PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Cart night with the BMW club May 14th...

madsedan
05-02-2003, 10:19 AM
Due to the popularity and great turn out at our last cart event at Nascart in Olathe I'm trying to plan another BMW club cart race on the evening of Wednesday May 14th, this date works best for Nascart due to being no leagues on Wednesday. What I am wanting to do is what Nascart calls the "Grand Prix" race which would let us rent the place for an hour in one of 2 formats. Both options will have 3 man teams which would require each driver to pit after 20 laps and quickly change neck brace with the next driver. Each driver should get 20 laps and Nascart's timing equipment will keep up with each team's finishing spot so we could award 1st, 2nd, 3rd place team prizes. We can qualify for starting positions but it will take a little longer and Nascart's manager said we would probably run over our 1 hour block, they will charge us a pro-rated amount for however much we are over our rented hour. The 2 different formats involve track layout and the maximum number of 3 man teams that can run on the track for the race.
-Option 1 is the regular road course similar to what we drove on our last cart night. It cost $999 an hour to rent and can handle a maximum of 10 teams of 3 for the race. If we qualify drivers for starting positions we should plan to run over our hour a little so the cost may be a little higher. $999 separated among 30 drivers works out to about $33 a head.
-Option 2 is the big road course where they combine the regular road course with the oval track to make one super track, basically the whole place. It cost $1,776 an hour to rent and can handle a maximum of 15 teams of 3 for the race. If we qualify drivers for starting positions we should plan to run over our hour a little so the cost may be a little higher. $1,776 separated among 45 drivers works out to about $39 a head.
What is decided on format will be based on how many people RSVP that they will DEFINITELY be driving with us. We really need everyone that wants to drive to RSVP by Monday, May 5th either by reply to this e-mail or by direct e-mail to rwmosley@butlermfg.com which I get during weekdays. We are looking into the possibility of the lcub subsidizing $5-10 each of the cost to participate but will not know if or how much until we get closer to the event and have a solid head count of RSVP's, once we have a head count the reservation will be made the next day and another e-mail will be sent out with directions and a firm time probably around 6-7 P.M. Our last carting event was one of our best attended meets in a while and there was a great mix of old and new members having a blast racing each other. I would encourage everyone to come out to our Grand Prix and try your skills at the carts, most of the people will be current BMWCCA members but some of us will be bringing new people that are not yet members of the club just to show them what we are all about, its allot of fun.

madsedan
05-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Well here is my preliminary headcount of people for our driving event next Wednesday, if you are on the list and can't make it let me know, if you want to come but are not on the list let me know, thanks. BTW a crappy, homemade trophy will be given out to the driver with the fastest lap time.
-Tyler Kessler
-Brady Kessler
-Greg Green
-Adam? (friend of Greg Green)
-Ryan Stewart
-Brian Paddock
-Derrick
-Perry
-Barrett Phillips
-Brett Phillips
-Austin
-Kiamo (Don't remember your full name)
-Ned Smith
-David Stadtmueller and a friend
-Raymond Wilcox
-Mike VanAmburgh
-Ray Spitzer
-Christian Els
-Steve Shearer
-Bill Clark
-Conway
-Robert Mosley
I'm sure we'll have a couple more people show up and maybe 1 or 2 of you guys drop out so we might even be able to run 2 man teams, maybe more laps per person. If anyone has any preference on how to do teams I was thinking we could just draw names when we get there unless everyone just wants to pair up when we get there, whatever. We will have the track from 7-8 p.m. but everyone needs to be there no later than 6:30 to sign in and get organized. Depending on how many people actually show up will determine the cost but hopefully we'll have closer to 25-30 peeps to keep the cost in the low $30 range or less. There is a rather large non-refundable deposit so please show up and bring a friend/significant other if you want.