PDA

View Full Version : S50B32 swap

Dreamer99
11-26-2007, 04:58 PM
I noticed I have a leftover wire and cable from my swap. Should these be going somewhere?

SG_M3
11-26-2007, 11:24 PM
looks like the ASC plug and cable.

DRFTM3
04-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey guys,

Im new in this forum.. Just signed up today.. Im hoping I could meet great ppl and learn alot about bimmer's. I recently bought a 95 M3 and a s50b32 euro(321hp) engine. I am trying to figure out what are the things Im going to need to make this swap possible and if I could still use my OBD1 stock computer. If you guys could help me out, it would be HIGHLY appreciated. Thanks, Tony

JamesM3M5
04-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey guys,

Im new in this forum.. Just signed up today.. Im hoping I could meet great ppl and learn alot about bimmer's. I recently bought a 95 M3 and a s50b32 euro(321hp) engine. I am trying to figure out what are the things Im going to need to make this swap possible and if I could still use my OBD1 stock computer. If you guys could help me out, it would be HIGHLY appreciated. Thanks, Tony
Welcome, Tony.

First you can start your own thread. No restrictions on that here. Second, there are some good links on the Euro swap, but the one I used the most was at http://www.racepad.com. They detailed a Euro 3.0L swap with right-hand-drive harness converted to LHD, but nearly everything applies. You should also use http://www.realoem.com for an online version of BMW parts catalog, or better yet, get on eBay and buy an ETK, the real version you install on your own PC. Works much better than Real OEM's online catalog.

Otherwise it's mostly a direct drop-in. Took me a weekend here at my shop and an EWS realign to get running. Been going strong for 35,000 miles / 2.7 years now.

JamesM3M5
04-30-2008, 09:50 AM
I noticed I have a leftover wire and cable from my swap. Should these be going somewhere?
Those are traction control for the single-throttle S50/S52. Get rid of the module.motor, the cable, and tuck those wires away. You'll never need them again.

DRFTM3
04-30-2008, 10:47 AM
I quess what Im trying to find out is there any obvious issues I will run into going from a US 95 M3 3.0L to a s50b32 euro spec engine. Can anyone explain to me what is a EWS?? Could my orginal OBD1 ecu work with the s50b32? Any extra wiring I need?? I quess Im a real dum ass when it comes to BMW. To me there a much more complex car in comparisons to a japanese car. Im so use to Hondas, DSM's and my last real project was a 690 whp 03 evo 8 that I had for 4 yrs. Guys, I really dont wanna screw this up... Much of this work is going to be done in my garage, by myself. I need a dummy manual for this project. We all know, especially me finding out now... There is nothing cheap for bimmer's. So doing it right is a must!! I need the best MINDS on this forum to PLEASE help.... I hear that is forum is the top of its bimmer class....

gobuffs
04-30-2008, 11:21 AM
EWS = coded driveaway protection (i.e. there is a computer chip in the key that allows the car to start). What month production is the 95? If it is after 1/95 then it already has the EWS parts and should be fairly easy to get the EWS working...if not it will take a bit more work.

You MUST get the motor (duh), wiring harness for that motor, ECU (your 95 M3 ECU will NOT work), EWS parts (at least the big yellow box), and a key at minimum from whoever you buy the motor from (I suggest Alex at ABLoriginalparts.com).

You might need to do some wiring work...best bet is to read the racepad website. It is where probably every one of us started the research on the swap. We will answer your questions, but we will not spoon feed you...there is a wealth of info out there on the swap (mostly related to US motors, but the majority of the info is the same). There is some good info in this thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=45442

Good luck.