PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from the Bay Area going?

Keith
01-20-2003, 12:20 PM
Hey Keith!

Here is the info sent to everyone.

"Here are details on the upcoming meet.

When: The meet will begin at 11:00am on January 25, 2003.
Where: We will be meeting at the Marina Green parking lot in San Francisco. If, for some reason, you don't know where that is... feel free to email. It is a few blocks north of the Palace of Fine Arts, right on the water, and in clear view of the Golden Gate Bridge.

The meet will last until 1:30pm. Between 11:00 - 1:30, we can meet, catch-up, check out various mods, discuss upcoming track days (for those that do), and other fun stuff.

OH yes... and have LUNCH!
Certainly Chestnut St. a few blocks away from the Green has any number of fabulous restaurants to grab a lighter meal or full blown brunch (Judy's, Pluto's, Andiamos, Andales, etc.)
However, I would encourage everyone to bring a picnic lunch and a frisbee or football. Hell... bring the kids... why the heck not?!?! At present, weather report is clear skies...

After lunch Drive: At 1:30pm, we will be taking those that would like to go for a drive along the coast, down Hwy 1, through Pacifica and Half Moon Bay. For those that need to leave us after this part of the scenic drive, you can cut back over to 280/101 and head home. But for those that would like an extended drive, we will be continuing on over Skyline Blvd. fun Fun FUN!!!! Good views, and excellent places to take photos of the ride.

South Bay Caravan: Kesh and I have a South Bay Caravan for those coming from that area. We will be meeting at the southern most corner of the Stanford Shopping Center parking lot (just outside of Piatti's restaurant along El Camino Real) at 10:00am SHARP!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. As Rick (S4Play) pointed out, there is a euro meet taking place in SLO the same day, but I have already heard from any number of you that will be attending this meet... I think it will definately be a fun time! Bring your BMW friends, or //M enthusiasts... all are welcome. And if any of your friends would like to bring their ferrari, lotus, or viper... they are welcome as well. ; ) (Nick, John, Par...etc...)

Bryan"

See you there!!!
Bryan

Thinking of going, have nothing else going on and the weather is supposed to be nice.

Keith

CABimmer
01-20-2003, 12:22 PM
Sounds awesome, but a little to far for me.

Cliff3
01-20-2003, 02:59 PM
Highway 1's a nice drive, but I'm hoping to spend Saturday with my new porter cable and some polish repairing some vandalism.

shragon
01-20-2003, 05:06 PM
what kinda meet is this?

iwannadinanm3
01-20-2003, 05:09 PM
yeah what kinda meet is this? maybe i'll have my friends come to this one since it's closer.

Keith
01-21-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by shragon
what kinda meet is this?

Bay Area Bimmerbash III: Return of the //M
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the first huge Bay Area meet of 2003! Meet will start at 11:00am. We will chat, go for a drive, grab some lunch, and follow that up with another drive. Routes and meeting points are currently being explored. More information to come soon!!!

eMail: bmk@wsblaw.net or drpepper@attbi.com
Web Site:
Event Dates: 1/25/2003

Rob, I got this from Roadfly upcoming BMW Events.:buttrock
I emailed the contact name and what I posted, was sent back to me via email.

Keith

shragon
01-21-2003, 03:00 AM
cool cool, thanks for the info keith.

i'll have to see. running out of miles on my brakes. gotta last til feb 1st to get my brakes done.

moku
01-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Don't really know anyone, but I'd be willing to go... It would be kind of nice to meet some folks from the board and around the way.

e28Jay
01-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Keith
Bay Area Bimmerbash III: Return of the //M
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the first huge Bay Area meet of 2003! Meet will start at 11:00am. We will chat, go for a drive, grab some lunch, and follow that up with another drive. Routes and meeting points are currently being explored. More information to come soon!!!

eMail: bmk@wsblaw.net or drpepper@attbi.com
Web Site:
Event Dates: 1/25/2003

Rob, I got this from Roadfly upcoming BMW Events.:buttrock
I emailed the contact name and what I posted, was sent back to me via email.

Keith

Keith you know what Bay Bimmerz will do to TRADERS

:behead:

M3PanzerfaustM3
01-21-2003, 06:37 PM
This is perfect. I was not too happy about having to go to San Louis Obispo especially since I just got back from LA. Count me in.

