Thread: What did you do to your E30 today?

My Cars
    No e30s, again :(
    Might have lost the engine in the 4 door. Overheated on the highway whike coming home. Shut it off as soon as i noticed the temp gage but what worries me is all the smoke from the engine bay. I think something pressurized the cooling system and caused all the fluid to blow out from under the reservoir cap because i could find nothing leaking or broken and the reservoir is covered with fluid.

Hopefully its ok. Head has only been driven on for 1/4 tank of gas since it was installed

My Cars
    Ok, back from 6 flags so i got to work in the four door.

Wow, someone added a lot of extra wires when they put in the alarm, there were wires under the top panel of the fuse box with a relay, wires all over the place above the driver's foot well, and even wires leading behind the hvac panel. I removed all the weird wires and the car still runs so thats good.

I also finally got the freeze plug changed and what a difference did it make in the temp. The gage still pegs to hot (reason i started going through the wires) but i had a meat thermometer in the air vent and the heater on hot and we compared readings.

At idle, air comes out of vents hot and reads up to 120.

While riding around neighborhood and not on highway, staying under 45mph, gage reads up to 95.

On the highway the temps reach up to 102.

I know that doesnt mean much to many but in no temp language, idling equals hot air from the vents, riding around but not on the highway is lule warm, and highway temps are luke warmer.

So, what i have come to is i need a thermostat and maybe i need to have the radiator cleaned.

But, we won't know until i fix the temp gage so i will pull the cluster tomorrow and check the board circuits and see where the wire in the blue plug connects to the brown/purple wire under the dash.

I know the temp sensor is good and i know the gage cluster is good as i have swapped them from the white car where they worked fine, and the ones from this car work fine

My Cars
    stupid si batteries.
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    New radiator amd thermostat. Now the temp gage stays between 1/4 &1/2
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Quote Originally Posted by superj View Post
    stupid si batteries.
    Mine are also toast, gonna be sending mine out for a complete overhaul here soon-ish. In addition to new batteries, odometer gears, likely going to be adding a yellow tach gauge

My Cars
    I dug through the garage and found an older cluster and just soldered in the jumper wire so I no longer have si batteries or the board.

its funny, the other si board looks like its a very new replacement.
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 2.8
    Beautiful spring day here in Wichita Falls, Texas, so I took advantage by touching up the oxidized clear coat on my 84 325e; also painted the rear spoiler, rocker panels and mirrors silver body color.

My Cars
    I ordered new interior door handles.
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    87 325e Auto
    Front and rear subframe swap

My Cars
    my oldest son has started pulling the five speed stuff from my parts car. his auto ended up being a problem, still. I guess maybe this weekend we will put it in. that's good because I will take the trans pump and valve body off the trans we take from his car and put it on the trans in the garage so I will still have a good auto as a back up for whatever reason.
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    1989 325i, 1987 325e
    My ansa exhaust came with a mid pipe that didn’t have the hanger bracket, so I took the bracket off my oem cat back and welded it to the ansa pipe. Then, I installed new rubber hangers and put her back together. No more wiggly exhaust.

My Cars
    1990 325i turbo
    image.jpgimage.jpgGave Greg's car wood

My Cars
    1988 325iC Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by superj View Post
    I dug through the garage and found an older cluster and just soldered in the jumper wire so I no longer have si batteries or the board.

its funny, the other si board looks like its a very new replacement.
    you wouldn't have any pics of how you jump these wires. OD on mine still not working and every thing else works except for that..put in new gears and tested it still nothing....wish i could get it to work..

My Cars
    91 318i 04 325i
    Changed the Bosch style auxiliary fan resistor with generous helpings of patience and persistence on the 91. Once again, the aux fan runs when the AC is engaged .
    On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. (Edward Mote 1797-1874)

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by rustneversleeps View Post
    you wouldn't have any pics of how you jump these wires. OD on mine still not working and every thing else works except for that..put in new gears and tested it still nothing....wish i could get it to work..
    I actually do but I cannot post stuff like that form where I work. message me later or I will forget to check, like I have forgotten to check on this thread
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    2x E30 and E46 vert
    trying to get my engine run right ..

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Sent my cluster in to get refinished and get a Ferrari style yellow tach, now just waiting for it to be returned so I can finally start driving the thing!

My Cars
    we a re ready to install the standard trans into my son's 325. maybe sunday though because I am still on mandatory overtime and we have to go to san Antonio and back on Saturday so that day will be shot for working on the car
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    '87 e30, '02 e39 Dinan
    Racing tomorrow on the reassembled engine, wish it luck
    Capital Driving Club Car # 102
    How to turbo your car:
    Step one. Install ecu and learn to tune and or have it tuned.
    Step two. Install injectors and retune.
    Step three. Install turbo parts and bits. get it running with out leaks. DO NOT DRIVE IT. Idling should be ok
    Step four. Retune car
    Step five enjoy

My Cars
    badass /\

hopefully it goes great!
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    Went to my favorite bmw junkyard and found premium rear speakers, door tweeters, and an IS spoiler for 120 bucks, total. She said they have complete cruise controls kits, and anything i want, just come back when i am ready.

To bad its about a three hour drive from my house so i only go once a year
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    made my son finish the five speed swap on his 86 325. now it is fun to drive and looks good, too
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    '87 e30, '02 e39 Dinan
    Cup holder meet car, car meet cup holder, Cup holder say good by to your box home for the last 8 years.
    2018-07-13_01-01-47 by euro2fast4u, on Flickr
    Last edited by euro2fast4u; 07-13-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    Capital Driving Club Car # 102
    How to turbo your car:
    Step one. Install ecu and learn to tune and or have it tuned.
    Step two. Install injectors and retune.
    Step three. Install turbo parts and bits. get it running with out leaks. DO NOT DRIVE IT. Idling should be ok
    Step four. Retune car
    Step five enjoy

My Cars
    91 318i 04 325i
    Put cross-drilled front rotors on the 91 when the originals warped prematurely. Pulled the aux fan from the convertible and installed that on the 91.
    On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. (Edward Mote 1797-1874)

My Cars
    We have that same cup holder in my son's car. He said it works great

Found a horribly huge rust hole in the four door. Its under the trunk seal, above the right tail light.
    No e30s again.

Page 220 of 237 FirstFirst ... 120170195210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230 ... LastLast