PDA

View Full Version : PASoft BMW Scanner

AwesomeIsLuke
03-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Hello,

I downloaded the demo version of BMW Scanner 1.4.0 to correct the IKE mileage and VIN. When I try to identify the car, it says it couldn't find the IKE and nothing happens. I know my interface works b/c I can use carsoft to read errors and reset them. I set the com to the correct port. Has anyone else had this problem, and can it be fixed?

David Mc
03-05-2008, 03:38 AM
Try this site for software downloads. Just click on the "Detail" and download the software. There are 2 versions of PA Soft, 1 of INPA EDIABAS and 1 containing Carsoft 6.1 SP4 and 6.5 http://www.ecutool.com/myclass.asp?sortsid=547&m=0&classid=94

AwesomeIsLuke
03-05-2008, 06:22 AM
INPA, EDIABAS, and Carsoft have nothing to do with PA Soft. PA Soft is an independant software developer who made the BMW Scanner programs. These are different in that they can reprogram IKE and LCM system modules like odometer and VIN settings. I already have both INPA/EDIABAS and Carsoft 6.5 SP1

AwesomeIsLuke
03-05-2008, 06:28 AM
I have a question that may seem pretty dumb.

If I bought the Carsoft interface, does that mean that only carsoft will be able to communicate with the car, and I'd have to buy a seperate PASoft interface?

AwesomeIsLuke
03-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Okay, so somehow I got it to recognize the car, but it won't let me do anything because all I have is the demo. Does anyone have any "alternative" ;) ways of getting it?

David Mc
03-08-2008, 05:45 AM
I already sent you the link, I know there are differences between Carsoft, INPA etc., but like I said, there are 2 downloads of PA Soft software.

PottyScum
04-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Does the Carsoft interface work with INPA software? I need to reset my rain sensitive wipers..........

nightkrawler
04-13-2008, 07:18 PM
dont waste your time, i have full version of pasoft 1.4.0 and it will not work with k/l line interface. you need a special interface which is only sold with the software.

MilosBMW
04-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Nightkrawler,i have pa soft bmw scann 136,and i`m sure that it will work with pa soft 140.How could I get this soft from you.Would you upload it?

nightkrawler
04-16-2008, 06:40 PM
you dont understand, it dosent use the old pasoft interface. 1.4.0 uses a specific usb ftdi interface.

MilosBMW
04-17-2008, 06:31 AM
you dont understand, it dosent use the old pasoft interface. 1.4.0 uses a specific usb ftdi interface.
I do understand,I think it could be possible to upgrade bmw scann 136 to 140 .I need full software.PM me.Thanks

nightkrawler
04-17-2008, 06:45 AM
no, you dont understand. 1.4.0 will not even install unless it see's the ftdi drivers for their interface. it will not run unless it see the interface is present also. this is a new interface sold with 1.4.0 only, no other interface will work.

MilosBMW
04-17-2008, 11:44 AM
no, you dont understand. 1.4.0 will not even install unless it see's the ftdi drivers for their interface. it will not run unless it see the interface is present also. this is a new interface sold with 1.4.0 only, no other interface will work.
Yes,I understand what are you talking to me ,but,believe or not, here,in Eastern Europe, we are able to clone(home made) all possible diagnostic hardware on the market.OK,you don`t want to share your software,It really doesn`t matter!

nightkrawler
04-17-2008, 06:45 PM
hey man, if you want to try i will send it to you.. i just think it may be a waste of time.

maxteo
04-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi, I download "BMW Scanner v1.4.0 DEMO" it work's with my USB cabel, but it is demo(only show errors - don't cleaned) and lookig for full version, If someone have it ... or know where i can find it. my e-mail is max_teo@abv.bg. all information is good for me!:)

nightkrawler
04-20-2008, 09:41 AM
only demo works with k/l line interface, full version does not.

bmwm5
04-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi

I have the cables but can't find the software after an reinstalation of XP. Could anyone please send med de full version of BMW Scanner 1.4.0?

