PDA

View Full Version : Schroth quickfit belts in a vert

nordique14
02-19-2007, 04:04 PM
The E36 Schroth quickfit belts can be used in a convertible. The coupe belts work in a vert (the convertible is not listed as one of the models). The driver's side belts require an additional part...the female adapter from the passenger side rear.

Just thought I would pass the info along in case anyone was thinking of getting them in their vert.

rasher
02-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Could you elaborate a little about the problems you were solving with these belts? My drivers side retracts real slow and I was thinking about replacing. Is this what I need?

nordique14
02-19-2007, 05:19 PM
The Schroth quickfit belts are 4-point belts. They use stock mounting points and can easily be removed if you need to have someone in the back seat. Here are some pics and the install instructions:
http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/store/schroth/street-legal/quickfit

The quickfit belts for the coupe plug use the female recepticle from the center seat. Since the verts do not have a center seat, you will need to use the female adapter that is also used for the rear passenger side.

millertimebmw03
02-19-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm looking to get a set before may,.... CAN'T WAIT!

jorbon
02-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Just put them into mine in January-

Another nice thing for us older folks is they come out in 20 seconds... When I'm not on the track or autocross, I don't have to look like I'm trying to be 'boy racer'...

millertimebmw03
02-22-2007, 11:19 PM
ha ha, how much? 250 each right?

jorbon
02-23-2007, 12:49 PM
ha ha, how much? 250 each right?

Yeah- I think that's about right-

ChipB
07-09-2009, 12:42 PM
This thread is a couple of years old, but I'm wondering what experiences people have installing the Schroth Quick Fit into their E36 convertibles? All the web sites I can find about this harness specifically state that the product is not approved for use in the cabrio, but if all it needs is an extra adapter for the driver's side rear mounting, what's the issue? I am considering this for auto-cross purposes, not high speed track use. Also, if anyone can share photos of their install - specifically showing the attachment points - that would be great. TIA.

jorbon
07-09-2009, 12:53 PM
This thread is a couple of years old, but I'm wondering what experiences people have installing the Schroth Quick Fit into their E36 convertibles? All the web sites I can find about this harness specifically state that the product is not approved for use in the cabrio, but if all it needs is an extra adapter for the driver's side rear mounting, what's the issue? I am considering this for auto-cross purposes, not high speed track use. Also, if anyone can share photos of their install - specifically showing the attachment points - that would be great. TIA.
Works just fine in mine-with the extra adapters. And the (very safety-concious / vigilant / knowledgeable) local BME CCA chapter approved my setup for hdpe's as well, so it's probably pretty safe.

trayson
07-13-2009, 03:08 AM
The link is outdated, but anyone that knows anything about 4 or 5 point setups should know that the attachment point for the shoulder belts needs to be no more than 4 or 5 inches below your shoulders. By mounting the attachment points lower than that (like at the base of the rear seats which is what sounds like being described here) you are risking having the seat belts pull DOWN on your shoulders and give you a spinal compression. I.E. Paralized or Dead.

There's a REASON why every legitimate 4 or 5 point setup you will see will involve a shoulder belt attachment bar that goes behind the seats at shoulder height or just barely below.