PDA

View Full Version : SRS Help!

Autofinesse
09-18-2007, 01:35 AM
Hey guys, i recently swapped out my seats over the weekend and on my way home tonight i wondered if my airbag light was at all effected. So when i got home i noticed that the airbag light's don't light up. Don't know if its a burned out bulb, or previous owner unplugged it.

Anyways, i read the codes and this is what shows up.

-Seat belt buckle switch, driver/passenger
-Seat occupancy detector, passenger

Now the thing is i dunno if that light was on before or after i swapped my seats out, but my main concern is if thats the code i'm getting does that mean the airbag WON'T deploy if i have a passenger in the car?

If anyone can help me out i'd greatly appreciate it.
This is for an E36 by the way.

Thanks

RNeil
09-30-2007, 08:32 PM
I have the same problem. Did you ever resolve it?

eleet
09-30-2007, 09:44 PM
The Peake SRS tool will fix this in a snap.

It's very easy and there's nothing to learn to get going with it.

RNeil
10-01-2007, 12:48 PM
I recently got the Peake SRS tool. It indicated a problem with low voltage, passenger seat belt switch, and the passenger occupancy sensor. I reset it and the low voltage fault went away. The others did not and the light is still on.

markesq
10-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I have replaced my drivers side seat belt 3 times. After a year I start getting the code. If there is no fix, I guess I will invest in the Peake tool.

RNeil
10-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Apparently the occupancy detector works on capacitance. Mine was connected, but was not attached to it's bracket. I just snapped it in place and cleared the codes. No more SRS light!