PDA

View Full Version : stupid rubbing issue

shalashaska1985
06-21-2007, 09:54 PM
hey guys....
last week i changed my tires on the M, i got the new Potenza RE001 Adrenalin....225/45/r17 front....235/45/r17 rear....
my car is lowered and am having rubbing issues in my car :mad....basically the tires is rubbing with the finder and the very end tip of the rear bumper(the end of the bumper just above the tire)...i dunno wut to do???? rolling the finders????
i have BBS RX 17,8'' and ET38....
wuts ur opinion guys????

GazM3
06-22-2007, 07:20 AM
get them rolled. it solves lots of irritation. its a relatively inexpensive and painless proceeedure. make sure they heat up the paint of the guard to avoid potantially cracking it.

shalashaska1985
06-22-2007, 07:25 AM
here is the problem...there is no place out here that has the proper tool to do the finder rolling...they will use a hammer and start beating the hell out the finder....

morerevsm3
06-22-2007, 08:42 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eastwood-Fender-Roller-Plus-Heat-Gun-31158_W0QQitemZ250131276054QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6370 2QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

GazM3
06-24-2007, 06:08 AM
ehhe business op for someone in UAE.

synkro
06-25-2007, 09:08 AM
or get some stiffer suspension?

shalashaska1985
06-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Well i guess i solved the problem for now by takin out my spare tire( i didnt know that thing was that heavy)....am looking for some new rims with good offset sth 42 and more.....that will help me out alot as i also have to change my rims (three of them r bent)

3MTA3
06-25-2007, 12:48 PM
One other thing to consider is that if your rear tires are indeed 45 series, as per your original post, the greater overall diameter is probably a contributing factor.

By the way, Tire Rack lists either a 235/40, 245/40, or 245/45 in the RE001. So either the 235/45 is offered outside the States, or you have one of the sizes above -?

If you happen to be running the 245/45, I can definitely see why you have a rubbing issue - they are roughly 30MM larger in diameter than a 235/40.

Hope this helps & best of luck
Mike

M3 Euro LTW
06-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Who is moderating this board?

I ask because I'm curious.

The OP on this thread is hardly euro specific, and I was hoping we'd keep it specific to the Euro issues in here.

Not a big deal, but curious if the moderators are watching, or letting us run amok here?

No offense intended, and I'm not trying to pick on anyone or start an internet war over the issue...

On this subject, the general E36 section is fine, perhaps the track section or whatever, but its hardly euro-specific.

Alex.

shalashaska1985
06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Who is moderating this board?

I ask because I'm curious.

The OP on this thread is hardly euro specific, and I was hoping we'd keep it specific to the Euro issues in here.

Not a big deal, but curious if the moderators are watching, or letting us run amok here?

No offense intended, and I'm not trying to pick on anyone or start an internet war over the issue...

On this subject, the general E36 section is fine, perhaps the track section or whatever, but its hardly euro-specific.

Alex.

Well i guess this subforum is called eurospec, not specific toward just our euro engines. i know that tires issues doesnt interest you or maybe anybody here but since we have a euro subforum i would like to use it......No offense Alex

shalashaska1985
06-25-2007, 06:15 PM
One other thing to consider is that if your rear tires are indeed 45 series, as per your original post, the greater overall diameter is probably a contributing factor.

By the way, Tire Rack lists either a 235/40, 245/40, or 245/45 in the RE001. So either the 235/45 is offered outside the States, or you have one of the sizes above -?

If you happen to be running the 245/45, I can definitely see why you have a rubbing issue - they are roughly 30MM larger in diameter than a 235/40.

Hope this helps & best of luck
Mike

i have 235/45/r17 i guess ur right maybe they did offere is outside the states...bcz the dealer doesnt have 235/40/r17

GazM3
06-26-2007, 07:07 AM
i see this sect as a place for eurospec m3 owners to discuss car issues occasionally other than engines

M3 Euro LTW
06-26-2007, 11:28 AM
I'll try and find out who the moderators are, work behind the scenes.

My post did not suggest that we limit the discussion to engines, I suggested we limit the discussion to items that are euro-spec, ie, not available on the cars that didn't come with the 286 or 321 HP version of the engines. Please re-read what I wrote.

There are a tons of items that are non-engine related that would be open to discussion... Specifically, all sorts of options like headlights, headlight washers, foglight changes, rear window openers on coupes, different spring rates, certain trim and interior changes, as well as of course a myriad of brackets and engine compartment items that would be part of conversion from a non-euro M3 to a euro M3. Many of these items might be of interest to people outside the US who have Non-M versions of E36, and would like to upgrade, or modify to closer approximate what the M3's had in their own market.

If we open up the discussion to rims/tires, how to lower a car, or what in car electronics are the best, we're defeating the purpose, and the very people you'd like to come and contribute will lose interest. I really enjoy learning about, and sharing what I know about the euro engined M3's that we never got in the US. I don't really want to weed through a bunch of posts that have nothing to do with those cars and what makes them unique in this forum.

It is of course a public forum. I have nothing but respect for free speech, and I enjoy reading in different forums in BFC depending on what I'm researching, or trying to catch up on... but IMHO, this should be a haven for Euro-specific discussions. That is what the first page does say.

To be honest, the biggest reason NOT to post non-euro material here is for your own benefit.... Trust me, the guys that spend hours working out what tire combinations can or can not be made to work with or without flaring, using different offsets or whatever are not going to be browsing in here.....so, if you really want a good, complete, fast answer, post it in a more appropriate section. You'll be happier too.

Peace, Love, and enjoy the pursuit of knowledge!

Alex.