PDA

View Full Version : D-can Cable..

kirbykirbykirby
08-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Hey, Would anyone here know where I can get a D-CAN cable? The D is for diagnostic ;).

kellie
08-10-2007, 07:07 PM
If you aren't a dealer, why do you need one? Only the NEW cars have D-CAN, and they're all under warranty...

nickdrivesm3
08-10-2007, 11:18 PM
werd

kirbykirbykirby
08-11-2007, 01:31 AM
I need one so I can experiment with some software.. ;D I guess I'll have to go thru a dealer, any idea what part number it "may" be? Thanks.

bimmer_boyis
08-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Do you really want to buy a $4000 opps head so you can try and talk to new X cars and '08 5's

kellie
08-11-2007, 12:49 PM
I need one so I can experiment with some software.. ;D I guess I'll have to go thru a dealer, any idea what part number it "may" be? Thanks.

What's the software? Details please. :stickoutt Do you have a newer car to use it on? If so, be careful, those things can be really finicky. You can get in over your head really quickly if you don't know what you're doing.

One of us can check on Monday to see if there is a part number printed on them. You may have a hard time getting one, I know they were only being shipped to dealers in limited quantity initially. I'm not sure if they're easier to get now.

eleet
08-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I think a J2534 interface may work. Check out the drew tech mongoose ISO/CAN cable. I've used it with DIS for some K/L stuff, I have taken apart BMW's passthru driver a little bit and see can support in there.

If a CAN module comes my way I will give it a shot.

kirbykirbykirby
08-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Awesome eleet, I'll look into that. :)

eleet
08-12-2007, 04:39 AM
OK, In case you didn't already know, the passthru driver is available for download after you log into the webDIS site

I can't post the url for some reason? But it's the official BMW site that lets you use DIS over the 'net.

TunerTools
03-07-2008, 10:43 PM
I think a J2534 interface may work. Check out the drew tech mongoose ISO/CAN cable. I've used it with DIS for some K/L stuff, I have taken apart BMW's passthru driver a little bit and see can support in there.

If a CAN module comes my way I will give it a shot.

Anyone interested in trying out the Mongoose, we have them for $285 with a money back warranty. Keep it clean and undamaged and if it doesn't do what you wish it would, we'll refund the price paid, minus shipping.

kellie
03-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Anyone interested in trying out the Mongoose, we have them for $285 with a money back warranty. Keep it clean and undamaged and if it doesn't do what you wish it would, we'll refund the price paid, minus shipping.

Careful advertising without being a site sponsor. That's a big no-no around here and will get you banned.