PDA

View Full Version : STL - Road Racing at Gateway this Weekend!

PeteK
03-28-2003, 10:03 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to let ya know that there is an SCCA road race all weekend out at Gateway! :D

I'll be there, but not driving since the car isn't done:(

I will be crewing for the PFM Racing ITC Fiat 124 and ITA RX-7.

Admission is free, so look for my car in the paddock and stop by if you'll be there!

Racing starts today (Friday) and will be going on until Sunday around 5:00...

Patrick33
03-28-2003, 03:50 PM
do you have to be a member?

PeteK
03-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Not to watch, but if you want to meet me outside the track somewhere I can get you into the paddock!

I'm heading out there now, but will be checking in here from time to time over the weekend!

Patrick33
03-28-2003, 04:20 PM
what about a helmet?

Patrick33
03-28-2003, 04:22 PM
Its kinda rainy now, how much does it cost to join? also, is it autoxing? or drag? or just a track set up to run through?

PeteK
03-28-2003, 04:26 PM
Oh, well it's a little late to sign up to race. I was just throwing this out to see if anyone just wanted to come spectate.

Sorry about the confusion.

To run in one of these your car needs to be preped to a certain degree including a roll cage, safety harness, race seat and yes, st least a Snell rated SA95+ helmet is required! :)

If you're still interested in watching, just let me know!

PeteK
03-29-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Patrick33
Its kinda rainy now, how much does it cost to join? also, is it autoxing? or drag? or just a track set up to run through?

It's the infield at Gateway!

I just got back from freezing my ass off :) I forgot that it was a driver's school this weekend and there were a lot of new guys spinning out! Nobody stuffed their cars (thankfully), but the rain didn't help during the last session when they went full course green!

I'm leaving bright and early tomorrow to head out there. The first run group starts at 8:00!:eek:

Saturday night is always a big party! Plenty of free beer!:cool:

Oh, I saw a car that I've never seen out there before. It's a Blue and green E36 325 that's fully preped for ITS! Sweet car! I wish I had a digital camera to grab some pics... but I'll try to borrow one!