PDA

View Full Version : rawr

jvit27
09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
I know it's a teaser, but it finally lives :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNCQvfLifPY

BSH
09-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Right on, dude! Have you taken it for a spin yet?

Sounds like an Eisenmann. :stickoutt

gobuffs
09-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Ok...inquiring minds want to know...what was it?

Dreamer99
09-11-2007, 12:15 AM
I like the look (and sound) of that exhaust!

jvit27
09-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Right on, dude! Have you taken it for a spin yet?

Sounds like an Eisenmann. :stickoutt

Not yet - still need to bleed brakes and button up some other stuff. I'm traveling all week so next week when I get home it will make it's maiden voyage :D

It actually sounded alot like a stock at first E46 M3 :blackeye but now that i've started the car a few times it's getting louder - it has a REALLY nice hum to it outside the car. Now I see what you meant a long time ago when you told me when the Euro idles your brothers car was inaudible! It even has a little chainsaw rasp ~4k rpm which I am quite a fan of.

Ok...inquiring minds want to know...what was it?

LOL. Dude. The f'ing fuse for the EWS was blown :confused:rofl:

Oh yea and I had the fuel feed/return lines reversed hahaha :withstupi

gobuffs
09-11-2007, 01:33 PM
LOL. Dude. The f'ing fuse for the EWS was blown :confused:rofl:

Oh yea and I had the fuel feed/return lines reversed hahaha :withstupi

LOL :banghead:

PenguinScotty
09-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Can't wait for some driving footage as well. Car looks great Vit!

I love the bark at low RPMs from the engine. Sounds mean even with stock exhaust. :shifty

Anyway, good trip and can't wait for the vid!

Cheers :D

GazM3
09-12-2007, 07:42 AM
nice work. is the engine stock

maq
09-13-2007, 04:04 AM
Congrats man! Can't wait to see the finished car.

jvit27
09-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Congrats man! Can't wait to see the finished car.

Thanks Quentin!

nice work. is the engine stock

Nope.

Eurosport carbon fiber cold air intake
ceramic coated intake plenum
ceramic coated headers
S54 crank pulley
fan delete
secondary emissions pump delete
GrpN ECU
GrpN Cams
GrpA Exhaust System
E34 M5 clutch
LTW flywheel
Motorsport pressure plate

Bottom end also has all heavy duty hardware (built as a race motor)

M Dizzle
09-13-2007, 01:36 PM
i guess pigs are gonna be flying soon...:stickoutt

wow jon, its finally running.

got pics of the engine bay?...i wanna see your intake setup. :buttrock

Thewiseguy
09-13-2007, 02:19 PM
congrats jon. I didnt even think to check the fuse. I second the engine bay pics.

maq
09-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Jon, does the Eurosport intake for S50B32 have the MAF sensor? And how does the GrpN ECU cope with (or without) it?

jvit27
09-14-2007, 01:41 AM
Jon, does the Eurosport intake for S50B32 have the MAF sensor? And how does the GrpN ECU cope with (or without) it?

It's just the CAI setup for a US car with Euro HFM, so the MAF stays just as it would on your car. Kinda fits like crap if you ask me, but no one makes a good euro intake.

I've heard the Euro ECU's have a sweet AlphaN map already built in from the factory but can't confirm it..

liquidtension
09-14-2007, 03:57 AM
its been tried and tested, euro m3 without the MAF almost runs better than with the MAF, except for a pig rich idle. but you wouldnt notice.. so indeed the built-in alpha-n map kicks ass

NickG
09-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks Quentin!

Nope.

Eurosport carbon fiber cold air intake
ceramic coated intake plenum
ceramic coated headers
S54 crank pulley
fan delete
secondary emissions pump delete
GrpN ECU
GrpN Cams
GrpA Exhaust System
E34 M5 clutch
LTW flywheel
Motorsport pressure plate

Bottom end also has all heavy duty hardware (built as a race motor)

I'd like to add that contrary to what Jon thought, his ECU did need to have the EWS system resynchronized for the car to start. I don't know if that means that the GrpN ECU still has EWS enabled, or that he doesn't really have a GrpN ECU :dunno

jvit27
09-14-2007, 12:51 PM
I'd like to add that contrary to what Jon thought, his ECU did need to have the EWS system resynchronized for the car to start. I don't know if that means that the GrpN ECU still has EWS enabled, or that he doesn't really have a GrpN ECU :dunno

I'd also like to add that this video was brought to you by NickG :D

Without his help, my car would still be a dust ornament.

appropriate recognition will preface the official picture/thread debut but still,
:urtheman

GrpN or not im hunting for another standard ECU ;)

BSH
09-14-2007, 01:59 PM
I'd like to add that contrary to what Jon thought, his ECU did need to have the EWS system resynchronized for the car to start. I don't know if that means that the GrpN ECU still has EWS enabled, or that he doesn't really have a GrpN ECU :dunnoVery interesting. It's worth asking David in Oklahoma if he needed to align the EWS after re-installing his Gp N DME.

When dyno'd, Jon's TQ curve should tell us if it's a Gp N DME or not.

ACS3 CLS
09-14-2007, 08:36 PM
(subscribed) Awesome Car! Can't wait to see the results.

GazM3
09-16-2007, 01:53 AM
It's just the CAI setup for a US car with Euro HFM, so the MAF stays just as it would on your car. Kinda fits like crap if you ask me, but no one makes a good euro intake.

I've heard the Euro ECU's have a sweet AlphaN map already built in from the factory but can't confirm it..

the inbuilt program is not too bad but it certanly seems not to have as good midrange as with the MAF inplace, and the power seems to be a little inconsistant and it uses 30-40% more fuel. I have someone locally (if u call 900km in sydney local) who can tune the OEM alphaN program. Hopefully i have time to do this before the end of this calander year. Im initially gunna run the factory intake plenum either with a 90mm pipe to replace the MAF or make up a new 90deg bend with larger dia pipe (say around 110mm). I will endeavour to do some dyno before/after plots to see if this is a worthwhile mod`. If so the data should be able to be sent for others to benifit from.

NickG
09-18-2007, 10:18 AM
I'd also like to add that this video was brought to you by NickG :D

Without his help, my car would still be a dust ornament.

appropriate recognition will preface the official picture/thread debut but still,
:urtheman

GrpN or not im hunting for another standard ECU ;)

No problemo Jon.........thanks for lunch too :)

So when are you gonna get that thing actually on the road? You need to drive it over to my place so we can finish up the rewiring.

liliechen
09-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Wow... great response. Dyno yet?

jvit27
09-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Wow... great response. Dyno yet?

Not yet. I'll button it up and get it on the road this weekend. I've got to put some miles on it and break it in anyways since everything is new - i'll wait until it cools off to dyno the car since it's way too hot here this time of year.