PDA

View Full Version : FS: '97 ///M3 Dakar II - $14K

MeFryRice
07-12-2007, 06:15 PM
**SOLD**

As the title states, I'm selling my '97 M to purchase an '06 STi.

I bought the car last July '06 from Tony Rose in Colorado Springs. I bought the car w/o even taking a look at it. I had him do the Inspection II from the dealership along with detailed pics before I flew out to make the purchase. Needless to say, it passed with flying colors. As soon as I pulled up to the man's driveway, I knew I wanted it...no questions asked! I drove the car back to the Atlanta area w/o any issues what so ever!

Exterior:
The outside of the car is pretty much ding-free besides the typical wear and tear. On the front right fender, you can see that someone may have leaned against the car. Honestly, you don't notice it unless your really looking for it. This past May/June time frame (Graduation weekend) I was tapped in the rear on my way to work. Other then that, the body is in awesome shape! I wash it at least twice a week with Mother's Products wash and Natty Blue's wax.

Interior:
You can ask anyone that has seen the interior of my car...it's super clean for it's age and mileage. The driver's side Vader seat is starting to get the worn look on the bolster but is not tearing or anything. I'm a non-smoker so you don't even have to worry about it having that bad odor. I've let people sit in my back seat MAYBE 3 times, I don't like people climbing in the back of my car scuffing everything so the only time they were aloud was if it was a must. I vacuumed the car every week and cleaned/conditioned the leather with Coach (the purse company) lotions. It moisturizes it more then giving it a shine. The Vaders are manual but are heated for those cold nights.

Powertrain:
As far as the engine/tranny/diff part goes....no issues what so ever. The motor still revs very freely and pulls very hard. I've changed the oil religiously with BMW products, down to the oil. I can honestly say that this motor is one of the stronger ones out of all the M's I've driven in the past, even other M owners that have ridden with me have noticed. The clutch still grabs strong w/o any signs of slippage along with the tranny shifting with no signs of worn syncros. The diff doesn't chatter nor whine and had it's fluid changed with Redline products.

Suspension:
I still retain the stock suspension as I've never come to a conclusion what setup I wanted. I noticed shortly after I got the car back to Atlanta a clunking noise in the rear, to find out that the RSMs needed to be changed which were replaced with OEM ones. The suspension does have some miles on it but has plenty left for those that are wanting to swap it out anyways.

As far as mods go....I left it to a minimum till I was able to figure out what exactly I wanted to do with the car. Here's a list:

Mods:

-Hella Ellipsoid E-Spec Headlights (Genuine, not your typical DEPO, ZKW)
-Hella horn (it was a freebee)
-Shark Injector
-6K HID's (not installed yet.)
-Intake
-Euro Floating Rotors
-Straight Pipes (will include stock setup.)
-Alpine CDA-9857 Head unit w/iPod cable (will include stock radio and 6-disk changer)

Now with every car, there are going to be some issues. The issues that need to be fixed are:

-The steering rack has started to leak but not bad, I just like to check the fluids everytime I get gas to make sure they are to spec.

-A stupid friend of mine bumped his head against my rear-view mirror and broke it off, so the windshield will need to be replaced. It's not too expensive, just haven't had time to drop the car off to get it replaced. Since it's the OEM glass, that's what I prefer to replace it with but for others an aftermarket company will suit you just fine.

-The front bumper has it's normal rock chips from the usual highway drives but to be honest, you don't notice them unless your really looking that hard.

-I am getting a Taillight Failure code through the OBC, it's the driver's side taillight and I never knew what I wanted to replace them with so I left it as is for now till then. It's not that big of an issue. The light still works but just isn't as bright as the passenger side.

That's it as far as I know and tried to list eveything to my knowledge. When it comes to my car, I'm as honest as I can be, I don't beat people around the bush.

Right now the car has 87K miles on it and has been pampered all it's life. I don't like to abuse my cars as I've always had the mentality of "the more you beat on it, the more things break" and has always worked well for me.

I'm asking $14K which I think is fair for it's condition and miles. It's hard to find a car that has truly taken care of for this price. I guess I need to let you know that it has a clean title!!

Please feel free to email me (mymr2turbo@yahoo.com) or call me for a faster response (404.683.7698). If I don't pick up then please leave a msg and I'll get back to you ASAP!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/mymr2turbo/My%2097%20M3/IMG_0923.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/mymr2turbo/My%2097%20M3/IMG_0874.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/mymr2turbo/My%2097%20M3/DSCN0789.jpg

The Damage:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/mymr2turbo/My%2097%20M3/IMG_0931.jpg

grajewiakm3
07-12-2007, 10:45 PM
DROOOOOL love the color g/l with sale

MeFryRice
07-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks man,

Later night bump!

TEPPSU
07-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Any interior shots? Accidents in its history other than the bump to the rear? :hehe

MeFryRice
07-13-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm working on getting some interior shots of the car and will post them up shortly....

Higgins
07-14-2007, 07:40 AM
talk to you thursday . . . did you get email with pics of my "Mister"?