PDA

View Full Version : Carsoft capabilities

vessy
04-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Hi all, before I go down the road of installing carsoft does anybody know if I will be able to change option settings, in particular i'm looking to switch on the option to flash the lights when unlocking the car and also reduce the light sensitivity of the auto headlamps function.

Car is 07 X3 so i'm presuming it has the OBD II port not the 20 pin connector, would I need a specific adapter cable or just a standard OBD II to USB cable that I use on for my Audi??

Completely new to BMW's so i'm clueless as to how these are interfaced, would rather buy the equipment than pay BMW £55 everytime I want something changed!!

Many thanks,
Mark.

David Mc
04-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Carsoft 6.5 shows that it can perform diagnostics on the E85 X3, but the special functions do not include programming the lights to flash or sensitivity of the auto headlights function. Special functions only include changing adaptation values (such as F to C values for temperature display and miles to kilometres and display language), diagnosing and resetting error codes, oil change and service intervals. If you want to perform the full range of dealer programmable options I think you would be better off using GT1 and SSS software (which is priced upwards from about US$2500 compared to Carsoft at around US$150).