PDA

View Full Version : Euro plate on a 645ci with PDC

bmwman1845
12-31-2007, 07:10 PM
I was wondering if it is possible to mount a european plate on the front of a 2005 645ci with park distance control without it setting off the sensors. I have tried mounting the cheap black plastic frame to the US-spec bracket, and I have also tried mounting the frame and plate directly to the bumper. Both set off the PDC. I'm assuming that the actual OEM european bracket that curves to fit the bumper perfectly, but I can't find them. I'm open to any suggestions, and I appreciate everything. Thanks again.

cosmos515
01-01-2008, 12:46 PM
It does work and should look just like this. You will need a the Euro bracket or do what they do in Europe and just use tape.:stickoutt

S4NoMore
01-23-2008, 05:05 PM
my M6 had holes drilled which is why i went for the euro plate. got a nice black frame and tried my best to curve it as much as possible. it looks great and usually doesn't set off the PDC (sometimes it does though, working on a way to curve the frame more). i'm a noob or else i'd post a pic (this is so stupid it's beyond my comprehension why they have these restrictions. i've been on more forums than i can count and haven't come across this BS yet)