PDA

View Full Version : Colorado People

lhoward
12-19-2002, 12:41 AM
whats up. just seeing how many of you are on this forum.

Spencer
12-19-2002, 01:02 AM
I'm here.

This is really the only forum I use.

I check the Midwest section of DTM once a week but that site has become such trash, its unbelieveable.

Going over there and making fun of some people's ignorance can be fun once and a while though.

aceves
12-19-2002, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Spencer
I'm here.

I check the Midwest section of DTM once a week but that site has become such trash, its unbelieveable.

Is that the truth or what! It used to be pretty good. I think anyone that knew anything and posted there has now moved here. Don't think the pay to play:boink system is going to work out but you never know.

lhoward
12-19-2002, 08:39 PM
haha good to see you here Spencer. does anyone know a guy from boulder with a 325e with a smashed fender. he goes on DTM sometimes. just wondering if anyone new his name on there or something about him. thanks

luke

nmadd
12-19-2002, 11:09 PM
Present! :D

NickBooras
12-20-2002, 01:26 AM
:wavey:

Arbeitstier
12-20-2002, 01:41 PM
I live 10 miles north of Colorado, and wanted to know if you Coloradans ever noticed that PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE IN COLORADO!!

Don't be offended, since you are here it probably doesn't apply to you.

Everytime I drive south on I-25, as soon as I get past Ft Collins, the traffic backs up. I'm not talking about Denver traffic, there can be six cars visible, and they will be driving side-by-side, doing 60 in the fast lane. The truckers and morons with boats/trailers love to try and pass on the hills, only to realize they can't go faster than the vehicle in the slow lane.

Regards from cold Cheyenne

Spencer
12-20-2002, 01:55 PM
Believe me, I know exactly what you are talking about.

I go from boulder to Ft. Collins at least once a week and like to haul ass up I25. At least 90 the whole way if the V1 isnt going off. The idiots going the speed limit in the fast lane really irritate me. Not to menion they never move over.

Honstly, the only way I have found to work is to become an asshole. Flashing your highbeams usually works but in some cases, you need to use the horn. I don't like doing these things but in my opinion, they are the ones causing the problem and won't resolve it the easy way (moving over when I'm behind them).

nmadd
12-20-2002, 02:16 PM
People who drive the speed limit or actually UNDER the speed limit in the left lane. :rocketwho
I get that everyday driving home on I-25 from 120th to 6th.
And when the highway moves around the slightest curve, the traffic comes to a screeching halt. :complain

NickBooras
12-21-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Arbeitstier
I live 10 miles north of Colorado, and wanted to know if you Coloradans ever noticed that PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE IN COLORADO!!

Don't be offended, since you are here it probably doesn't apply to you.

Everytime I drive south on I-25, as soon as I get past Ft Collins, the traffic backs up. I'm not talking about Denver traffic, there can be six cars visible, and they will be driving side-by-side, doing 60 in the fast lane. The truckers and morons with boats/trailers love to try and pass on the hills, only to realize they can't go faster than the vehicle in the slow lane.

Regards from cold Cheyenne

haha, damn greenies! i know what you mean though. it's terrible!

on a side note, i am up in WY quite a bit and to be honest, i didnt think there was a BMW in the entire state...where have you folks been hiding?

ShaneS
12-21-2002, 12:04 PM
Ugghhh, yea, the drivers here suck! I think it starts around longmont and goes to castle rock or so. Before I moved to longmont I used to drive fort collins to longmont everyday and that trip is better than longmont to denver on I25.

One thing I noticed around here is that people will tailgate me when I am stuck behind other people. Do they just think their insurance company is gonna laugh when they total my BMW? I could understand when I drove a geo metro...but please!

lhoward
12-21-2002, 01:45 PM
oh man people in colorado that are on the freeway SUCK at driveing. what i basically do is what spencer does. they piss me off. one of the worst is when you get 2 truckers one trying to pass the other. one is going 60mph and the other is going 62mph. that fucking pisses me off. people need to go to Cali and learn how to drive on the freeway. i love that place when it comes to driveing.

lhoward
12-21-2002, 01:46 PM
i didn't know we had so maney people up here in the northern part of colorado. looks like we will have to get a meet going after the new years. :)

Spencer
12-21-2002, 03:24 PM
I dont know if I would necessarily agree with you on the california driving comment. I'm back in CA right now for a couple weeks and the driving here is just as bad. People do the same BS but here, there are more lanes to weave around them unlike most of the 2 laners in CO.

