Thread: in Canada BMW sucks

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328i

in Canada BMW sucks

Here it is the story: I own a 2011 328i xdrive. Last spring I’ve had an accident and I brought the car for repair to BMW Ste-Julie, Quebec. Near Montreal, Canada. Since I wasn’t pleased with the result, I brought it back for corrections. Twice. First time the rear bumper and the taillight weren’t aligned with the body. The second time, when raining, the water was coming inside the trunk.
    At my second visit, I’ve found out from a technician that they don’t have a body shop. I didn’t know that and nobody told me from the beginning. And the body shop that they do business with is at 45km(!!) from Ste-Julie. Now, three visits, go and back, you do the math.
    Since I still wasn’t pleased with the result, and I wasn’t willing to bring the car there AGAIN, I’ve asked for a compensation. Forget about it. The answer: the repair was done in accordance with their standards and the file is closed.
    I’ve asked the lady responsible for the repair: would you be pleased with the result?
    Total silence.
    Meanwhile I’ve contacted BMW Canada. Four times. I’ve received an email where they were saying “we will address the problem INTERNALLY”. What I’ve found strange it was that from the beginning they’ve asked: is the car still under warranty?
    After that, I’ve contacted BMW in Germany, via bmw.com. They forwarded the message to BMW Canada!!! Someone contacted me. He told me that the dealers are independent (I was knowing that) and they can’t do very much (that I didn’t know), that the lady at dealership told him that the car was repaired in accordance with the standards. And finally, that after an accident, a car can’t be repaired as when it was new. Case closed.
    After sending him some pictures, I’ve asked him the same question: would you be pleased with the repair?
    Surprise. The same answer: total silence.
    In conclusion: the dealers are good only to sell cars. If you have a problem and want to be well fixed, avoid the dealerships. At least some of them.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    BMW does not care how many of there cars you buy or anything else for that matter. Talk about not taking care of the customer. All they need to do is fix the problem and it's probably not that hard to fix. The people who are the mouth pieces have no idea what's going on with your car. I would talk with your insurance company about this. Stuff like this could be handle so much better if they took just a little interest.

My Cars
    02 M3
    there are very few car dealerships who have their own body shop, should have got a 335 bro!

My Cars
    BMW 328xi 2008

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Eugen E90 View Post
    Here it is the story: I own a 2011 328i xdrive. Last spring I’ve had an accident and I brought the car for repair to BMW Ste-Julie, Quebec. Near Montreal, Canada. Since I wasn’t pleased with the result, I brought it back for corrections. Twice. First time the rear bumper and the taillight weren’t aligned with the body. The second time, when raining, the water was coming inside the trunk.
    At my second visit, I’ve found out from a technician that they don’t have a body shop. I didn’t know that and nobody told me from the beginning. And the body shop that they do business with is at 45km(!!) from Ste-Julie. Now, three visits, go and back, you do the math.
    Since I still wasn’t pleased with the result, and I wasn’t willing to bring the car there AGAIN, I’ve asked for a compensation. Forget about it. The answer: the repair was done in accordance with their standards and the file is closed.
    I’ve asked the lady responsible for the repair: would you be pleased with the result?
    Total silence.
    Meanwhile I’ve contacted BMW Canada. Four times. I’ve received an email where they were saying “we will address the problem INTERNALLY”. What I’ve found strange it was that from the beginning they’ve asked: is the car still under warranty?
    After that, I’ve contacted BMW in Germany, via bmw.com. They forwarded the message to BMW Canada!!! Someone contacted me. He told me that the dealers are independent (I was knowing that) and they can’t do very much (that I didn’t know), that the lady at dealership told him that the car was repaired in accordance with the standards. And finally, that after an accident, a car can’t be repaired as when it was new. Case closed.
    After sending him some pictures, I’ve asked him the same question: would you be pleased with the repair?
    Surprise. The same answer: total silence.
    In conclusion: the dealers are good only to sell cars. If you have a problem and want to be well fixed, avoid the dealerships. At least some of them.

I'm from the south shore of Montreal and I know well Bmw St-Julie but if you still need help to find the best body shop I can help you for sure I have the same car as you.

Sent me a message.