Thread: help to identify part

My Cars
    2012 X5 xDrive35d

help to identify part

While looking under my car over the weekend I found a broken bushing cover on the sway bar. There are two of these bushings & covers that connect to the chassis on the mid section of the sway bar. I would like to replace it but I have no clue what it is. Anyone know what i'm talking about or do I need to be more detailed?

Thanks
    -nate-
    - 2012 X5 E70 M57D30T2 xDrive35d - Alpine White / Black

My Cars
    '88 M5 & '87 325e
    I think I know what you mean, but it seems like a weird part to have wear out on ya...

Do you mean the rubber piece that is between the sway bar and the connectors that attach to the frame of the car?

I really don't think they do anything exept prevent the bar from sqweeking when the suspension moves. If you really want to replace them with originals, I'd hit a junkyard.
    - Pete

My Cars
    2012 X5 xDrive35d
    Yea, good call with the junkyard. The problem is the metal piece covering the bushing. It has a bolt on 2 ends and one of the ends has cracked apart. Its only got one bolt attached now and it has some play when I push on it. I'm not sure if it has much effect on anything . If I could find it at an online shopt I bet it wouldnt cost much over $5 for a brand new one. I was thinking of replacing all the sway bar rubber one of these days anyway. It would be most convenient to put that part on order as well.

Thanks
    -nate-

My Cars
    E30
    Well, if you're gonna be down there, I say get some aftermarket sway-bars. They will add a very nice handling improvement. I personally say go with Suspension Techniques bars as they are the thickest. Anyway, check www.alloembmwparts.com for the part if you just wanna replace the broken shell & rubber. Peace.......

My Cars
    2012 X5 xDrive35d
    Unfortunately I cannot find the part anywhere. I'm hoping someone will know the part # . Its nowhere to be found in the sway bar areas. Let me know if you find it.

Thanks
    -nate-

My Cars
    89is,88is,91ic,91i
    This is from my ETK CD: (check your mfr date shown on the plate in the driver's side door jamb)

Rubber Mounting:
    Prior to 9/86 mfr date: 33 55 1 130 349 (14.5mm)
    After 9/86 mfr date: 33 55 1 131 290 (13.5 mm)

Stabilizer support bracket (the metal piece):
    33 55 1 129 195

Comment: the diagram for this bracket only shows one bolt, not two like you indicated.

Bavarian autosport will have them also. Their website is sometimes easier to browse as they will frequently list related parts to replace when you select an item like sway bars.

Hope this helps!

My Cars
    2012 X5 xDrive35d
    thats it. Thanks!!!