PDA

View Full Version : Brake pads for E30 M3??

stuttgart
02-03-2003, 05:25 AM
What kind of brake pads would you guys recommend for E30 M3? I use my car for open track and HPDE events. I am thinking about Hawks HP Plus...

M Rob
02-03-2003, 06:13 AM
I'd highly recommend the axxis ultimates over the HP+ any day. Way less noise and dust and equal track performance. They also have much better cold bite and a flatter torque curve.

However if you do frequent track events you should really consider moving to a dedicated track pad. They will last longer, get rid of most any fade you might have, and if we move you to a Ferodo DS3000, they will suck your eye balls right out when you hit the pedal.

Drop me an email and I'll get you pricing. I offer a 10% discount to all BF.C members.

Rob Birkhead
www.mpactmotorsports.com

EVOIIIM3
02-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Never used the Axis, but have been a Hawk fan for years now! I have used a TON of differant pads, and so far the Hawk HPs and HP+ are GREAT pads!!

The dust is ok, but the bite and modulation are awesome! They work better the hotter they get!

Bry
02-03-2003, 01:57 PM
I also use the HP+ pads and I would reccomend them. They do dust, but they work great. I don't have any experience with other pads, but the HP+ also work well on the street (for being a track/street pad).