PDA

View Full Version : Shooting scenes? What about chase scenes?

John B.
03-05-2001, 09:08 PM
My vote has to go to "Gone in 60 Seconds" for the best chase scene. . .

Angelina Jolie and fast cars. . .what else is there?

Black Majik
03-05-2001, 10:10 PM
Well, Gone in 60 seconds definitely has my vote... but that's a lil' obvious...

another favorite of mine for chase scene goes out to the M5 scene in "Ronin"

those two are my favorites...

V Shah
03-05-2001, 10:39 PM
I thought Gone in 60 Seconds's chase scene was kind of weak, especially since the original movie had a 40 minute chase scene in it.

But Ronin definitely gets my vote as having the coolest chase scene. Even though it wasn't a real M5 in all the shots, an awesome scene nonetheless.

Joey325i
03-05-2001, 10:46 PM
I'd have to agree Gone in 60 Seconds was totally awesome, but Ronin was soooo tight with the e-brake. Man that was cool!

Black Majik
03-06-2001, 12:43 AM
how about that reverse 540 they did with that old burgundy mercedes in ronin, when they put that shit in reverse and pull out of the parking space. That takes mad skill!

V Shah
03-06-2001, 01:27 AM
That car is a MBZ 420SEL 6.9, yah that's right, 6.9 LITERS of pure power! We used to have one of those, and let me tell you, it was smooth. It was the fastest road car MBZ produced. It could do 160mph with 4 passengers with ease. Absolutely nuts for late 70s technology.

Anfanger
03-06-2001, 01:57 AM
Best chase scenes?

1) THE chase from Bullitt
2) GT500 chase from Gone In 60 Seconds
3) M5 chase from Ronin

*If you have never seen Bullitt, you do not deserve to drive a car :) . Go out and buy it or rent it, just for the chase scene if you want. I guarantee youll enjoy it, if youre really a true car buff ;) .

Lopaka
03-06-2001, 02:41 AM
Man, we must be speed junkies. There are a lot of car chases that come to mind, but can't remember the names. At the top has got to be Gone in 60 Seconds. The next one is Obviously Ronin. How 'bout something diff? What 'bout all those James Bond flicks ? Tomorrow Never Dies w/ the silver 740. I also used to love all the Smokey and the Bandit movies, and no I'm not a redneck. =) *Gomer Pyle voice* Well Golly, now I'm gonna try to remember all those other car chase movies I loved.

mpbmw318is
03-06-2001, 03:08 AM
Jon- you read my mind- i'd have to say bullitt as the all time best, with ronin in a close second. as for gone in 60- the new one isnt too good, even the chase scenes are kinda weak- for the best go with Bullitt, and for some awesome race scenes check out Grand Prix

BimmerXTC
03-06-2001, 09:39 AM
We forgetting something here, guys. How about the chase scene in the Rock, with the Ferrari, and the Hummer. Not to mention all the cop car flying around for an added bonus :D

cek2
03-06-2001, 09:53 AM
I vote for 'Bullitt'

eurospeed
03-06-2001, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by mpbmw318is
Jon- you read my mind- i'd have to say bullitt as the all time best, with ronin in a close second. as for gone in 60- the new one isnt too good, even the chase scenes are kinda weak- for the best go with Bullitt, and for some awesome race scenes check out Grand Prix

Exactly! I'm waiting for Grand Prix to be released on DVD and I hope they do a good job remastering it!

PECivil
03-06-2001, 12:09 PM
Anfanger
Yes your are right about Bullet! its the best.
No 2 is no doubt Ronin. But Deniro is so bad he wins over Steve McQueen anyway!!
But HEY don't you all remember the scene in the mall in
the original Blues Brothers where they F**KUP that place?? I still laugh my ass off watching that!!!!

Lopaka
03-06-2001, 12:57 PM
Since we're talking about race movies, has anyone heard of a street car racing movie coming out this year. I was at the LA autoshow in Jan. and there were these suped out supra's they were selling from the movie. I think the cost of the supra's were $80k+. I talked to a guy there and he said they were editing the movie and should be out late this year. Can't remember the name of the movie.

V Shah
03-06-2001, 01:43 PM
The name of that movie, Lopaka, is "The Fast and the Furious." It should be out in summer some time. Supposed to be all imports, although I've heard that the chase scenes are really good.

Does anyone know if Bullitt, Grand Prix, or Le Mans is available on DVD? These are on my list of "to see" movies.

eurospeed
03-06-2001, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by V Shah
Does anyone know if Bullitt, Grand Prix, or Le Mans is available on DVD? These are on my list of "to see" movies.

Bullitt is out in two forms, the plain DVD and the Collectors Edition ($$). Regarding Grand Prix and Le Mans, I have no idea when they will become available, but they are on my list as well.

Also, check here for best prices and availability:
http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dvdhtml2

mpbmw318is
03-06-2001, 04:01 PM
well, i work at movie store, so i'll you guys know when those come out on DVD.

themadhatter
03-06-2001, 07:05 PM
mpbmw,

let me know when Bullit comes out on DVD.

thanksky :)

eurospeed
03-06-2001, 07:33 PM
madhatter, read my post above his. ;)

Kordos
03-09-2001, 04:50 PM
I think Ronin is leagues above both Bullitt and Gone In 60 Seconds.

Bullitt was ok, just saw it a few nights ago on AMC, but the chase is really drawn out.

Gone In 60 Seconds was really disappointing to me - C&D was saying it was going to be better than Ronin, and all it had was a bunch of nice cars being driven into trailers and garages.

The GT500 scene is just bizzare, that part where he pushes the nitrous button to somehow overcome his car's 110mph rev-induced speedlimit and go to 200 and beat the helicopter? Whatever. Jumps, etc -- might as well be Dukes of Hazzard. Maybe I need to see it again... but I dunno.

Ronin, on the hand, is a masterwork. No special effects bullshit, no accellerated film (both of the above used acceleration in parts). Just really awesome drivers and stunt coordinators. That part where the S8 plows into the curbside cafe, ouch!

I really wish something would come out with better chases than Ronin, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

-Kordos