Greetings..

petere39
05-06-2008, 05:45 AM
I own a AGV4000 USB to OBD interface. This uses a ftdi chip and can be switched into K/L mode. Than it connects to my car using PA soft 1.4 demo.
Like many I would like to give it a go with the full version of PA soft.
Anyone who wants to share or post a link to full version ?
AGV4000 is a rather cheap interface. If this works it comes available to all board members.

classik
05-23-2008, 02:20 PM
dont waste your time, i have full version of pasoft 1.4.0 and it will not work with k/l line interface. you need a special interface which is only sold with the software.

if it possible send by e-mail full version classik3@gmail.com
i can send scheme of k-line adapter.

jagzzy
05-28-2008, 02:58 PM
BMW Scanner 140 is a dongle version like 136...but there is a catch...it doesnt use com port or virtual com port over usb adapter....it has its own usb driver for 140...something like VAG COM 704 usb or similar..it is based on FTDI chips....after you pluged in your BMW Scanner 140... XP will send message "new hardware found"........so ...if you have old original interface 136...on their oficial website you can upgrade your device ..not to update..but to upgrade...that means you have to pay at least 400e to get another different device...

xdream
06-14-2008, 02:41 PM
scanners do wonders for cars

AwesomeIsLuke
06-15-2008, 01:01 PM
scanners do wonders for cars

http://sf.startupweekend.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/o_rly.jpg

simplextibi
07-05-2008, 02:30 PM
hey man, if you want to try i will send it to you.. i just think it may be a waste of time.

hey bro i have a interface made could you send me the full version of the P.A. soft if it works i'll post the schematic and the hex for the pic

thanks

ProStreetDriver
07-07-2008, 02:02 AM
http://bmw-scanner.pasoft.com.ru/?page=bmw-scanner_v140〈=eng (http://bmw-scanner.pasoft.com.ru/?page=bmw-scanner_v140&lang=eng)

DublinDilbert
07-12-2008, 10:30 AM
hey bro i have a interface made could you send me the full version of the P.A. soft if it works i'll post the schematic and the hex for the pic

thanks

I'm interested in getting the PA-soft dongle hex file as i want to make up my own PA soft interface.... even a dump of what communication there is between the PC and the PIC would be great.

I have the official PA-Soft interface schematic, if you needed it.

EuroFreak
07-14-2008, 09:17 PM
I've emailed PA soft to try to confirm this but as of now, no response. Do you guys know for certain if the interfaces on eBay with the PA Soft 1.3.6 software can reprogram the mileage of a USED LCM? (I'd post a link but still have newbie restrictions... its item number 320272726065). Considering the price of that interface, I could potentially save $300 by using a used LCM instead of having to get a new one. Thanks!

Mad Dog 20/20
07-16-2008, 02:49 PM
I have 1.3.6, but whenever I try to use it, I get a "hardware not ready" error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

kil4
07-20-2008, 09:26 AM

Hi man can you send me BMW Scanner v1.4 to kilax@interia.pl.
Thx you :)

nightkrawler
07-20-2008, 09:43 AM
sorry guys, i dont have it anymore. i deleted it and lost the download link.

kil4
07-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Sad face
Someone have this program ??

I spend on google 4h an nothing only demo. Plz Help !!!

ganesht
03-13-2009, 07:27 AM

Malek
04-05-2009, 07:06 AM
http://bmw-scanner.com/download/v140/bmwscan_140.zip Full instalation of 1.4.0. Without interface its not working.

radioactiveman
04-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Does anyone have a link to buy a WORKING interface?

fjaeran
05-13-2009, 06:45 PM
I have 1.3.6, but whenever I try to use it, I get a "hardware not ready" error.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Have you turned the ignition on ?

ganesht
05-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Have you turned the ignition on ?

