Thread: Any e34 owners in the San Jose area willing to help a East Coast e34 owner out?

My Cars
    1997 BMZ Z3 1.9 Boston

Any e34 owners in the San Jose area willing to help a East Coast e34 owner out?

I am a sucker for quirky cars and found a car I have had on my list of "must own one day". Its a 1986 Saab 900 Base 4 door. I know not a BMW, I know quirky, slow and alot of you are probably saying WHY!?! That said the car was purchase via a Catholic Charities donation lot and the present owner has the car listed on CL. He does not have the car titled in his name he told me he just has a "pink slip"? and the title from the original owner. The car is located in North San Jose and I was hoping to find a lister to go check the car out for me. Perfect world would be a lister who happens to be a classic Saab fan. (might be way to much to ask, lol)

Well any San Jose listers?

Thanks

Andrew
    Last edited by andrewcconti; 06-27-2008 at 11:14 PM.

My Cars
    E34 M5
    Wow, you have the same name as I do and are looking for a car in my exact area (West San Jose).

I would offer to help, but I don't think a seller would want a 16 year old picking at his car, lol. Chances are the car is a stick too, so I wouldn't be able to dirve it for you.

My Cars
    1997 BMZ Z3 1.9 Boston

Thanks and the car is stick and its in North San Jose I screwed up

Here is the ad from CL.

1986 SAAB 900 : 1-OWNER, RUNS WELL, 87K MILES, GAS SAVER >> - $1500 (san jose north)

Reply to: sale-734758775@craigslist.org
    Date: 2008-06-27, 11:17AM PDT

I have a 1986 Saab 900 that is all original & it only has 87K original miles.This car has a good running 4-cylinder motor(2.0 litre)& a 5-speed transmission,so it is also a gas saver.This car is completely stock from 1986,it has power steering & brakes,air and a cassette player.Nothing fancy about this car,but it is a good transportation car at a fair price.Original paint & interior that is still in decent shape(the car is navy blue with grey interior).There is no dents,rust or tears in the interior.The headliner was sagging & has thumb tacks in it now(this was done by the original owner).Who cares about that with the price of gas as it is now.It has the original wheels with good radial tires on them.Only 1-rubber molding on the passenger back door is missing.Everything else is ok & working,all lights,horn,heater,wipers & so on.It has a clean title,current registration(November of 2008)& a smog certificate.This car just passed the California smog test on 06/05/08.You can see this Saab at 837 N.Capitol Avenue #2,San Jose Ca 95133.If you are interested in buying this car call,(408)661-9829.

My Cars
    94 530i, 93 325is, 87 325i
    Adventure time! $350 Boston to San Fran. Buy it drive home. Take a week vacation. Enjoy the ride.

My Cars
    1997 BMZ Z3 1.9 Boston

lol youre a better man than I am ...

cross country in a 22 yr old saab is more "adventure" than I can handle at this point in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by mg328 View Post
    Adventure time! $350 Boston to San Fran. Buy it drive home. Take a week vacation. Enjoy the ride.

My Cars
    2013 Subayota FR-Z
    I saw the ad, pretty cool little car. I'm gonna see what I can do. Anyone else want to meet up?

l

My Cars
    E34 M5
    Summer is here and I really don't have much to do, so I think I could be free. I wish the right side of my car wasn't effed up though.

My Cars
    e34, e39
    i'm all for quirky cars (long time alfisti, and owned a saab 9000 turbo once), but why a base 4 door? just because?
    No current BMWs.
    1994 Roadmaster Wagon
    1974 Alfa Romeo Berlina

My Cars
    Suck
    People always use the euphemism "quirky" to describe cars of lesser reputation. Saabs aren't quirky, they're poorly built, difficult to work on, and fall apart faster than fords can rust. If you want a quirky car get a Citroen, or a Studebaker. The fact that Saab is owned by GM now is the most perfect case of getting what they deserve.

Seriously, stop making excuses for the poor designs of others.

Go ahead and bite. Plenty for everyone.

My Cars
    '89 325iC
    Isn't New England full of Saabs? Maybe the old ones are pretty rusted up there.

David if you're in the area and are going to check the car out, lemme know! If you still have my nummer

My Cars
    Suck
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSE34 View Post
    Isn't New England full of Saabs? Maybe the old ones are pretty rusted up there.

David if you're in the area and are going to check the car out, lemme know! If you still have my nummer
    Yeah, and don't think I haven't noticed. The worst thing on the road is an effing Saab driver. They all think they drive hot euro cars, driving along at 75mph thinking about how fast they're going in the passing lane, and won't give an inch or get out of the way. If you try to pass they'll speed up to block you. As soon as you pass them they'll slow back down and highbeam the hell out of you. They're hands down the worst thing on the road, above and beyond Prius owners.

Go ahead and bite. Plenty for everyone.

My Cars
    1997 BMZ Z3 1.9 Boston

Ok still looking for a San Jose lister or ....even better a dealer in san jose

I bought my white touring from a dealer in SoCal it made registering the car and titling it alot easier in MA. Buying from a private party in itself has me nervous add the fact he does not have the title in his name, just a pink slip has me thinking twice.

Ok answers:
    - why base saab--- just because
    - why saab ---- just because
    - why not buy one in NE ---- the classic 900s are all used up and rusted here

Thanks again to anyone who might be in the San Jose area and willing to help out.

Andrew

My Cars
    '89 325iC
    Quote Originally Posted by Binjammin View Post
    Yeah, and don't think I haven't noticed. The worst thing on the road is an effing Saab driver. They all think they drive hot euro cars, driving along at 75mph thinking about how fast they're going in the passing lane, and won't give an inch or get out of the way. If you try to pass they'll speed up to block you. As soon as you pass them they'll slow back down and highbeam the hell out of you. They're hands down the worst thing on the road, above and beyond Prius owners.
    I can't stand drivers like that! Slow left lane drivers, especially the ones travelling around 75mph thinking they're going fast, cause accidents. Because people will have to pass them on the right, having to weave in and out of traffic all over the place.