Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: speaker under the seat?

My Cars
    bmw 745i 02
    thx for the reply keifr... but i thought you lived in indy.. damn, i guess i will have to take it into the dealer... i dont have a warranty do you think they will charge to take a look?

I have about 140,000 km's on my 02 will they sell me a warranty? I thinking maybe just get the warranty then have them look hehe

anyone else able to help with the subs?

My Cars
    Black 2002 745Li, white 1997 740iL
    745i: Based on the wiring diagram in an earlier post of mine above, which you can't read because the picture is retarded small (but see the full-resolution one here), it would look as though the ASK (Audio System Kontroller -- which. visually, is the single-CD unit in the center console) is having issues. See if you can get someone to pull codes and tell you if the ASK has spit out any interesting errors. Also, get them to clear the errors and let you come back after a little while to see what errors popped back up -- these modules throw out tons of minor, generally insignificant errors over time, so sometimes it's useful to clear errors and see which come back before diagnosing further.

Regarding the sub, 02325 has a post near the bottom of this page that mentions liquid from the butt massager leaking onto the subs below frequently.

My Cars
    bmw 745i 02
    hmm I don't know anyone that can do that... will they sell me a warranty with the amount of km i have on my car?

I dont have the butt massager so it can't be that... my front door speaker cut in and out as well... and occasionally the subs will turn on for a split second. you think it could be the wiring? I have read all over the interent and seen so many people with the exact same problem yet no solutions.

hey keifr ur sayin it could be the ask and thats connected with the single cd player so if i play a cd on the changer should it be better?
    Last edited by 745i; 10-22-2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Actually the ASK is integrated with the single CD changer, so if you swap out single-CD unit you are also replacing the ASK, and vice-versa. Its functions are essentially tuning, DSP-related tasks, and amplification for the speakers connected directly to it (front door tweeters, front door mid-range speakers, rear deck mid-range speakers), while all other speakers are offloaded to the Logic 7 amp in the trunk. The ASK handles all signal processing and leads directly to the front door speakers; thus, crackling / distorted speakers in both front doors is typically indicative of a failing ASK.

Because all audio signals go through - and are processed by - the ASK, using the CD changer shouldn't make a difference in sound quality...sorry.

I'm unsure how detailed Autozone's code readers get, but you might get lucky and have one of their readers pick up errors from the ASK (trying it for free can't hurt, right?).

Regarding the subs -- sure, you could get a fault from a blown / shorting sub or an area in the wiring that is shorting to ground, but I'd get any ASK unit issues diagnosed properly and dealt with first since the Logic7 amp, the wiring to the subs, and the subs themselves are downstream from the ASK.
    Last edited by KeifR; 10-22-2009 at 04:07 AM.

My Cars
    bmw 745i 02
    thanks for info keifr... hmm autozone.. is that american? I'm in canada.

The subs kickin in for a cpl seconds once in a while lead me to believe that the amp is not blown... it may be possible that the ask is failing, but since the subs do go on sometimes, could it not possibly be a loose wire?
    Last edited by 745i; 10-22-2009 at 04:44 AM.

My Cars
    Autozone is American, sorry...I just meant to imply that any old car parts store probably has a cheap code reader and you might get lucky and be able to get the codes you need...and maybe not, but trying a free approach like that never hurts.

Sure, could be a loose wire, but if you're hearing crackling in the front speakers then maybe a messed up signal is getting to the amp as well. Since the ASK needs to maintain >= 6 volts to the amp for the amp to stay on (look at a post of mine on the previous page), maybe a bad signal is getting to the amp frequently and keeping it from staying on the majority of the time. There are obviously a lot of assumptions here, but I don't think they are too far-fetched.

My Cars
    bmw 745i 02
    hmm, you're making a lot of sense... damn car... I'll take it to a car parts place and get them read. Thx agaiin keifr.

My Cars
    bmw 745i 02
    any update from anyone on here with the same problem?

My Cars
    300c, 745i, 650i
    What size is the speakers under the seats? Wanna replace them.

My Cars
    bmw 745i 02
    nah its not the speakers i dont htink

My Cars
    745i
    hey 3itt i was wondering if u still have a subs for sale

My Cars
    Dickdeep in sharks
    Yeah, I parted out another e66 with L7 top hi-fi. I have an L7 amp and 2 pairs of subs for sale. All working, tested equipment.

