Thread: Thinking about buying an e36 m3

My Cars
    BMW 525i, Porsche 944, Porsche 951

Thinking about buying an e36 m3

Currently i have an e34 that i call my daily driver but usually after about 6 months i get tired of a car and buy another so this time i am thinking about an e36 m3.

My first question about the car is how does it do in rain/snow with the ASC? A wrench at a local dealer told me they were pretty bad? would it be about the same as my e34?

My second question is about aftermarket exhaust. I wont be changing much on the car (most of my car money gets dumped into my porsche) but a couple months ago my shop had a supercharged e36 m3 in and it had dual exhaust on it which i liked alot. does anyone know who makes a setup like that?

My Cars
    Wuper Tuper Fuper
    Dual exhaust? That's custom made. If you have a porsche, WTF are you purchasing an E36 M3. It will suck in the snow unless you are willing to purchase winter tires/rims for it. Other than that, you will do fine; but, you're an idiot if you are going to buy an E36 M3 for snow use. I would purchase a jeep wrangler 97+, and use that. IT's great in the snow, pretty damn comfortable compared to my older jeep CJ7/wrangler ... and cheap to purchase.

An E36 can suck as a daily driver at times ... your E34 is much nicer to daily drive with. Don't even waste your money.

My Cars
    '04 GT3, '04 Lexus GX470, '92 Toy 4x4 ("Pablo")
    I live in sunny CA, so I dont know about rain and snow...well rain I do. Car works fine in the rain. I actually drive without ACS on 99% of the time. Not a problem. I know they are not a snow car, but many run Hallappelletta's (?) and other good snow tires and do just fine.

Exhaust...I don't know who makes a dual exhaust per se. The M3 has "dual exhaust" as there are two functional outlets for the exhaust, but I have never seen an E36 M3 with exahust on both sides of the car. The E46 DOES have the exahust on boith sides. I know the DInan one for E46's is "dual", but not really...the passenger side (I think) is "just for looks" as it is just pipes, and no exhaust gases flow through it! May buddy has it on his E46.

You may want to try a search too...you prolly got no replies as those are commonly asked questions AFAIK.

Good luck in your search, Tim

1995 M3 (sold)
    1997 M3/4 (sold)
    2004 GT3
    2008 E90 M3 on order -- week 23 build -- DCT and 19's!

My Cars
    07 335i coupe, 06 GX470
    I drive my E36 M3 daily, come rain snow or ice. You DO need a set of snow tires for it, but if you have those it's a GREAT daily driver. It snowed every other day this past Winter and I never had a problem, even up to around 6 inches on the ground. Strap a set of Blizzaks to it and enjoy the ride.

My Cars
    nosoup- i'm not driving in alaska or anything, i live in new york and some occasional snow is possible in the winter.

here is the car with the dual exhaust i mentioned:

My Cars
    '95 M3
    Dan -

Get a shot under the hood too!
    "And also, let's not forget let's NOT forget, Dude, that keeping wildlife... um, an amphibious
    rodent, for... um, you know, domestic... within the city. That ain't legal either."

My Cars
    the only shot i have is a before shot, the customer installed the supercharger himself and it doesnt look very pretty. we fixed everything and installed a water injection system.

This is one of like 4 or 5 supercharged ///m cars that were here while osh from RMS was here working on the supercharged e39 m5 with us.

anyway the dual exhaust was cool but not worth me custom building it.

My Cars
    inbetween
    Damn that car is HOT!

Is that an OEM arched spoiler?