Problem with CA is that I that most of the time, I wouldnt be caught dead honking and high beaming people on the freeway. Too many nut cases here that might be packing a gun or ready to swipe you off the road.

Last year some nut case didnt want to merge, so he starts driving down the shoulder, then immediately cuts me off. I was in the Navigator and could barely see his trunk, it was VERY close. Anyways, already having a bad day, I give him the finger... something most would do. Long story short, he follows me for about 15 minutes, and in that timeframe, we were stopped at a red light in traffic (no where to go), he got out and turned out to be about 6'6" 250lb+ guy w/ some cross-eyed problem. Pretty scary. He walked to my car and literally pounded on my window. I was ready for it to statter. Later on, he proceeded to follow me into a gravel parking lot where I started driving in circles. He just sat in his car watching (he probabily thought I was a bigger nut case then him)and then I start pulling some nice doughtnuts (that thing will do them for hours perfectly) right in front of his car, just spraying his car completely with gravel. He was heated after that, but I was in temper mode after his window banging BS.

Anyways, I finally lost his ass but getting away wasn't quite as easy as it would have been in the M3.

Bottom line is that there are some lunitics out here and it is a good idea not to piss them off.

Europe is where the best highway driving is. If you sit in the fast lane, you WILL be run off the road. So people there learn to stay to the right unless they are passing.

nmadd
12-21-2002, 03:36 PM
I with Spencer on CA drivers being scary. I had to check my drawers every time I got done driving with my roommate from school (he's from Sacramento). Once, with myself in the passenger seat, he was going 95 in a 40 on a two lane road, trying to pass a guy on the right in the turn lane. I thought for sure we were going to die. He did that crap all the time. :rolleyes:

Bad///M3
12-26-2002, 12:33 AM
hey everyone, nice to see theres a few CO members around here. :wave: I agree on the driving here sucl royal ASS! :complain But i think Denver is better then Colo. Springs, i hate driving in the springs. People down there are major dumbasses!

Spencer, I seen you at that SCCA race at coors field that day your pic was taken in your sig. very nice car i might add!:clap: I didnt race in it tho just watched, i did take a ride tho with some guy in his Honda. i must say hopefuly i can give it a shot next year (2003).

nmadd
12-26-2002, 09:25 PM
Coming back from Winter Park yesterday with my girlfriend, we ran into a line of 4 cars on Berthoud Pass going about 15 mph. I realize that it has a lot of switchbacks and there was some snow on the ground, but give me a break. When we finally got a chance to pass, we saw that not one was in state. Texas, Texas, Oklahoma, California.
I'm glad that at least Coloradoans can drive a little bit better in the snow and mountains. :D

///MDriver
12-26-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by nmadd
People who drive the speed limit or actually UNDER the speed limit in the left lane. :rocketwho
I get that everyday driving home on I-25 from 120th to 6th.
And when the highway moves around the slightest curve, the traffic comes to a screeching halt. :complain

I know:mad:. I was driving down one of the major roads here today and there was a garbage truck in the right lane and grandpa in the left:rolleyes: They were able to pace each other perfectly:complain.

I-25 sounds a lot like like I-90 here.

Medvedko
12-28-2002, 09:56 PM
I am in Colorado as well!

I also agree that the drivers here are the worst.
You have grandma and grandpa with the oxygen tanks at full blast because they have problems breathing up here. It limits there driving to at least 10 under the speed limit.
To the guy who posted above, people pace at the perfect speed next to eachother so it is impossible to pass. When you see the moms or high school girl having the conversation of her life on the cell phone.
I am "slowly" learning to calm down but sometimes you see the green peace sticker with a huge support for Walter Mondale and all goes to $hit.

///MDriver
12-28-2002, 09:59 PM
:lol: I have also noticed that the people that do the 10 under are in the left, or, fast lane.

nmadd
12-29-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by MDriver315
:lol: I have also noticed that the people that do the 10 under are in the left, or, fast lane.

It never fails that I always hit one of these in the left lane leaving work. It drives me nuts! And of course they won't move over and you can't pass them because it's rush hour and the right lane is jammed. Sometimes I want to carve their heart out with a spoon. Is that weird? :D

///MDriver
12-29-2002, 05:46 PM
:lol: That's pretty weird.

blueghost75
12-31-2002, 06:08 PM
It pisses me off just as much when the semi's don't look behind them when they move out to pass another semi, they fail to notice me gaining on them at 90mph :mad:

I had this happen twice on I25 in south CO on my drive to Austin. The second time the guy moved into the left lane and acctually slowed down, so I whipped out on his right, passed him and cut in front of him. That pissed him off, and he comes up about 2 inch from my bumper. Of course, this is a game of who has more balls, and since he is tailgating me, i've still got the balls to do a light breakcheck on the semi that is two inch off of my bumper. he didn't like that at all, but had the brains to back off a bit.