My Cars
    300c, 745i, 650i
    hey 3its how much for 1 sub? and what size are they, im trying to replace the one under the driver seat

My Cars
    Dickdeep in sharks
    Size? I think the drivers themselves are 100cm. If you have not seen them in person, it is not your typical low frequency transducer. It is in a funky proprietory molded housing. I have heard tales of replacing the drivers with Stillwater RMB8s but that is just legend, not gospel.

My Cars
    AC Schnitzer 745i
    Quote Originally Posted by 745i View Post
    any update from anyone on here with the same problem?
    Could try resetting the MOST Bus by disconnecting the MOST Loop in the glove compartment :

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=307996

Or replace the amp yourself :

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=408854

My Cars
    2003 BMW 760Li
    May I join the Logic 7 problem club? 2003, 760LI w/L7. Subs are not working, and there are no leaks from seat massage. Adjusting bass & treble have no affect, although the indicators move with the idrive. When I try to adjust Logic 7, the indicators WILL NOT move and naturally, there is no affect. I do have to push down on the idrive to exit the L7 menu...but, there is no movement of the indicators. The front & rear door speakers work (I think they are mids/tweeters) and the rear package tray speakers work. The subs DON'T work and I don't think the center speaker in the dash is working. I reset the the MOST bus as described in previous posts. Finally, I removed and re-installed the L7 amp, opened the cover, looked inside for obvious burnt spots, etc (saw none).
    Would anyone have advice on the same problem and found that changing the L7 amp was the solution? Or did you change the single CD/ASK unit?
    By the way...it's my wife's car and she would never have noticed the lack of bass. I believe it failed after my buddy and I went out on a Sat night and pounded the crap out of the car, blasted AC/DC, and basically put the audio system through hell in case that means anything.
    Last edited by Big N Fast; 11-03-2009 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Additional information provided.

My Cars
    '91, '99, '04 BMW's
    Still have the amp from the '04?

My Cars
    03 cobra, 95 honda accord
    The logic 7 is so common for failing. most of the time when the subs don't work you can listen and hear faint sounds like blow speakers, also you will have problems with the center dash speaker and the rear door speakers, these are all controlled with logic 7. if you take the electronic board out of the logic 7 and then the secondary board and inspect you can find burnt resistors. you can replace these if you know what you are doing and can find the correct resistance of the originals.

sometimes if you have comfort seats with massaging you can have the bladder bags leak the sugar solution onto the subs and seat module and seat satellite for the bytflyte system. this can short the sub under the seat and backfeed into the amplifier and continue to blow the amp. check this but most of the time you have speaker problems along with airbag light.

generally it is a misdesign in the power running through the amp into the speakers for all channels and again burns the resistors in the circuit board.

plug another amp into the vehicle, no coding required for correct operation and go from there.

brand new amplifiers have integrated fans in them from production o8 and newer. this is for cooling obviously.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 745li
    my subs stop working...they were making a crackling and distorted noises, so I replaced them with some used subs and I continued to get the same crackling. I replaced those subs with earthquake subs and I still have the same issue which leads me to believe it is the amp. Has anyone had this issue. Also, does anyone have a used L7 amp for sale?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 745li
    Is it still available? How much do you want for the amp?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 745li
    My subs are crackling and making distorted noises but all other speakers are working well. I believe there may be an issue with the amp. Please let me know if any has one for sale.

My Cars
    bmw 745i

please help

Quote Originally Posted by KeifR View Post
    Logic7 HiFi / Top-HiFi audio system controller and amplifier wiring diagram for 2002 BMW 745i / 745Li (E65 / E66).

(link to flickr page)

PM me with an e-mail addr if you want the full-sized version of this...flickr resizes it to an illegible size.
    Can u send me the diagram

- - - Updated - - -

Mikelang07@gmail.com

My Cars
    2007 bmw 750li

Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by felixt2005 View Post
    ok guys, my sub woofers aren't working. at all! does anyone oknow what i can do to fix them? i have the 7 logic system in my bimmer. the speakers just stopped working. does anyone know if its a fuse? and where it is so that i can change it? please be specific on where it is and what port and what amp fuse to use. thanks!
    Having same problem but its the white to my dvd player and the white wire to my entertainment control module the wire was cut by previous owner assuming he used the white wire for a aftermarket amp since the white wire is a remote wire my only problem is I do not know what pin whole the white wire goes in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12