Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you v2.0?

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivs View Post
    Aww man, 20's??
    Oh believe me they have caused me great pain! Not so much the 20's, but the fricken 25 series tires in the back. I could have run 30 series, but the dealer I got them from said I would have a rubbing problem. He was wrong.

I had 19's on my old 3 series so i figured 20's would be appropriate for a 5. That was the reasoning.

They do look pretty nice though. I'm going to enjoy them until they crack in half over a pothole.

My Cars
    ///M
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptus View Post
    Howzit! I'm a local boy who has been lurking for a little bit. I found this place from the Team BMW forum on FH. I also went on the shrimp shack cruise with them a while back.

My ride is a 2006 530i E60.

I don't have much mods done yet. I got my 20's (currently not mounted) and I also have a bunch of little stuff thats sitting here waiting to get installed (Mtec v2 AE bulbs, HID fogs, RPI scoop, matte kidney grills, led sidemarkers)

Hopefully I can get all this stuff installed by this weekend so I can come out for a cruise!
    Aloha Kryptus,

Send me your info at teambmwhawaii@gmail.com so I can keep you updated with our events.

BTW, the right 20's look great on the e60. one of our members is running a set on his e60 M5 and it's downright sexy.

My Cars
    2006 BMW M5
    Howzit! I'm a local boy who has been lurking for a little bit. I found this place from the Team BMW forum on FH. I also went on the shrimp shack cruise with them a while back.

My ride is a 2006 530i E60.

I don't have much mods done yet. I got my 20's (currently not mounted) and I also have a bunch of little stuff thats sitting here waiting to get installed (Mtec v2 AE bulbs, HID fogs, RPI scoop, matte kidney grills, led sidemarkers)

Hopefully I can get all this stuff installed by this weekend so I can come out for a cruise!
    Hey Kryptus, Just installed everything you just mentioned on your to do list on my E60 M5 a couple weeks ago. Let me know if you need a hand. The headlights are a pain to take out until you do it a couple times. Went through a couple sets of different AE's and the MTEC V2's are by far the brightest. Nowhere near what the E46 guy's replacement rings give you since we're only pushing 3watts but the brightest option we have. Did you get your parts from vendors on e60.net?

In regards to your tire sizing, i'd say about 90% of the guys running 20's on an e60 are running 245/30 front and 275 or 285/30s rear.

Hey if you're interested, i've got a sprintbooster up for sale from when I had my 545i. Let me know if you want to test it out.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by tony808r1 View Post
    Hey Kryptus, Just installed everything you just mentioned on your to do list on my E60 M5 a couple weeks ago. Let me know if you need a hand. The headlights are a pain to take out until you do it a couple times. Went through a couple sets of different AE's and the MTEC V2's are by far the brightest. Nowhere near what the E46 guy's replacement rings give you since we're only pushing 3watts but the brightest option we have. Did you get your parts from vendors on e60.net?

In regards to your tire sizing, i'd say about 90% of the guys running 20's on an e60 are running 245/30 front and 275 or 285/30s rear.

Hey if you're interested, i've got a sprintbooster up for sale from when I had my 545i. Let me know if you want to test it out.

Great to see another E60 here! You know... I just might need a hand with the headlight stuff. I have been reading through DIY threads and some of the horror stories make me nervous. i have read about the sprint booster. It sounds like fun, but I'm worried it would make my driving a lot more aggressive, which might not be a good thing. Also no racing for me with my humble 260HP. I picked up the parts from the vendors @ 5series.net.

My Cars
    1994 325i, 1996 //M3
    Never really introduced myself so...

Hi my name is Kyle. I live on the big island and I drive a BMW. (It's a work in progress)

My Cars
    Salvage Vehicle, et al.
    Welcome....Drive safely out there...Lots of tempting long stretches of road between Hilo and Kona.

My Cars
    84 GLi, 06 M3, '10 690
    mmmmmmmm.... bigisland...
    Last edited by EvilBunny; 06-10-2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: ddeeeeeeeeeee
    ::HomeGrownMotorSports::

HatersMakeMeFamous

My Cars
    1994 325i, 1996 //M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroboy View Post
    Welcome....Drive safely out there...Lots of tempting long stretches of road between Hilo and Kona.
    I know. Use to drive hilo to kona back to hilo once a week last summer. Nothin like blasting music while a +100mph night wind cools the cabin.

My Cars
    2006 BMW M5
    Great to see another E60 here! You know... I just might need a hand with the headlight stuff. I have been reading through DIY threads and some of the horror stories make me nervous. i have read about the sprint booster. It sounds like fun, but I'm worried it would make my driving a lot more aggressive, which might not be a good thing. Also no racing for me with my humble 260HP. I picked up the parts from the vendors @ 5series.net.

5series.net/e60.net. Same site. Let me guess, got the parts from Brabus and Trinity? The owner of Trinity was just down here on his honeymoon and hand carried some parts down for me about a month ago.

With the headlights, if you don't take it out at the exact correct angle, you end up scratching the paint (learned that the hard way). I've got it down now so just shoot me your number and i'll give you a hand this weekend or something. Scoops, grille, and side markers are quick and easy as well.

oh yeah, typo on my previous post about most common tire sizes for E60's running 20" wheels non M. 245/35 front and 275 or 285 30 rear. No rubbing on my old 545i when I was running 285/30 rear. What wheels and tires you running? buttrock

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530i
    I don't seem to be able to PM anyone...

email me I guess
    Last edited by Kryptus; 07-12-2012 at 10:24 AM.

