PDA

View Full Version : S50B32 Swap Firewall problems

Dreamer99
11-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Hey guys, I am curious if anyone has had this problem after their engine swap. Fuse 31 started blowing randomly on my car. I could not figure it out so I took it into the dealer and after two days of searching they discovered it was my engine rubbing against the heater control wires against my firewall. Eventually the wires (yellow) wore through and were grounding out. See the picture below. I have left it unplugged until I can fix them.

They also noticed that the intake is sitting on those two round valves on the firewall. See the second picture just behind the dip stick.

I am going to have to pull the intake off and move these these things out of the way. Did the euro car have a different firewall or did my swap mechanic make another mistake by not adjusting their location.

Shock(/\)ave
11-01-2007, 03:24 PM
What car was your motor pulled from? Would a picture of the same area of my car help despite our different engines? I can take one for you after work if you'd like.

Dreamer99
11-01-2007, 03:55 PM
What car was your motor pulled from? Would a picture of the same area of my car help despite our different engines? I can take one for you after work if you'd like.

My engine came from a 1998 Z3M Roadster. Posting a pic would be great.
Thanks

jvit27
11-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Did they relocate your heater core valve? The plenum is too big for where the valve is mounted on US cars (against the firewall).

If you look about 7/8 the way down the page, you'll see it.
http://www.racepad.com/proj/racepad_m3/euro_motor_project/euro_motor_project.htm

The proper way to do it is buy the hard lines to locate the valve near the shock tower, but ill save you a trip to your parts counter: those two tubes cost almost $180!

My plenum is off right now so ill go snap some pics for you.

JamesM3M5
11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I just unhooked the heater valve off the bracket on the firewall and let it hang. It's been like that for 2.3 years so far, no problems at all.

liquidtension
11-02-2007, 09:52 AM
http://www.racepad.com/proj/racepad_m3/euro_motor_project/euro_motor_project.htm

My god! :eek:
That's got to be one for the "write-ups hall of fame"! wow am I'm glad i clicked on the link! I wish i'd seen it earlier though, would have saved me alot of adventures into the unknown! That link should be a sticky in this forum!