PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Info For Gen V Accessories Wanted

jsp98m3
02-03-2003, 02:02 AM
Progress waits for no man. And since I am actually able to produce something besides bad Photoshop vaporware, it is time to do the "next big thing". The next big thing is very likely to be the pinnacle of Daylight Demon Eyes and it will be an accessory for any owner of DDE's. I might even make it fit Herbies kit. Just for fun.

In any case, I own two E36s and there are lots of them over here almost daily. But I could use some opinions from a few trusted E46 owners who wouldn't mind driving by the house and giving me an aesthetic opinion.

All purchasers of DDE Gen V who purchase before the end of February will get this accessory nothing other than shipping. This will be a $75 value and will double the brilliance of Gen V, which already has 800% more lumens than Gen IV.

Testing will begin in 2 weeks and shipments will begin in early March.

So I am looking for about 4 people to come by and give me your opinion on a couple of things. Preferably 2 Halogen owners and 2 Xenon owners. Email me if you are interested in stopping by. The local BMW dealer is already speechless but what do they know? ;)

Also for Gen V, I have located 3 variations of light sources of the highest quality. 3300K, 4200K and 5300K sources are available. 3300K is standard and the 4200K and 5300K light sources are available for a small upcharge or as extras for a bit more.

hatnlvr
02-03-2003, 10:32 AM
OK Jim I haven't even received my Gen V upgrades yet and I'm already dying to see what you have planned here!:clap:

I'm definately in so bring on the goods:clap: :buttrock :clap:

jsp98m3
02-03-2003, 10:35 AM
I need a few people to talk to regarding aesthetics. I know what works and I know what *I* like. but I want to know what all of you want to see.

So if there are local people who can come over and talk with me, I'm getting close to finalizing the thing.

psk145
02-03-2003, 12:40 PM
want me to bring the wife by so she can give her 2 cents?

So does everyone that upgrades/buys the Gen V get this accessory?

jsp98m3
02-03-2003, 04:15 PM
That's the plan. It might cost an extra $5 for upgrade only buyers since I have (as always) priced this to be an almost zero margin upgrade.

Chongus
02-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Jim,

Keep me posted as I want to do the Gen V upgrade and whatnot.

CHONGUS

jsp98m3
02-04-2003, 01:23 PM
I gave the prototyping information to the factory for the E46 since it is easier to understand. They should have a proposal back to me tomorrow. This shouldn't take long. Once the protos are done for the E46 then the mechanical design people will have a much easier time understanding the more complex E36 and E38 applications.

This is something that will revolutionize DDE. It's that good. It's what I always wanted to do but didn't have the time and funding to accomplish.

hatnlvr
02-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Definately sounds good.:clap: :clap:

I just hope all of our current equipment will be compatible.:12:

jsp98m3
02-04-2003, 01:54 PM
This will go on anything back to Gen II. Only Gen V owners will get it for essentially the cost of shipping. For previous Gen owners, I will have to charge for it.

PBalla
03-13-2003, 05:10 PM
DId the LL DDE vs. Gen V DDE competition ever take place?

hatnlvr
03-13-2003, 09:52 PM
Any update on the Lumex Enhanced technology for all us Gen V guys?:dunno

94is
03-14-2003, 02:30 AM
Hmm, I will have to ask Jim when I see him. He's been so busy, I work for him and never see him! I can't even remember the last time he posted on these boards.....

03-14-2003, 06:03 AM
I just got my GEN V's, they are not visible during the daytime, they are the blue rings. Will this help daytime visibility? Also, I better get it for just shipping, because, I'm special and stuff!

94is
03-14-2003, 11:24 AM
Well basically all Jim charges is his cost and shipping as to not overcharge anybody. I know that my GenV's aren't really visible during the day either, but I think it is because I tried some random 'white' bulb. Looks pretty good at night but the xenons overpower them. We just got new bulbs in yesterday, maybe that will do the trick. I'm not sure about the blue rings though, I've never used them. I think Ed has them in his car. I'll try the new bulbs today and let you know how much better they look. :D

jsp98m3
03-14-2003, 08:04 PM
Blue rings are much less visible during the day. Not much you can do about it when you tint the light to closely mimmick daylight. If you put in clear rings they will be very, very visible.

BMWPARTPRO
03-15-2003, 03:19 AM
i know you're not talking about us jim? your friendly neighborhood parts pal.;)

jsp98m3
03-15-2003, 09:46 AM
??? Is this Larry or Ray? What are you talking about? As usual, I'm lost. :)