PDA

View Full Version : Crank, but nothing . . . . Security system problem??

SecondtoNone
07-09-2007, 04:38 PM
This is a '95 M3 swap into a '93 318is. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING that was bolted onto the M3 unibody was swapped into 318is = ///M318

From a local forum I posted on during the Bimmerforums crisis:
So Im back from pulling an all nighter last night and workin on it this afternoon and evening.
We went to crank the motor but the FUEL PUMPS werent turning on nor did the STARTER turn the engine, so I looked up the schematics in the Bentley manual and found the EWS (the black security box that goes behind the glove comparttment by the rest of the computers) and jumped the wires that went in and out of the EWS computer so I can get power to the starter. 2nd there was no power at the Fuel pump fuse but it was fine so we jumped the batt. cable to the fuse and that turned on the fuel pumps so we can crank the engine. We turned the key and the starter turned over the engine but it was just running off the starter and there was no spark.
From what I understand, if the ign. coils dont work the injectors dont work so even tho we were gettin fuel from the fuel pumps, it wasnt going into the engine because the coils werent firing. We pulled off the 3 wires that went to the #1 coil and it had a ground and had power but the signal wire had no power when the engine was cranking.
Now Im 99% positive the EWS (security system) is not letting us have power to the Starter, Fuel Pumps, or Ign. Coils. Im not sure whats causing it to do that. We have most of the computers hooked up (all that I can find), we do have a few connectors that Im not quite sure where they go, Guage Cluster, center console, ..etc and the every thing from the backseats on isnt hooked up either.
So Im not sure if the security system needs everything plugged in (power windows/switches, lights, sunroof, ...etc) just to give back the control of the fuel pumps, starter, and coils, but right now Im stumped and Bimmerforums is down so I cant do anything until tomorrow night til I get off work.

I was hoping someone might now a little something bout this but whoever else knows about the BMW security immobilization process pleeeeeeaaase I need your help!

Recently I've heard something bout the EWS needing to be "Realigned" ??? Someone know anything about this?? ...that would require me to tow it to a dealership.

-Thx!!!

BMWFanatic
07-12-2007, 10:23 PM
same thing happened to my '93 325i with '95 M3 swap. all i had to do was buy the chip from turnermotorsports.com

look for the one for the'95 M3 with EWS delete, silver label. that did the trick.

good luck bro:buttrock

SecondtoNone
07-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Yea I could go that root, but the only ones they have are EWS delete + euro hfm/or ltw flywheel/ etc.. and I would like to keep the security system and not spend $350 on a chip that would get rid of it. I called Turner the other day and they said I shouldn't buy the chip and I should be able to just get the EWS "re-aligned".
Anyone wanna tell me if they've done this before and hows this work? ..cost??

-Thx!

omgcarsrock
07-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Needs to be done at the dealership using BMW equipment, I haven't done this but I know thats how modules are aligned, never heard of anybody doing it sepreatly, BMW doesn't like anybody messing with there shit lol

kstrayer
07-30-2007, 02:10 PM
No they don't, they dont even like giving out tourqe speficiation for certian things I.E. wheel studs. But, if you go to a BMW dealership a tech will be more than happy to help you, though it might cost you some $$$

fakebaker323is
08-19-2007, 08:02 PM
if you swapped everything it should work, if you didn't swap the keys, then it will not work, just swap the ignition lock cylinder and keys from the m3 and it should work.

SecondtoNone
08-19-2007, 08:18 PM
As I said earlier (look up^), I swapped everything. But anyways I went to a bimmer dealership and they were real cool bout it, I didnt even have to take it off the car dolly cause the realignment tool was wireless. The head tech. that did it said he was even puzzled why that happened. It started right up after that minute long reprogram :D . They even charged me half the cost of it and wiped all the codes clean (started with a fresh slate, but had to let it do an "Idle relearn", letting it idle for 15/20 minutes.

Highly recommend Capital Cities BMW if you're ever around Albany, NY!

shirley2008
08-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Hs

shirley2008
08-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Dear Sir;
Hereby I would like to introduce our product-SecuTire™ Systemto you. It
is a proven unique solution for automatic tire pressure monitoring. Kysonix developed small sensor/transmitters that can be locked onto the valve stem of autos and trucks and transmit a wireless signal when pressure drops by a customer specified percentage (default 15%).
Shirley
Sales Department
Kysonix Company
Home of the SecuTire System

Email: shirleynccn@yahoo.com.cn