he posted that last year, i hope he got it working by now =P

bosanci28
05-31-2009, 03:15 PM
hi,,
i have purchase bmw scanner 1.3.6 interface this from

ebay
and it did not come with a rs232 cable,,so i had to go thru 5 different cables,, and it did not work!,, i sent a email to the ebay seller and they said that i need db9 m-f 1:1, rs232 cable,,
so it come yesterday,,and still having the same problem,, i cant connect from the pc to car,,i have try both obd2 and under the hood,20 pin,, i have check the setting "com1" and is okay,,
if someone has this working ,how it made it to work,,i alraidy spent some time over 2 weeks,,with this ,,
im trying to reset the airbag light,, and i have purchase this to have it ,,because im not planning to sell my 2001 bmw 740i v8 anytime soon,,

anyone knows if this is okay?
elmscan-5-usb
for bmw to reset the airbag light?

thanks

let me know,,

MarioIvanov
01-18-2010, 06:49 AM
I'm interested in getting the PA-soft dongle hex file as i want to make up my own PA soft interface.... even a dump of what communication there is between the PC and the PIC would be great.

I have the official PA-Soft interface schematic, if you needed it.

I want to make up my own PA soft interface, too.
I'll be very thankful if you send me the materials that you have (interface schematic, etc.).
Thank you. My e-mail address is mario@tu-sofia.bg .

bruno504
01-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Pasoft 1.3.5 gives me errors in decimal or hexadecimal like this IKE: error 191 (00BF)?!
how Can I decript this code? any code table for bmw 320d '98? can please post it here?

Zekerbox
01-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Pasoft 1.3.5 gives me errors in decimal or hexadecimal like this IKE: error 191 (00BF)?!
how Can I decript this code? any code table for bmw 320d '98? can please post it here?

Same deal here. guess that's what we get for buying a china made knockoff. DOH! :eyecrazy

bruno504
01-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Same deal here. guess that's what we get for buying a china made knockoff. DOH! :eyecrazy

hi,
What's in your instrument cluster (dashboard) that does not current correctly work?
In my bmw320d dash is the fuel gauge calculation that's causing this error. I think it's OBC program fault (hex) that is increasing fuel instead of lower each 100km! MAybe because I've tried to change language from German to English, don't know for sure what else I did!!! Or activating door auto-lock or drive door open by remote!

I made my own cables of carsoft6.5 and pasoft1.3.5. (copied from chinese ones) both correctly works on reading infos/errors from the car.
I think only carsoft made this error, when by changing some adresses in program memory when trying to activate some othe functions I've tried.

Zekerbox
01-26-2010, 09:47 AM
I just wondered if anyone else has figured out a way to use this software with it cryptic hex code!

toneX5
06-05-2010, 10:56 AM
only demo works with k/l line interface, full version does not.

reading through your thread it looks like you are quite knowledgable in the pa software. In your experience do you know if the program lets you access RDC monitoring, allows you to access the alarm system, ie audible and optical on disarming and arming of the vehicle.
I can get a version from China or would you recommend PA direct?

fourcylfox
07-28-2010, 01:03 PM
I ordered the cables with carsoft 6.5 but can these cables also be used with PASoft?

The PASoft 1.3.6 download is available at:

http://www.sinodownloads.com/down/download/ecutool/350503.rar

I found this link by following a link that was dead but posted in one of the firsts posts. after some poking around I found the directory structure and found this pdf.

http://www.sinodownloads.com/down/download/PDF/351808-ECUTOOL%20SOFTWARE%20LIST.pdf

which lists all of the software available and what the numbers are so you can download it.

Once my cables get here I will try it out.

TerraPhantm
07-28-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure about the carsoft cables, but I can't get any version from 1.2.3 to 1.3.6 to work w/ the chinese INPA/EDIABAS cable.

Marcel D
07-28-2010, 05:07 PM
I bought last year an BMW scanner 1.36 cable to correct the VN number and milage. It did the job perfectly. But only because it has the old programmable chip in the IKE. Clusters from 99 on do have a write once chip (sure for E39). You cannot change this anymore. I am not using this interface anymore, because I changed to INPA / DIS.