Of course, I stopped being an ass to other drivers after i got pulled over for 91 in a 75. My fault, didn't have my radar detector up, I was pacing other people the whole time. I guess the cop didn't notice the other guy driving that fast. Oh well. off to court i go.

///MDriver
12-31-2002, 10:25 PM
I guess the cop didn't notice the other guy driving that fast.

They never do.:(

Arbeitstier
01-05-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by PHSPomona
haha, damn greenies! i know what you mean though. it's terrible!

on a side note, i am up in WY quite a bit and to be honest, i didnt think there was a BMW in the entire state...where have you folks been hiding?

I know what you mean, there are a few rich ladies driving them, and some people from the AF base that brought one back from Germany, but I hardly see any bimmers! Ft Collins is the closest dealer. Whats really sad is some of the few I see are primer specials with mufflers falling off, etc.

MattyJ
01-05-2003, 10:56 PM
im representin from englewood

///Manuel
01-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Yep I also check the mid-west section on DTMPower but wouldn't mind migrating here. Dont care much about DTMPower anymore.

cS
01-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Here!

nmadd
01-12-2003, 11:38 AM
Good looking car Seth. I like the wheels. :buttrock

///MDriver
01-13-2003, 12:51 PM
The wheels weren't the first thing I noticed:D

nmadd
01-13-2003, 03:41 PM

:biglaughb Took you ahwile to find them huh? I can definitely understand. :D

aceves
01-13-2003, 03:43 PM
So who still posts on DTM, just wondering ?
I very rarely do, I think I only visit once a week and the same threads are still there, anyway just curious.

cS
01-13-2003, 09:51 PM

:D Thankx guys! :mdrbig

I post on DTM occasionally.. but it's a joke now. Seems like it's getting worse!

Spencer
01-14-2003, 02:47 AM
Seth,

Are you still looking for the sunroof motor and M3 front bumper? If so, I've got both that i'd be willing to sell you.

Let me know if you still need them. Also, if you need anything else, I've got lots of parts I need to get rid of, so let me know what you need.

cS
01-14-2003, 02:03 PM
Spencer, check your mail.

lhoward
01-15-2003, 12:49 AM
we need to get everyone over from colorado section on dtm here. i talk to austin on aim so thats no big problem. what about all the boulder people? the guy with the 850 turbo, 2001 S4, etc???

tympanachus
01-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Bad///M3
hey everyone, nice to see theres a few CO members around here. :wave: I agree on the driving here sucl royal ASS! :complain But i think Denver is better then Colo. Springs, i hate driving in the springs. People down there are major dumbasses!

Yup. I've been around the Springs since '67 except for 6 years in Boulder (where they don't drive any better, really) in the early '80s (US36 was just as bad then but the scenery was better).

But hey, it's hard for most of these road hogs down here to drive with their right thumbs up their butts and their left ones in their mouths waiting for the conservative and/or X'tian talk radio people here to tell them when to switch.

Sunday early is about the only time to have it our way. If I really thought prayer changed things, I'd sure give it a whirl for this problem. The abysmal Colo Spgs traffic light managment coupled with the cell phone fumblers also more than doubles the problem.

My most sincere apologies to anyone offended...

'96 Dinan Stage IV M3 (http://www.mimbres.com/m3/m3.htm)

cS
01-15-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by tympanachus

But hey, it's hard for most of these road hogs down here to drive with their right thumbs up their butts and their left ones in their mouths waiting for the conservative and/or X'tian talk radio people here to tell them when to switch.

:bash:

lhoward
01-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by tympanachus
Yup. I've been around the Springs since '67 except for 6 years in Boulder (where they don't drive any better, really) in the early '80s (US36 was just as bad then but the scenery was better).

Sunday early is about the only time to have it our way. If I really thought prayer changed things, I'd sure give it a whirl for this problem. The abysmal Colo Spgs traffic light managment coupled with the cell phone fumblers also more than doubles the problem.

My most sincere apologies to anyone offended...

