PDA

View Full Version : Dynoed my car again...

Kevlar
03-10-2001, 05:15 PM
<a href="http://www.activeautowerke.com/dyno/">Dyno Chart</a>

Click on the chart for '97 M3 vs '98 M3 blah blah blah it's in the middle of the page.

I bolted my car to the dyno again... came back with 215 hp/215 torque on a mustang dyno (I'll get dynojet numbers as soon as I find a place to get a dynojet run without getting worked over moneywise).

The dyno chart is available at the link above.

PM3
03-10-2001, 06:38 PM
wow that's really good! Congrats! CYA>PM3

Don Stevens
03-11-2001, 08:47 AM
Hey Kevlar,

Any of that gain atrributable to Amsoil?

Don

Kevlar
03-11-2001, 01:00 PM
Yup... the life blood of my engine is 0W-30 which is almost due for a change again.

I don't know if it gave me any performance, but I know that it made the valve ticking on start up non-existant. That alone is worth the money spent. I know my engine is lubed as soon as possible.

S--K
03-12-2001, 04:33 PM
Nice dyno graphs.

Kevlar, can you adust the graphs so that it shows more
detail on the x axis? Showing smaller increments on the
power scale would give more precise comparisons along
the whole RPM range.

Are you going to install and ERT UDP pulley on your
car? I'd be curious to see what more the UDP would
give you. How about and AA ltw flywheel?

Lastly, in the Dynojet vs. MD FAQ it is stated that the Dynojet is inaccurate because:

"The resulting horsepower and torque will be higher than a true loading dyno because once the drum starts rolling not as much power is needed to keep it going. Example -- When pushing a car on a flat road, once the car starts moving not as much power (effort) is needed to keep it going. "

This doesn't make sense to me (unless I was going up a hill). Once my car is set in motion, my car is acting like the dynojet -- my momentum means it takes less power to accelerate my car.

To me it seems like the MD is simulating too much load for a flat surface. Does this make sense??

Kevlar
03-13-2001, 08:08 PM
I have numbers for the graph, I can throw them into excel if you want me to manipulate the graph some. What part do you want me to expand on... the rpm section? Do you want me to break it down into 100rpm increments?

No pulleys on my car. Underdriving things I need doesn't sound like a good idea, plus I've heard too many bad things about them. As for a lightweight flywheel... now that's a possibility. I have to find out what is involved in getting one installed.

As for the car on the flat surface thing... try it. I don't know how else to explain it. When my car is on a flat surface... it take me alot of energy to get it rolling. I often have to rock it back and forth to get it rolling forward. Once rolling, I find that I can keep it rolling with less effort... I'm not straining as much to keep it rolling... understand?