As was told to me, BMW scanner wil never work with Carsoft cable or vice versa. It is another chipset.

croat
08-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Can BMW Scanner 1.40 correct mileage on E39s? Mine is build date 11/98

ganesht
08-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Can BMW Scanner 1.40 correct mileage on E39s? Mine is build date 11/98

prob not

ramunas
10-10-2010, 01:50 PM
hi there
I got the scanner, demo P.A.Soft BMW Scanner v.1.4.0 works brilliantly.. i know that my cable is not suitable for full version.. so i tried P.A.Soft BMW Scanner v.1.3.6, but it says "Hardware is not ready"
And one more thing, i have carsoft v6.5 and it works only on LIVE DATA READ, but when i'm trying to scan for errors, software shows an error and quits.
Any suggestion where could be a problem ?
Thanks a lot

scottjoh
10-11-2010, 02:52 PM
hi there
I got the scanner, demo P.A.Soft BMW Scanner v.1.4.0 works brilliantly.. i know that my cable is not suitable for full version.. so i tried P.A.Soft BMW Scanner v.1.3.6, but it says "Hardware is not ready"

I got that working over a year ago and created a web page about it. http://www.bmwgm5.com/PA_Soft_Intf.htm
The PA Soft 1.4 Demo interface will not work with PA Soft 1.3.6, so I changed my interface back.

DenisMcG
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I've been messing around with PASoft for almost a year. I finally got it to work this morning, with a serial-usb cable even. I changed my settings in device manager to 600 baud, flow control to "Hardware", and deselected FIF0 in advanced settings. I don't know if it will work for you, but it did for me.

scottjoh
10-11-2010, 04:22 PM
I've been messing around with PASoft for almost a year. I finally got it to work this morning, with a serial-usb cable even. I changed my settings in device manager to 600 baud, flow control to "Hardware", and deselected FIF0 in advanced settings. I don't know if it will work for you, but it did for me.

What are you talking about? Getting the Pa Soft 1.3.6 interface to work with PA Soft 1.3.6 software? That's no big deal. Just use a sufficently old computer. Or what I'm talking about which is getting the modified PA Soft 1.4.0 Demo interface working with PA Soft 1.3.6 software.

The serial port baud rate setting in the control panel don't matter since the PA Soft software will override the baud rate settings.

DenisMcG
10-11-2010, 06:04 PM
What are you talking about? Getting the Pa Soft 1.3.6 interface to work with PA Soft 1.3.6 software? That's no big deal. Just use a sufficently old computer. Or what I'm talking about which is getting the modified PA Soft 1.4.0 Demo interface working with PA Soft 1.3.6 software.

The serial port baud rate setting in the control panel don't matter since the PA Soft software will override the baud rate settings.

The vast majority of people have been unable to get any version of PASoft to work. I was merely letting people know that I managed to get mine working and what I did.

This may not be a big deal to you, but the purpose of these forums is to help people, not to be condescending.

ohnotagain
03-10-2011, 12:35 PM
maybe I am a bit thick, but all this trying to use 1.3.6 hardware (black box + connectors) with any 1.4? software seems a bit unlikely to work.

I have just got the 1.3.6 hardware and 1.3.6 software and trying to get it up and running under XP (my old laptop). As I dont have a RS232 port on my old laptop I am using a USB -> RS232 adaptor. After reading the threads (what a convoluted web!) not sure if it is a red herring that a hard wired RS232 port is needed, as I can configure my built in emulator "Prolific USB-Serial Com port" to recognise that the "BMWscanner blackbox" is a indeed a serial device when I connect it to my USB socket using the cable adaptor. Also this port (Com 9 for my laptop setup) appears in the drop down list in the Bmwscanner1.3.6 Application "Settings". So looks like the port is recognised by the 1.3.6Application ok ...

The problem is when I plug in the 20pin socket to the car ... the blackbox now has power, to get the k-line connection I needed to tell my computer what it is that I am connecting to. Obviously "BMWscanner1.3.6" is not a standard item recognised by the hardware setup wizard, so when i use the setup wizard, the only thing it could recommend was a "Serial to Infra red adaptor" .. not ideal but the only thing it could find .... so I installed with this, and I got the k-line recognition (green light on), but as expected the BMWscanner 1.3.6 application when hitting the "Find units" button gave error "Can not port init"

So, I guess the people who got this far and it worked were lucky and had either a more suitable (compatible) default hardware option to install from , or had AN ACTUAL DRIVER FOR THE BLACK BOX

So my question is, if you have been successful what Driver did you use for the hardware setup if using a USB adaptor? The CD I got with my kit, had the 1.3.6 application but NO driver? .... I'm not a techy, but maybe a driver is not needed for a hardwired laptop COM ports, but only for kit connected by a USB adaptor?

