PDA

View Full Version : Nice Alpina pics to look at...

ChrisFL
03-10-2001, 03:35 PM
These are just some really fine looking rides i found on the net today. I love the attention to detail this company puts into their cars. Check out the unofficial Alpina homepage at
http://www.users.wineasy.se/aahl/ for some more pics/info on virually any Alpina model.

ChrisFL
03-10-2001, 03:38 PM
Some guy in Japan is the owner. I know the pics is dark, but I love that color green.
Too bad there are no pics of the interior, though

ChrisFL
03-10-2001, 03:39 PM
Another shot of the wagon from the front

Atticka
03-10-2001, 03:59 PM
whats so special about Alpina BMW?

I dont get it.....

ChrisFL
03-10-2001, 04:14 PM
I really don't want to go into the exact details of why I like their cars and love the company, but check out the link I gave you above for good backround info. They are one of the most well-respected Bimmer tuners in the world (BMW themselves remarked on the quality of Alpina's finished product equaling that of something off their own production line).
They're just a superb tuner. Back in the eighties(?) they produced a 6-series turbo (limited edition -- only 30) with a torque output equal to that of the current M5 (500Nm) and a 0-60 of 5.4 seconds. Plus, the D10 in the picture above is a diesel twin turbo that is not as fast as an M5, put can keep up respectivly (0-60 in 6.7 seconds) - not bad for a diesel motor. And I'm sure some of you have heard about the now famous B10Bi-Turbo based off the prev. gen 5-series and the outstanding performance it generates.
On a purely asthetic note, their interiors are some of the highest quality around. They just have a real passion for detail. Another thing, I like how subtle their cars appear on the outside - they're real sleepers.

Atticka
03-10-2001, 04:25 PM
cool....I wasnt familiar with Alpina.......

thanks for the info!

outkastaliens
03-11-2001, 12:35 AM
The only thing that i don't like are the rims. i think that they look like shit!!! Just my opinion

Black Majik
03-11-2001, 06:31 AM
ditto, alpina is a great tuning company, one of the best as a matter of fact, but their rims look like shit IMO. but some people love their rims. jus' all a matter of taste.

ChrisFL
03-11-2001, 07:34 PM
That's funny, Alpina's rims have always been some of my favorite 18"+ rims especially with a staggered setup:) To each their own though :)
I feel that they do look pretty bad in the 17 inch size (I'm pretty sure those are 17's on the 325) - 17 inches is just too small for the design of the rim and it looks real puny (sp?).