Thread: Long crank w/ hot weather - NOT HPFP

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i coupe and 2005 MINI Cooper S

Long crank w/ hot weather - NOT HPFP

Almost everytime the weather gets hot I get long cranks (3-5) seconds when the car has been sitting in the sun. It does not happen in the AM or when cold. Twice I have taken the car to the dealer they checked the car for HPFP failure (..interrgated fault fault memory..blah..blah) and could not find a problem.
    Does anyone else have intermittant long cranks with hot weather?

My Cars
    07 335i Coupe 6MT
    Nothing yet. Even all last summer it cranks up when I hit the button. I'm guessing a HPFP won't cause a code until it fails.

My Cars
    08 335i SpaceGrayCoupe/Prem/Sport/6MT/PDC/HtdSts
    I've had a couple issues with long cranks - and when it got started it would sorta sputter and the RPM's would jump up and down between 500 and 2500 without settling at a good idle. If I shut down and re-started, it tended to work-out. I suspected fuel pump issues, but when I brought it in they said it was a CPU that needed reset - they told me it was getting a lean fuel mixture. Oh...it did trigger a service engine light. After they reset things, it was good until just yesterday (only about a month since they reset), and yesterday and today it cranked for a while and was spitting irregularly. Second start...fine.

This issue with me, though, doesn't seem to be weather dependent at all.