Any clarificartion would be much appreciated ....

Marcel D
03-10-2011, 04:53 PM
I have used this interface also. First time I did not succeed to ge a connection. After opening the interface, I pushed the chips a bit on the board and also verified the solder. After this, I had connection and it worked perfectly.
A lot of interfaces have bad solders. I suggest to have a look in the interface itself. You do not need any driver for this. The only thing what you need is a good USB to R232 cable. For this you need a driver and set the correct port settings. Your failure is related to the R232 port, not the interface itself. Please try these settings.
Baud: 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow Control: None

If you do not success, I can send a default USB to R232 driver what I was using. The original delivered driver did not work for me, this one did. If you drop me an email address, I can mail the driver to you.

Good luck

crazeetowntatto
04-01-2011, 07:06 PM
So you are saying these ebay scanners work? I have an 01 528i that I want to check and clear the codes on and auto zone is a bunch of crap

dsblk93gt
04-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Do the complete 1.4 setups work?? Someone on another forum said yes.

doug backstein
07-16-2011, 08:40 AM
I have used this interface also. First time I did not succeed to ge a connection. After opening the interface, I pushed the chips a bit on the board and also verified the solder. After this, I had connection and it worked perfectly.
A lot of interfaces have bad solders. I suggest to have a look in the interface itself. You do not need any driver for this. The only thing what you need is a good USB to R232 cable. For this you need a driver and set the correct port settings. Your failure is related to the R232 port, not the interface itself. Please try these settings.
Baud: 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow Control: None

If you do not success, I can send a default USB to R232 driver what I was using. The original delivered driver did not work for me, this one did. If you drop me an email address, I can mail the driver to you.

Good luck I have a pasoft 136 you said you made yours work i need help with mine can you help me call me please thanks doug 217 836 3640

doug backstein
09-16-2011, 07:16 PM
have you made the pa soft 136 work i have one from ebay i could use your help please sel 217 836 3640 or doug.backstein@gmail.com thank you.

jdjg
09-27-2011, 01:31 PM
hi there, I recently bought the P.A. Soft BMW Scanner V1.4 and I run great!!!!!!

no need any .ini files or modify nothing, just connect the P.A. Soft BMW Scanner V1.40 usb device interface in to my laptop and in to my OBDII port in my car (e39) and they ask me to install a new hardware, and I browse the drivers for this device in my local BMW Scanner software folder, in my case is here c:\BMWScan140\Drivers and thatīs it!!!!!

enjoy.....

I already re write the odometer and activate and deactivate some features in my car...

jdjg
09-28-2011, 07:52 AM
I think you should redownload the software in any other website

I download the software from the official P.A. Soft BMW Scanner website

Vipsa
09-29-2011, 04:39 PM
I download the software from the official P.A. Soft BMW Scanner website

What cables did you buy? I bought the PASoft 1.36 from Chinese ebayer and couldn't get them working over a serial port.

Fallen Angel
10-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Hello

,could you be so kind and perhaps send the full software version of bmw scan 1.4 to me

BR

fallen Angel

sebbe76@msn.com

purplecty
05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Will PA Soft work with gerts interface???? Trying to code a used cluster with 100% pixels to my 98 e38...

Thuppu
05-16-2012, 02:38 AM
PA soft works with PA soft interface. And if you buy a china version from ebay, use only the cracked software comming with the package. If you have installed the real version before, re-install your Windows. Other wise you might get your china interface burned.

cottec
07-02-2020, 03:58 PM
quick revive :)

would anyone mind sending me a downloadlink for the scanner version 1.3.6 full version, need to help out a friend with his e46

cheers!