PDA

View Full Version : Need help/opinion (cross posted in OT)

M3PanzerfaustM3
01-30-2003, 06:16 PM
So, yet another stealer problem. Here it comes; I usually go to my local stealer (WEATHERFORD BMW in Berkeley) for work to be done under CPO. The service has been less than satisfactory EVERY time I've been there but since other dealerships are much farther I thought I'd stick it out and just deal with it. That was my first mistake. Second, about a month before my CPO expired (three months ago) I went in to get a ticking under the valve cover taken care of. They replaced the VANOS unit and a chain tensioner and told me everything was good to go (like an f***ing idiot I took their word for it and went on my way). Last week I had a local BMW shop replace my fluids and do a routine check on the car. Lo and behold the mechanic tells me that I have a strange noise coming from under the valve cover. I went to check for myself and the noise is exactly the same as the one I took my car in for three months ago. Keep in mind that my CPO is now expired. I go back to WEATHERFORD and the service manager tells me that since it's been three months they are not going to do anything about it because it is "strange" that I didn't come earlier. Granted, I should have checked but on the other hand I am not a mechanic and I feel it is their responsibility to "check". Now, my question is what can I do about this, who can I contact and how can I get this resolved.

Thanks in advance for the input.