Thread: What did you do to your E30 today?

My Cars
    '01 740iL, '91 318is
    got a little closer to finishing my carbon tweeter pods for the sail panels.
    Last edited by toddc; 07-01-2011 at 10:18 AM.

My Cars
    95 M3
    I drove my e30 to work the first time this year after a long winters nap with a little help from methanol.
    Last edited by hsvturbo; 03-14-2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: add methanol
    WOT

My Cars
    1989 325i
    Not Today but yesterday evening:
    Took a ride into a ditch..some drunk (I am asuming because he was on my side of the road and then didnt even stop afterward) in a Lumina ran me off the rode and a swerved and ended up in a ditch, 'Fatalitys include Front Valance, 2 Blades off the Fan, Fan Shroud (because I think the radiator support is pushed up a bit so the AC fan is not spinning either), bottom lip and Drivers fender, managed to pull the Valance closer to straight so the fog lamp is not aiming down or the corner of the valance is not trying to cut down the tire.
    Luckily i was only 3 blocks from my house so after having it pulled out of the ditch I got her home. No dmg to the wheels or rims, had to pull off the driver side wheel to clean all them mud off the rotor and caliper which leads me to a question, what the f*ck is the torque specs for those lug bolts? I broke a 1/2" drive rachet and an air rachet trying to get them off. Ended up using a breaker bar to finally break them loose.
    EDIT: On a positive note yesterday morning I drove to the Dealership and picked up my new key.
    Today Was spent cleaning and accessing damage..FML
    Last edited by sandtiger; 03-17-2011 at 09:43 PM.

My Cars
    90' 24v, 89' 325is
    put on the rear rotors, pads and bilstein sports. front suspension and brakes are on the list for tomorrow

My Cars
    89 325iC, 05 X3
    I changed the rear shocks and springs together with the usual hardware. I realized I will need new sway bars too. The car looks funny. The front much higher. I have to do the front coils and shocks soonest is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by sandtiger View Post
    Not Today but yesterday evening:
    Took a ride into a ditch..some drunk (I am asuming because he was on my side of the road and then didnt even stop afterward) in a Lumina ran me off the rode and a swerved and ended up in a ditch, 'Fatalitys include Front Valance, 2 Blades off the Fan, Fan Shroud (because I think the radiator support is pushed up a bit so the AC fan is not spinning either), bottom lip and Drivers fender, managed to pull the Valance closer to straight so the fog lamp is not aiming down or the corner of the valance is not trying to cut down the tire.
    Luckily i was only 3 blocks from my house so after having it pulled out of the ditch I got her home. No dmg to the wheels or rims, had to pull off the driver side wheel to clean all them mud off the rotor and caliper which leads me to a question, what the f*ck is the torque specs for those lug bolts? I broke a 1/2" drive rachet and an air rachet trying to get them off. Ended up using a breaker bar to finally break them loose.
    EDIT: On a positive note yesterday morning I drove to the Dealership and picked up my new key.
    Today Was spent cleaning and accessing damage..FML
    Sorry to read your story. Did the police catch the driver?
    Last edited by Hungarian E30; 03-18-2011 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1989 325i
    nope

My Cars
    89 325iC, 05 X3
    c.r.a.p.

My Cars
    1984 318i
    last weekend i blacked out the chrome trim around all the glass and doors. blacked out the grill and resprayed the front lip. everything i painted was flat black. also removed the 318i emblem from the trunk.

My Cars
    1986 325ES STICK
    Replaced front control arms and bushings, what a difference!! Had the 1986 windshield replaced. Installed an auto dimming inside mirror with compass from an early 90's Cadillac! Glued 4 horn button emblems onto my bottle cap center caps. Look like factory and are nice and shiny. I also installed an express down module from a mid 90's Pontiac onto my driver door window motor.
    Last edited by grantorino62; 03-19-2011 at 10:12 AM.
    It sounds like English, but I cannot understand a damn word you're saying!

My Cars
    1989 325i Sedan

Cool Head Unit Install

Still no freaking OBC harness, so I went ahead & stuck my stereo in ... looks great, sounds great ... good enough that I'm hearing crap out of the left/rear speaker that I wasn't hearing with the Clarion. Console's still on the bench with the window switches flopping around on the tunnel but I'm leaving it like that long enough to take another shot at OBC hardware.

I'll check the wiring tomorrow before I secure the panel well enough to drive the car (possible bad speaker) - for the moment I'm plenty tickled with fresh dash bulbs & the stereo.

If I can't stuff young Mr. Johnson up the tailpipe, I don't want it ...

My Cars
    1989 325i, 1995 525i, 20
    Swapped out DME, all the running problems gone
    Installed tail light gaskets. Went for a drive.
    Now to dry it out from the leaking gaskets. Next week replace TB, WP, Thermostat and plugs. Then she'll be done for a while.
    Another Bronzit on the road.
    "I'd rather die happy than not die at all" Robbie Robertson, WS Walcott's Medicine Show

My Cars
    E30 325i Coupe
    well yesterday..

removed M30 AFM and foam sock filter and put a stock airbox/paper filter and stock AFM back in along with removing the scorpion backbox and fitting a stock/pattern part rear section of system. now its as close to stock as i can take it easily (still have 16lb E36 injectors and 64mm TB, walbro pump, lumenition coil, etc) so ill be messing with the tune to see if what works with easier breathing also works ok closer to stock.