'96 Dinan Stage IV M3 (http://www.mimbres.com/m3/m3.htm)

hahaha so true:clap:

nmadd
01-16-2003, 12:13 PM
Great looking car tympanachus. Man I love the SSR wheels. :clap:

///ACS-3
01-18-2003, 03:11 AM
I check DTM regularly...just started to visit this site :wave:

mullhaupt
01-20-2003, 02:15 AM
The drivers suck how about the roads and the gravel I already have 2 nice chipps on the hood and numerous one at the front grill

lhoward
01-20-2003, 03:52 AM
up here in fort fun the roads are pretty nice.

Spencer
01-21-2003, 09:45 PM
Shibumi,

Where in Ft. Fun do you live?

I'm up there alot visiting my girl friend.

lhoward
01-22-2003, 12:16 AM
basically i live at Taft Hill road and Drake road. give me a call when your up here and i will show you my work and we can chill sometime. i have only seen your car once at the down town denver cruz. you have a PM with my # in it. peace dude.

mullhaupt
01-22-2003, 12:17 AM
would any one be interested in a meet or a run up the poudre
maybe we can get some boulder and longmont guy up here in the loveland fort collins area

jmprecisionauto
01-22-2003, 12:37 AM
We are in Ft. Collins as well. Even though my car isn't finished yet, there are replacements. Hope to have it done this weekend. Mullhaupt330, you know where to reach me if you decide to do a meet or drive.

SweetNlow
01-23-2003, 06:30 PM
Wassup every one. I just got here!!! I stay in Colorado Springs....

lhoward
01-23-2003, 07:42 PM
hey Mike and mullhaupt, look in the fort fun meet thread i have already started for a meet.

INFINITY*
01-24-2003, 04:43 PM
Hmmmm... Can an Audi guy who has a fond appreciation for things Bavarian apply?? :)

I used to check out DTM Power every once in a while... Been curious what all the DTM Denver guys have been up to as of recent? Should I be checking this Forum from now on for any gatherings/get togethers?

Cheers,

Randy Shibata
1997 Audi A4 1.8T

caldweb
01-24-2003, 09:44 PM
Hey everyone. :wave:

I'm checking this board more now. Screw DTMpower.

///MDriver
01-24-2003, 11:36 PM
Hey now, we understand that some people do not like DTM anymore. I don't think we need everyone to repeat it. :rolleyes:

cravnpup
01-31-2003, 01:24 PM
I moved out here after 4 years of experienced driving in Boston. I would never have imagined in my wildest dreams how bad drivers could get... Why is it that everytime it snows people slam on their brakes?? Hello?? :complain And don't even get me started about the left lane grandpas...

buff325is
02-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Im right here in Boulder. Have never checked the regional forums though. Just wanted to say whats up.:)

Lorgow
02-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Eric Here!
Ya Drivers are bad, roads are torn up in places, job market SUCKS!! But I still love it here. Don't ask me why I just do.

Maybe I'll meet up with some of you guys this summer. If I can get a decent job by then I'll either start more mods on my 325 or save for an Estoril Blue M3.
L8

M3-Play
02-10-2003, 12:38 AM
Hello Everyone :wave:

Just registered on this forum. I guess most of the people have migrated over here from DTM.

lhoward
02-10-2003, 12:27 PM
welcome M3- Play

ZMS325i
02-11-2003, 01:23 AM
Sup lucas,
Im here now.... seems to be alot of cool guys here....thanks for the tip.....

Premduth
02-12-2003, 12:54 AM
Hey Lucas,

How is it goin. Just thought I would drop a line. Since I just found out about this forum from my330i.com :).

Scho
02-17-2003, 12:55 PM
Who is from Denver? I will be there from March 6-12 visiting and snowboarding. Anyone else want to meet up at night or hang somewhere? Any meets or anythign during those dates?? I will be there with SG_M3 from Dallas Crew as well.

Mike :buttrock

nmadd
02-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Where are you going snowboarding?

I live in Denver, about 5 minutes from downtown. We should meet up. :D If you need any recommendations for restaurants, bars let me know.

Scho
02-17-2003, 05:10 PM
We are going to Loveland Basin and Eldora Mountain, 2 days at each or else 4 days at the best one. Got any recommendations?

nmadd
02-17-2003, 09:40 PM
I'm not a big skier myself, but my girlfriend (who is) said she preferred Loveland over Eldora. Both are on the smaller side though. If you were to go to Loveland, you wouldn't be too incredibly far away from Winter Park (http://www.skiwinterpark.com/) (my gf's hometown) or Breckenridge (http://breckenridge.snow.com/) which are much bigger. However, that's not to say Loveland or Eldora aren't nice. :D

If you go to Eldora, you aren't too far away from the gambling town of Blackhawk, if you're into that. :devillook

Whatever you choose, it should be fun.

deedubb
02-21-2003, 01:47 AM
Whats up all. I used to live in colorado(longmont) and moved to Seattle. I HATE IT here and will be moving back in the spring to go to school full time.

