PDA

View Full Version : CF intakes and matching filters

M3 Euro LTW
07-21-2007, 12:21 PM
I have one of the intakes, and I ordered an ITG foam filter to match it.

A simple 4 inch or 4.5 inch (I don't recall now) sewer rubber hose is a perfect match to the CF intake and the filter.

I have two of these new ITG filters on the shelf if anyone is looking. (customer back out, and a spare for my car)

Eurosport imports them from UK.

(Yes, I know a fancy samco type hose would be slicker, but this works)

I would think on my website some photo would show this.

Alex.

Thewiseguy
07-22-2007, 12:31 AM
are you selling one?

shalashaska1985
07-22-2007, 04:55 PM
do u guys recommend ITG drop in filters for our cars.....(S50B30-32).....
they r oiled foam filers right???? is that good?????

Thewiseguy
07-22-2007, 05:39 PM
I used to have an Itg filter. After a couple of cleanings it started to really break down, and the adhesive fell apart. I now have an AFE 3.5" filter, I like it much better. Its cotton guaze as opposed to foam with oil. basically from what I understand, the foam uses static electricity to pull the dirt towards the oil. The dirt sticks to the oil. However when the filter gets "clogged" the dirt no longer sticks to the oil, therefore letting it flow through the filter.
The cotton guaze just gets clogged, and you loose some power.

M3 Euro LTW
07-23-2007, 11:03 AM
http://www.sharked.com/itg_filters.html

JC60/124

This is the model I use, I'm happy with it. Not much science to back up that I'm happy with it, but it fits, matches my CF intake nicely

Eurosport I'm sure could RUSH you one, but my experience over the past 4 years is that they do regular shipments at their own pace to pack containers or pallets, or whatever their business model is... and this is critical to making it work for them, so don't expect the filter to be on your doorstep in a week unless you make special arrangements.

I would sell both of mine if asked, because I'm not in the process of using either today, and could order a replacement with no rush to get it.

Alex.