PDA

View Full Version : Next Installfest??

M325M
02-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Hey guys, when are you going to have the next installfest? I missed the first one and I really need to get my RTABs done. Any chance it will be held sometime soon? Will the prices be the same as well?

Chongus
02-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Yeah. let me know too. It was cool to hang out and see everyones rides. Keep us posted.

CHONGUS

m3luckyoo
02-08-2003, 02:55 PM
yah that would be nice. I dont know if my RTABs need to be replaced but i guess it would be sweet to get them inspected ;)

Dinan330ic
02-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Hope you can have an installfest sometime during the first week of March.

Erik@EDGE
02-10-2003, 08:16 PM
If anyone else needs any installs, let me know, I have time this weekend at my place. I am open on Saturday all day and Sunday afternoon.

BGM3
02-11-2003, 03:14 PM
I probably need my RTABs replaced. I'm close to 60k and planning to do several driving schools this year. Plus I have GC TAB bushings laying around that I wanted to have installed.

Eric- How much ya chargin to install them? Do you have any stock RTABs at your place?

Erik@EDGE
02-11-2003, 03:56 PM
I don't, but I could get some pretty quickly, we are ordering from Zygmunt this afternoon. Install is $100

The GC RTABs are a little challenging, Vic Sias installed some (actually only one) on his car during the last installfest. They require a lot of grinding and cussing to get them in right. Not a big deal, but they do take more time. I have time Sat and Sunday afternoon if you want to do it. Let me know.

badmonkey
02-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by 95 MPWR
I don't, but I could get some pretty quickly, we are ordering from Zygmunt this afternoon. Install is $100

The GC RTABs are a little challenging, Vic Sias installed some (actually only one) on his car during the last installfest. They require a lot of grinding and cussing to get them in right. Not a big deal, but they do take more time. I have time Sat and Sunday afternoon if you want to do it. Let me know.

GC bearings are easy going in, first clean up the inside of the trailing arm of any corrosion and gunk. If the bearing doesn't slip in a 1/4 inch or so easily, take a little material off with some fine emery cloth. Shouldn't take much. Add a very small amount of your favorite lube, very small to the leading edge of the bearing before inserting to trailing arm.

I heard you guys fabbed an install tool similar to what I used when installing my GC bearings. Go to Orco Construction supply, you have one in Livmo, ask for a couple of bearing plate washers. They are 5/16" or 3/8" thick, with holes punched in them already. IIRC I used a 5/8" or 3/4" machine bolt, either way they will have heavy plate washers with the correct size hole. Cost is maybe a buck each (don't pay more, if you do, contact me to fix that problem). Plate washer on the bearing, plate washer on the trailing arm opposite, thread a bolt through, hit it with an impact. Should pull the bearing in like butter, it did mine.

-John

Erik@EDGE
02-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Thanks John. Vic had a helluva time with the one bushing, but he got the other in there with minimal effort and not too many problems. Thanks for the advice on parts, I will check out Orco.

Jim O.
02-12-2003, 12:49 AM
The GC RTAB's are made to a fairly tight tolerance - unfortunately, it means that it may be tough to fit them into arms where the hole is on the small side of the allowable range. On my car, I had to use a flap wheel on one trailing arm to get the GC bearing to fit. The other side fit just fine without having to do any more than clean up the bore a bit with some emery cloth.

Jim

badmonkey
02-12-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by 95 MPWR
Thanks John. Vic had a helluva time with the one bushing, but he got the other in there with minimal effort and not too many problems. Thanks for the advice on parts, I will check out Orco.

Well, having one GC bearing half installed didn't hurt Vic's Sunday at Candlestick :eek:

Jim O.
02-12-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by badmonkey
Well, having one GC bearing half installed didn't hurt Vic's Sunday at Candlestick :eek:
Yep - everyone who drove Vic's car ended up in the top 20 overall times. Not bad when 5 of us drove it, and there were over 300 competitors!

Jim

BGM3
02-12-2003, 01:09 PM
Guys,

What is the difference between the Powerflex RTABs and the OEM ones?

Erik@EDGE
02-12-2003, 01:12 PM
Plexes are basically lifetime and wont flex. Stockers need replacing every 40k or so

cosmos4
02-13-2003, 01:20 AM
i just ordered shocks, springs, RSMs, RTABs and LCABs so lemme know when the next installfest is gonna be, I'll be there for sure.