PDA

View Full Version : 3lt M3 Dyno Results

BLAKE AuST
07-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Hey all,

A mate and i decided to get our cars dyno'd!!

thought my results where not to bad seeing as i just hit 214,000kms

The guy said torq was off cos its hard to messure, but the graph is good to know.

AFR wasnt working at the time.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/starb/E36%20M3%20Euro%203lt%20BLAKE%20AuST.jpg

What Sensors/filters should i replace to reclaim lost power?

BLAKE AuST

byl
07-09-2007, 09:52 AM
it's not of much use without AFR I think.

millm3
07-09-2007, 06:04 PM
the torque numbers are way too high. Torque should be around 320 Nm and power should be around 210 kW (=286 hp).

My 3.0 made around 306 Nm and 291 hp on the dyno.

morerevsm3
07-09-2007, 06:26 PM
the torque numbers are way too high. Torque should be around 320 Nm and power should be around 210 kW (=286 hp).

My 3.0 made around 306 Nm and 291 hp on the dyno.

no, england is the only place in the world that guesstimates to flywheel figures, rwhp is what everyone else uses, then you need to factor different dyno brands for fair comparison

millm3
07-10-2007, 06:15 PM
England is not the only country in the world where flywheel numbers are common for dyno results. Bosch and MAHA dynos from Germany will also deliver flywheel numbers.

There's is something completely wrong with the torque numbers in this graph. Maybe also the wheel power numbers are not really accurate. I would double check the result with a different dyno.

morerevsm3
07-10-2007, 11:00 PM
that kind of dyno reads torque applied to roller, gear ratio is not taken into account, so torque only relevant when comparing before and after on same dyno, but that is true of all dynos

millm3
07-11-2007, 01:14 AM
that kind of dyno reads torque applied to roller, gear ratio is not taken into account, so torque only relevant when comparing before and after on same dyno, but that is true of all dynos

no it isn't true for all dynos. Also the dyno used in that measurement can compensate for different gears when using a inductive probe to measure engine speed.
If you don't take account of the gearing, then this torque numbers have some more or less undefined scaling and would be dependent on whatever gear you use for the dyno run. The numbers would be lower when using 5th gear and higher when using 3rd gear. If you normalize these numbers to crank numbers by multiplying with the correct transmission ratio you get comparable numbers independent of the gear used for the measurement. The correct transmission ratio is determined by the dyno's computer by calculating the ratio between engine speed and wheel/roller speed.