PDA

View Full Version : Scanner for Z4?????

sbmoto
10-30-2007, 07:35 PM
I was told the Peake Scanner was the way to go for engine fault codes.According to their website,their scanner is not compatible with the Z4 roadster.Any suggestions or scanner you guys currently use.Anyplace I can get a fault code manual?

alken
10-31-2007, 06:29 PM
sbmoto - We are expecting the release of the next generation Peake Tool very soon. It will read your car's system.

I have created a mailing list to inform people when we'll have these available. We carry Peake readers at prices below MSRP and offer free shipping.

If you'd like to be on our list, please email me - ken@bimmertools.com. Mention "03+ Peake Tool" in the subject so I can tag the message.

To see our full selection, please go to www.bmwscantools.com.

Ken

sbmoto
11-01-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm very interested in the scanner,how long until they are available? Thanks for the code list-It took about 10 minutes to print-but it will be good to have a hard copy in the garage.I'll email for the scanner-would like to order asap

alken
11-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Should be by the end of the year. Email me and I'll get you on the list.

Thanks!

Ken

alken
11-08-2007, 02:17 PM
I feel I need to make a clarification to the above post - we have no specific information regarding this tool's release date. We are simply anticipating demand and wanted to offer a simple way for you to stay informed.

It's also important to note that the current tools are still available, and cover a very large model year range. If your car is compatible with these tools, there is no need to wait for the new tool. We, and all current Peake dealers, have them in stock and ready to ship.

Finally, in the interest of fairness, the new tools will be available from all of Peake's retail dealers, as well as their website, simultaneously. Bimmertools will not have any advanced notice or early inventory. Our notification list is just that - notification.

I apologize if this (or any of my posts on this topic) have been misleading in any way.

Thanks for reading this.

Ken

sbmoto
11-08-2007, 07:53 PM
But the present tools are not compatible with my 2003 Z4 -correct?

alken
11-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Correct. It had come to my attention that my notification mailing list was misleading to some folks regarding my knowledge of a release date - I just needed to be clear about it to make sure everyone was on the same page.