PDA

View Full Version : Lowering my top...Help?!

utopia13
03-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Ok...so I want to finally put my top down. There is nothing in the manual as to how to release the rear deck to drop it in. Mine isn't a motorized top. There must be some sort of release to lift that back deck, but I can't find it! :(

MParallel
03-13-2007, 03:46 PM
If yours is manual, the rear "door"card pannels should have the same style release handles as the door release handles. Pull both sides to unlock the cover.

utopia13
03-13-2007, 04:03 PM
If yours is manual, the rear "door"card pannels should have the same style release handles as the door release handles. Pull both sides to unlock the cover.

Ok...I had been on the passenger side LOOKING all over! There was just the one release on the drivers side hidden behind the seatbelt!!

You've been so helpful several times...so thx for your patience!

Wahoo! Can't wait to leave work & take a drive!:redspot

BaronS
03-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Have fun with the top down! I just came home from school with the top down, first top down day this season, It's great 82 and sunny. I almost wish my top was manual, I have to stop mine and fold it in sometimes...

MParallel
03-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Ok...I had been on the passenger side LOOKING all over! There was just the one release on the drivers side hidden behind the seatbelt!!

You've been so helpful several times...so thx for your patience!

Wahoo! Can't wait to leave work & take a drive!:redspot

Ah I see. e36 must have been smart and only one release handle on the drivers side to unlock both latches. Sounds obvious as you don't need to walk over to the other side.

IIRC you did need do to this on the e30, but not sure now anymore.

And always glad to be helpfull ;)

palomino
03-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Ah I see. e36 must have been smart and only one release handle on the drivers side to unlock both latches. Sounds obvious as you don't need to walk over to the other side.

IIRC you did need do to this on the e30, but not sure now anymore.

And always glad to be helpfull ;)im pretty sure the e30 only had one release handle as well. or maybe they changed it midway through that generation.

utopia13
03-13-2007, 07:22 PM
It was about 78* here so I ran home & gave her a quick bath & went out for a drive! This is my first convertible & I couldn't have found a better choice. Cruzin past all the minivans & whatnot...hahahaha!

VVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!

I'm so happy I found this site! Now I just can't wait to actually help someone else out with their problems & questions....gotta give back!!! :cool

MParallel
03-13-2007, 10:16 PM
It was about 78* here so I ran home & gave her a quick bath & went out for a drive! This is my first convertible & I couldn't have found a better choice. Cruzin past all the minivans & whatnot...hahahaha!

VVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!

I'm so happy I found this site! Now I just can't wait to actually help someone else out with their problems & questions....gotta give back!!! :cool

Great! once a vert, always a vert. :D