Keith
01-21-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by e28Jay

Trader, this is something you should of been on top of, you know, being a Bay Bimmerz Rep and all. :laugh
This sounds like a Bimmer get together and since I have Bimmer and nothing else to do that day AND the weather is supposed to be nice, I thought I would take a drive!
That is if it's ok with you! :laugh SHEESH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anybody would like to go for a drive, please contact me here, or pm me and we can figure out a meeting spot.
I'm in Pleasanton and will being heading out thru Castro Valley then 580 thru Oakland to the Bay Bridge.
If not, I can cruise by myself, I'm a big boy.:babyd

Keith:cool:

shragon
01-21-2003, 07:38 PM

.......... :lol: .......... :headshot:

iwannadinanm3
01-21-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Keith
Trader, this is something you should of been on top of, you know, being a Bay Bimmerz Rep and all. :laugh
This sounds like a Bimmer get together and since I have Bimmer and nothing else to do that day AND the weather is supposed to be nice, I thought I would take a drive!
That is if it's ok with you! :laugh SHEESH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anybody would like to go for a drive, please contact me here, or pm me and we can figure out a meeting spot.
I'm in Pleasanton and will being heading out thru Castro Valley then 580 thru Oakland to the Bay Bridge.
If not, I can cruise by myself, I'm a big boy.:babyd

Keith:cool:

lol, yes u are a big boy :laugh... i'll see if i can have me and bono come by wit me driving his 325i again, if not i prolly wont come, save it for the brewery meet.

Dinan330ic
01-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Damnit Omied, you're a bad influence to Bono.

iwannadinanm3
01-21-2003, 09:33 PM
Bono, who's bono, dunno no bono

oh yeah the kid who got in trouble...

///RBR
01-21-2003, 10:01 PM

:biglaughb

And yes, Keith, we all know that you are a big boy. J/K :D

So, is this meet organized by another group here in the Bay??? Open to all car models???

Rommel

Keith
01-21-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ///RBR
:biglaughb

And yes, Keith, we all know that you are a big boy. J/K :D

So, is this meet organized by another group here in the Bay??? Open to all car models???

Rommel

Sorry, all I know is what you read at the begining of this thread.
It seems to be an Mclub to me, but I could be wrong.
As it says towards the bottom, all BMW's welcome.
My suggestion was, myself and others take a nice drive, hell, it could be somewhere other SF, it's supposed to be a nice day!
My wife is working, so I need to go do something, forgive me for suggesting hooking up with others than the "Bay Bimmerz" clan.:dunno

Keith

shragon
01-21-2003, 11:29 PM
lol, it's all good keith, just giving you a hard time. i would go if i could.

DiScoTeknix
01-22-2003, 01:51 AM
i have to work:(

e28Jay
01-22-2003, 10:03 AM
Keith! We're just giving you a bad time bro. No worries.

Kaisake
01-25-2003, 01:27 AM
Up Up and away!!! :redspot ;)

frKENm3
01-25-2003, 04:34 AM
sounds like fun...hopefully i can make it

shragon
01-27-2003, 12:20 AM
how was it?

Keith
01-27-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by shragon
how was it?

Hey Rob, I sent all the pictures to Cliff and asked him to post here for me.
Cliff emailed me back and said he will post tomorrow, they will be listed under Bimmerbash 2003 Pictures.

I about died when a E34 like mine showed up with a super charger.
In fact, the guy who owns this car, gave me a ride (in his '01 M3) home after I blew a heater hose on my car.Thanks again Doug, I owe you!

Thanks again to my main man Gregory Schultz for hooking me up with his AAA "Plus" card.
Tomorrow, I will be changing my AAA Towing from "Classic' (5 mile tow) to "Plus" (100 mile tow) I actually thought I had "Plus" already!

Check out pictures soon, Keith

shragon
01-27-2003, 01:26 AM
e34 with supercharger?!??!

sorry to hear about your car.

somebody on bimmer.info saw your guys' drive down hwy 1.

i'll be looking foward to the pics.

M3PanzerfaustM3
01-27-2003, 02:10 AM
I missed the drive after the bowling alley in Pacifica (wife called and cancelled the rest of my day :( ). That SCd 540 was fast as hell. At one point I tried to pass but no go. There was also an early 90s 325 (bored out to 3l, if I remember correctly) with an AA turbo kit (~385 rwhp) that will make me think twice before trying to pull with confidence on another 325. I was a bit disappointed that there weren't more e36s.