PDA

View Full Version : Turning on AC blows fuse immediatly - more

mkaehly
05-09-2003, 12:41 PM
I just purchased an 88 M3 - and whenever I push the a/c button the fuse blows - I can move the fan with my hand so I know it's not siezed???

Mechanics thinks that it is the a/c blower motor and to R&R with new blower motor assembly it's going to cost 400 bones.

Any other thoughts of what it could be?

Thanks in advance.

Kos-motate139
05-09-2003, 05:51 PM
Does the car have its original engine? Might want to be sure that all the ground straps are in place.

mkaehly
05-10-2003, 11:50 AM
I am only the second owner and to the best of my knowledge it is the original engine - is there a specific ground strap that I should check?

Bry
05-10-2003, 08:00 PM
The car has two ground straps that I am aware from. They are braided metal lines, and one should be connected on the front drivers side of the motor, down near the oil pan to the chassis. The other is up on the passenger side near the valve cover I believe? The A/C should have a ground strap on it, like a little brown wire I think, but I have no idea if the ground wires would be your problem. Have you tried posting in a few different places such as s14.net?

Good luck, let us know what you find out!

mkaehly
12-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Lol...this is from a decade ago almost.

For posterity....it was the ac switch....

Man I miss that car....

MauiM3Mania
12-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Lol...this is from a decade ago almost.

For posterity....it was the ac switch....

Man I miss that car....

Whoa! I saw the first message and wondered how this got bumped. Thanks for the follow up.

So... what are you driving now? The economy has sorta slowed the escalating price of the model.

mkaehly
12-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Whoa! I saw the first message and wondered how this got bumped. Thanks for the follow up.

So... what are you driving now? The economy has sorta slowed the escalating price of the model.

e39 m5 now. . .in fact I have two but one is about to be for sale :)