- My E30: Project 325i

- WMMotorsports.co.uk

My Cars
    1991 E30 318is
    I gave my "is" a good coat of looking at

My Cars
    E30 325i Coupe
    lol

think i may actually wash the car today. if its lucky i might even clean out the interior..

- My E30: Project 325i

- WMMotorsports.co.uk

My Cars
    1991 E30 318is
    Mine gets a wash once a year whether it needs it or not
    Last edited by tommy2takes; 03-20-2011 at 10:52 AM.

My Cars
    1984 BMW 318i
    Polished the rims, and got in an accident 2 hours later. (F*ckn women in parking lots!)

1984 318i e30
    Slowest car in Austin, Texas

My Cars
    1989 325i Sedan

Cool

Man, that impact is obvious ... you didn't get in any accident, the bitch hit you pure & simple. She covering repairs?

My Cars
    1984 BMW 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroke5 View Post
    Man, that impact is obvious ... you didn't get in any accident, the bitch hit you pure & simple. She covering repairs?
    well it's still up to the ins companies. I was completely out of the spot and she jerked and accelerated into me. I had come to a complete stop and, in slow motion, saw the my E30 get violated. Bitch wasn't even looking in the direction of her driving path.

Cop showed up
    oogled my E30
    cringed at the damage
    roled his eyes at her story

hope he files a favorable report (accident reports come out in 3-4 biz days here in NY)

I just hope it gets fixed with the correct parts. what is that black rubber next to the diving board that got cracked? Looks like a tough find.

hood is straight
    tire untouched
    Last edited by thebigkick; 03-20-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    1984 318i e30
    Slowest car in Austin, Texas

My Cars
    1989 325i Sedan

Cool

Dunno if you're up for it, but I'd get a couple of my own estimates & then make them cut the check. If you do the work yourself the money that would otherwise go to labor can be spent on correct replacement parts instead of whatever crap the insurance company's preferred shop scrounges up so they can split the difference.

My Cars
    89 325iC, 05 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigkick View Post
    Polished the rims, and got in an accident 2 hours later. (F*ckn women in parking lots!)

Hey man. That i so bad. I'm sure you will find that plastic part for your car.
    I had two collisions so far. (the third time I could manage to hit the guard rails on my own, in a snow storm) Both time I was in complete stop at the red light. It is bad to be in the front row and see how someone wrecking your car.

My Cars
    1990 325is
    Finished my fusebox swap and changed my oil. I also cleaned out the trunk for the first time since I got the car. Thinking about vacuuming the interior and cleaning the windows.
    Need a shift boot?
    Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

My Cars
    89 325iC, 05 X3
    Installed a fire extinguisher in the trunk to help others in trouble.

My Cars
    1989 325i Sedan

Cool Finished the Stereo Install

It's pretty tight. Preset Color 15 is a dead match for the orange panel lights, & even in daylight it doesn't look too totally out of place in the e30 dash. The daytime color is set to bright blue for visability, & at night it just looks sharp. Easy to read, easy to control.

Flashdrives play just fine, phone works fine, & I got the rear speaker issue resolved - sounds great - celebrated by briefly blaring a flashdrive sourced mp3 copy of Bad Boy, Bad Boy for the scumbag neighbors across the street ...

I did stick the OBC in while the dash was out. That's not wired up yet but the 6-button was dead & I figgered the dash would be as safe a place as any to store the 13-button unit.

Sooner or later I'll find the rest of that assembly.

My Cars
    1985 325e
    3 weeks ago, i did a complete R&R of the brake system, but forgot to put back the rear passenger anti-rattle bracket, so yesterday i did that.

Finally decided to tackle the instrument cluster, (intermittent tach, temp gauge). Took it out, tightened up all ground nuts, decided to re-flow all solder joints on the cluster and on the si-board, looked at the si-batteries and looked like too much work to get out (looks like they are epoxy glued to the circuit board). Put everything back together and in the car, looks like that did the trick! (i still have the SI lights lit) but do notice that my HVAC lighting works too now, dont know if reflowing the solder joints did that but the entire center console lights up where before half of the c.console lit up. win win for me!
    Last edited by CdnBimmer; 03-21-2011 at 08:00 AM.

My Cars
    '88 320i Mtech2; 2004 X3

Thumbs up Snow tires ....

SNOW TIRES .... I was going to wait until next year to get snow tires to put on the spare rims I bought last week ... but the snow just won't stop .. we are supposed to get another 2 to 4 inches today ... and 100 miles south of us they already have 10 to 12 inches on the ground last night and more is coming ..

... what an amazing difference in traction and cornering ... I have no regrets in putting out the money for these tires!!!!
    ... forty-three years of driving before I get behind the wheel of a BMW .... and I am thinking, "why did it take me so long?"
    ... and then after another 4 years I can't believe that I have two of them !!

Page 105 of 237 FirstFirst ... 555809596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115130155205 ... LastLast