PDA

View Full Version : good deal for this m3?

comptechgsr
02-11-2003, 03:16 PM
149k miles,
"scheduled maintenance"
1989 (good body)

havent seen it yet,
but the guy is 'asking' 7500...

worse comes to worst, and the engine is completely shot (maybe even the suspension too)

what am i looking at spending....

zenon
02-11-2003, 05:59 PM
There is a $15,000 rule that an E30 M3 will cost $15,000 if you buy it for 7500 the rule would imply it needs $7500 of work...

comptechgsr
02-11-2003, 06:42 PM
been searching the other posts etc,
that rule seems to be perfectly true!

thanks for the headsup...

as for choosing en e30 then, should i just look for, pretty much, the color i want then go from there?

or are there any other types of models out there?
other USDM editions, different years that had different things etc?

thanks
d

Bry
02-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Here is a site that has the detail of the different years, and what was different: http://www.bimmers.com/m3/spotter/years.html We in the US were shafted, and only given one model, we weren't lucky enough to have the convertables, the Evo II's, the Evo III's, and the other special editions sold in Europe.

That car sounds very cheap, but you never know until you go and look at it. I would suggest doing that first, and then having a reputable shop checking the car out.

I never really looked at color very much, just because these cars are so hard to find, unless you are willing to travel across cross country. There really weren't that many colors sold, so that cuts down on your decision. If I were you, I would have a few colors that you liked, and then when you found a car that was in good mechanical condition, really check it out.