I look foreward to meeting up with most of you all again and to begin my most awaited and very exciting 95M3 Widebody project.
I'll begin the pics/writeup in the early spring.

Dave.

nmadd
02-21-2003, 02:01 PM
Oooooh. Looking forward to seeing some pics deedubb. :D Good luck.

Medvedko
02-21-2003, 06:26 PM
Dave, let us know when you get back into Colorado and we can all meet!

About the ski areas, Loveland and Eldora will freeze your ass off. I don't know but both of them have this constant cold wind that is too discomforting while skiing, something about the continental divide. I do go to Eldora because I am in Boulder. I hate to waste over 1 hour driving especially on terrible roads.

Keystone isn't too bad, Vail is too dam far and expensive but a sweet ski resort.

MBimmer182
02-24-2003, 02:03 AM
I also came over from DTM (CosmosM3.4), just wanted to introduce myself. Talk to everyone later.

deedubb
02-24-2003, 02:32 AM
Yes I definitely will let you all know when im back. Should be no later than the end of May depending on my job but could be earlier too!!!

lhoward
02-24-2003, 11:18 AM
oh wow we have alot of new people. welcome guys.

deedubb- looking foward to seeing you M3 again. anything new done to it?

Scho- shoot me a PM or something when it gets closer to when your comeing out here. Keystone or Breckenridge are ALOT better than loveland or eldora and are only about 30min farther.

Premduth and MBimmer182- glad you guys could make it here.

wow lots of new people. YAY :)

deedubb
02-24-2003, 05:30 PM
Not much is done to my car. I took off the wing, I have a Zeemax rear bumper now which will be incorporated with the widebody when i get that started and the White interior i had, is almost done being converted to black now. Too much glare and too much cleaning to keep up with when it was white. Other than that, same ol car.

Any meets planned in the spring? I cannot wait to come back.

Dave

Im-Quik
02-26-2003, 04:08 PM
Just wanted to post so I could represent.. :boink :

NickBooras
02-26-2003, 05:07 PM
Hey guys, I need some pictures of modified BMWs for a project I'm working on...anyone have any photoshoots planned anytime soon, or would you mind meeting up with me sometime soon (after you wash your cars, of course :D) so I could snap a few photos? The cars that I know I want to shoot are Art's, Ronnie's, and Frank's widebody, but if anyone else would be willing to let me take a few pics, I'd meet up with you, too. Thanks a lot.

Edit: Spencer, I forgot you. I definately want to take a fep pics of your car, as well. When are you putting the ACS widebody on?

Spencer
02-26-2003, 08:03 PM
Nick,

Thanks but the front of my car is a little 'jacked' up right now. Lets just say that splitter didnt have much clearance. So I'll have to skip it.

As far as the widebody, I'll just say "someday".......

MBimmer182
02-27-2003, 06:53 PM
I think a photoshoot would be a good idea i could use some digital pictures of my car so i could post them online, Thats kinda funny my car is in Art's sig.

Later

m3hamann
02-28-2003, 02:38 AM
Hello Everyone

Just registered on this forum
let me know if there is a meet anytime soon like this i can call all the TEAM TANG to come too
ps: Spencer are gonna get a widebody too ? (what kind?)

kwando
03-01-2003, 05:08 AM
Just registered. DTMPower is dead now.

I've been out of the scene for a while. Anything new and exciting?

Frank did you see the pic of your trunk in importracer?

m3hamann
03-01-2003, 07:05 PM
thanx for the 411 SIMON i will call you next time if the TEAM TANG have a meet (sometime next month or so)

kwando
03-01-2003, 11:47 PM
Sounds like a plan. It just makes sense since my last name is Tang. :drink1:

Spencer
03-02-2003, 10:39 PM
M3Hamman,

Is that Frank? If so, whats up? Been a while since we've talked. You get that clutch in? Gatta get a ride!

I bought an ACS CLS widebody kit. Haven't put it yet though. If everything goes well, maybe at the end of the summer (dont want to have it in the shop the only time of the year its nice out).

m3hamann
03-03-2003, 01:06 AM
yeah spencer it s me frank give a link about that wide body of yours or a picture or some

Spencer
03-03-2003, 01:12 AM
Here is a link to a thread with the kit in it.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=32367