PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Aftermarket Companies??

SilverBeam
02-04-2003, 03:41 PM
There are quite a few things I want to do to my car, and I'm sick of going though BAS (bastards messed up big time on my performance chip) I know there is a Dinan dealer in Costa Mesa, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend anyone else. Right now the big items on my list are front and rear stress bars, and a suspension kit (which I need to save for) Could anyone recommend someone for these mods? Thanks!

B R
02-04-2003, 05:05 PM
I would advise AGAINST doing any biz with ProParts. I had bad experiences in the past, & know of others as well. Consider yourself warned, if don't take my advice, you will probably be :bawl .

328bimma
02-04-2003, 08:01 PM
hmm... here you go.... eric will hook you up GOOD!

www.supremepowerparts.com

Jerry

SilverBeam
02-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Well the chip works like a charm, there is a drastic improvement of my pick up, and the gears changes much more readily. What happened was that BAS sent my ECU back with a faulty chip, I went to start my car, and my car didn't recognize the chip, or the ECU, or something, and it wouldn't start up. I set it back to them, and it took another week and a half for them to fix it and get a working one back to me. Now it works, but I had to go though hell for it too. I didn't get an apology or anything, which is another reason why I'm pissed off, that and I bought some stuff from them before and they sent me incomplete products; a sunroof wind deflector with no screws, and the wrong HID lights. SO I'm though with them. I'll check into what you guys sent me. It'll take me a long time to save up a few grand, so I want to go with the stress bars (or strut braces, if it matters) now, since I can save for that a lot easier. I checked Dinan, but they are over 200 each, I want to see if I can find them for cheaper.

eurorides
02-04-2003, 10:09 PM
www.evosport.com they are in huntington beach they can do just about anything you want, great shop, only place that gets the pleasure of working on my m coupe.

Black Majik
02-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Check out Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa also...

One more vote for Eric @ SPP. He's hooked me up numerous times before!

If you want any other parts, you can also try and contact Albert @ Tuningwerks to see what he has...

E36M3
02-05-2003, 12:58 AM
Both Evosport and Bullet are good...nice and close too.

Brad at Evosport is very cool

Cattivo328
02-05-2003, 01:08 AM
I second Bullet Performance in CM, they are really nice guys and they give it to you straight. No B.S.

SilverBeam
02-05-2003, 01:13 AM
I was actually planning going to Bullet. I spoke to Eric on the phone when I was thinking about the Dinan chip; he seems like a really nice guy. My boyfriend and I are going to go up there this weekend and see what they have to offer. I'll give everyone an update then. Right now, it looks like I’ll be saving up for the shocks and springs, since that seems to be what these companies recommend doing first, then I'll look into getting some bars after that. In any case, the hundred bucks i have in my bank account (soon to be 50 once I get the oil changed) won't buy me anything. I think I'll start a charity, the "Help Lauren's Car Foundation" all donations will be accepted.

eurorides
02-05-2003, 01:42 AM
ya everyone at evosport is very professional
1(714)731-6040 ask for brad, simon or ben they will take care of you.

SilverBeam
02-05-2003, 03:42 AM
haha, yeah I know. My bank account is pathetic! I'm trying to help that though. Yep, my name is Lauren, funny, in the mix of things, names get forgotten. Those H&R sport springs look promising, does anyone recommend those, or can someone recommend something else? I'll give Evosport a call, maybe tomorrow, I don't know quickly I should pursue this, seeing that I'm, well, broke. But I'll see what they have to offer, and what they recommend anyways.

SilverBeam
02-06-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by segal3
Hey, regarding the BAS chip -

Did it remove the governor (top speed limiter)?
Any increase in rpm redline?
What are most noticeable differences?
You mentioned smoother shifting?
How much faster is the pickup off the line?
Are the "program" settings of the gear selector retained?
How is gas mileage?
Does it idle higher/lower/no difference?

Haha sorry for the load of questions, just a few things I was wondering

~Matt Segal

From what I’ve seen so far: The governor has been removed, but I don't know what the top speed is. Definite increase in the redlines. The most noticeable difference is when I'm coming off the line, but I feel the increase of power whenever I accelerate. I don' know about the program settings, and I didn't notice a big change in my mileage, neither good nor bad. I have a feeling that the mileage might actually be a bit better, but I'll be positive when I need to fill her up. I've already wasted a tank of fuel in her, but my bf drove her for a few hundred miles for Formal, so it was probably driven down. And there is no difference in the idle.

02-06-2003, 09:41 PM
Lauren what high school did you go to?

SilverBeam
02-07-2003, 02:59 AM
Final cost, including shipping: $310 that's an estimate, but it's about it. All that hastle and I didn't even save a hundred bucks... that's a bust, but it was still worth it.

Stickly, I homeschool. It's the only way I can work enough to get all this stuff for my car.

psk145
02-07-2003, 12:18 PM
Im not too fond of bullet. I went there for some problems with a clunking noise I was getting, and they spent more time trying to sell me new rims than diagnosing my problem

you might want to try www.purems.com They got good pricing on things, and they can get tc kline, RD, and ACS stuff too

02-07-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by little740girl

Stickly, I homeschool. It's the only way I can work enough to get all this stuff for my car.

Thought I might have known you. I knew a lauren in high school who drove a 7 series, thought it was you. Anyway, awesome that your into cars.

SilverBeam
02-09-2003, 05:08 PM
I went to Tesoro for about 3 weeks in the beginning of the school year, and capo for a semester, but when I was at Capo I didn't have my license.