Thread: New e39 Owner some questions

My Cars
    98 528i 2002 Boxster S 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee,

New e39 Owner some questions

Hello everyone,
    I am a new e39 owner. While new to the e39 I am not new to BMW, having owned several including the e34, e46 and e30. I know that I can search the forum for some of these, but was wanting to save some time, so if no one will mind I will post some questions here.

Headlights- What is the best way to polish foggy covers? is it worth the trouble or should they be replaced. Eventually I would like to add the angel eyes, either xenon or regular lamps. There are many different ones out there, on ebay etc. is the conversion to the Xenon fairly straight forward? anyone have some experience with any of the kits they would like to share?

Dice iPod. Is the Dice the best way to go? or is there another option that allows for tapping into the changer? Where did you mount the box and the iPod carrier. Which type of radio removal tool is used and where does it go? I did not see any slots for it.

Key Fob- Is this a dealer only item due to the anti theft device, what do they go for?
    are there any other common mod's that are routinely done?

Thank you for the time to look this over and respond.

My Cars
    530i, 325es
    yes all of these could have been answered by a simple search... but i will help you anyway
    1) check the diy section.... wetsand then plasticX
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=930893
    2)dice is good if you dont have a new ipod .... if you have nav then people say intravee is alot better
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...highlight=ipod
    3)yes dealer only they need to key via vin number... its like 150 for a key... not too bad
    but you have a 10 key max for replacements... you ge 4 initially and 6 replacements... mae sure your car isnt maxed out...
    Last edited by quacktoduck; 05-21-2008 at 01:20 PM.

My Cars
    98 528i 2002 Boxster S 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
    Thank you very much for taking the time. I will also search these topics as I have an opportunity.

My Cars
    530i, 325es
    i posted some links....