My Cars
    e90 M3
    I have been on the site for a while now but I never really introduced myself before. I met a lot of you guys tonight at the cruise so I figured I'd throw up a post here.

My name is Tyler, I am working on my MBA at UH Manoa - Shilder, and I'm a a Sales Rep for a living. I came from a regular poor family and have always wanted to drive BMW's ever since the Z3 in James Bond: Golden eye, so that's why I work my ass off and then blow my whole paycheck on my car payments.

I have owned 3 BMW's so far: e36 325i, e46 330ci, and now my e92 335i. All standard!, automatic is boring.

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler0630 View Post
    I have been on the site for a while now but I never really introduced myself before. I met a lot of you guys tonight at the cruise so I figured I'd throw up a post here.

My name is Tyler, I am working on my MBA at UH Manoa - Shilder, and I'm a a Sales Rep for a living. I came from a regular poor family and have always wanted to drive BMW's ever since the Z3 in James Bond: Golden eye, so that's why I work my ass off and then blow my whole paycheck on my car payments.

I have owned 3 BMW's so far: e36 325i, e46 330ci, and now my e92 335i. All standard!, automatic is boring.
    What's your area of concentration? I got my MBA 20 years ago, but it's not like I use it these days. lol

My Cars
    e90 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beastmaster View Post
    What's your area of concentration? I got my MBA 20 years ago, but it's not like I use it these days. lol

Marketing, focusing on professional/personal selling courses, and a bunch of the boring stuff that comes along with it too.

Lol, I'm just going through with it because my job is paying the way so I figured why not, I'll be done with everything hopefully sooner than later.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 5
    hey guys my names puna kinda new to the bmw scene

My Cars
    ///M
    Quote Originally Posted by stylin8o8 View Post
    welcome puna!

My Cars
    what car?
    Quote Originally Posted by stylin8o8 View Post
    sup!
    TeeHee

My Cars
    2008 BMW 5
    thanks guys! all u guys got super nice cars

My Cars
    2008 BMW 5
    hey guys how do u pm someone i know sorry dumb question but im having issues trying to do that haha

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Hey guys, my name is Kristian and I'd just like to say that this is the best forum community I've seen. Hope to see you on the road.

My Cars
    ///M
    Quote Originally Posted by KRIBZ View Post
    Hey guys, my name is Kristian and I'd just like to say that this is the best forum community I've seen. Hope to see you on the road.
    welcome Kristian! fellow e39er here

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark540i View Post
    welcome Kristian! fellow e39er here
    Thanks mark! I was actually just watching a couple of your vids in another thread. Great work man

My Cars
    1996 bmw 328i sedan
    beter late then never..

name is aaron but most people call me chkn(chicken) drive a black 96 328i. in the process of redoing the whole thing sooooo thats why i come to you guys. havent made it to any of the cruises or shows yet but i plan on going to the next one.

My Cars
    ///M
    Quote Originally Posted by KRIBZ View Post
    Thanks mark! I was actually just watching a couple of your vids in another thread. Great work man
    thanks! you can be a star in those videos too, just join us on our next cruise

Quote Originally Posted by chkn View Post
    beter late then never..

name is aaron but most people call me chkn(chicken) drive a black 96 328i. in the process of redoing the whole thing sooooo thats why i come to you guys. havent made it to any of the cruises or shows yet but i plan on going to the next one.
    aloha aaron! looking forward to seeing you in our next outing

My Cars
    Rieger E46

My E46 Daily Rager...... Makes it to the Bimmer Forums

Aloha all,

Just found out that Bimmer Forums had a Hawaii section. Took me all of 3 years? Lol.....I was on the fanatics forum. My car is in need of work but is still up and running....what a trooper.

It's an '03 E46 325i with a Rieger kit when people aren't trying to hit my car. I swear its an accident magnet. I've been hit all over the place; Boston, Montreal, New York, the damn boat ride over here(they broke and stole everything btw), and now finally Stone Ridge Towing in Honolulu.

After some bodywork this week and hopefully if the snail mail delivers my parts, I'm looking forward to making a cruise soon. When's the next one? Keep up with all the great work peoples!

Alohas,

Dakine808

My Cars
    what car?
    Quote Originally Posted by dakine808 View Post
    Aloha all,

Just found out that Bimmer Forums had a Hawaii section. Took me all of 3 years? Lol.....I was on the fanatics forum. My car is in need of work but is still up and running....what a trooper.

It's an '03 E46 325i with a Rieger kit when people aren't trying to hit my car. I swear its an accident magnet. I've been hit all over the place; Boston, Montreal, New York, the damn boat ride over here(they broke and stole everything btw), and now finally Stone Ridge Towing in Honolulu.

After some bodywork this week and hopefully if the snail mail delivers my parts, I'm looking forward to making a cruise soon. When's the next one? Keep up with all the great work peoples!

Alohas,

Dakine808
    is your car white or silver? and on stock wheels?
    TeeHee

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast