PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: JTD Transmission mount reinformcement rings

Chester
03-08-2001, 11:15 AM
Please see the <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=566752734&r=0&t=0">E-bay auction</a>. IMO, it's an easy, inexpensive, worthwhile upgrade.

Chester

m /// magic
03-08-2001, 07:29 PM
In your opinion, are these better than the uuc tranny mount enforcers with the 320i bushings ???

Thanks,
Michael S...

Chester
03-08-2001, 09:23 PM
The original 320i mount + UUC enforcers were taller than the stock bushing. This may not mean a lot to you...afterall, what's a few fractions of an inch. They have since manufactured their own bushing (so it's not a 320i mount) and reduced the bolt size so that you don't have to drill out your stock tranny brace.

Do they both accomplish the same task? Most likely. I think their kit goes for about $80 or so. The JTD rings are going for $55 + shipping.

Which ones are easier to install? Without a doubt, the JTD ones. If you sell your car, which is easier to return back to stock (or prior to going in for service if your dealer is the type to give you a hard time)? Definitely JTD.

Also, for $50, the rings will not depreciate much and you can recover the cost rather easily.

FWIW,
Chester