PDA

View Full Version : Defective CD43 Head Unit

Cory
02-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I bought a CD43 Business CD head unit from a forum member who assurred me that it worked, but it doesn't and he refuses to reverse the transaction. It powers up fine, but there's no audio. I've found a few reputable technicians who are competent in its repair. One, in particular, is very reasonable, very good and very reassurring.
I was going to swap out my stock head unit and exchange my CD changer for a DICE HD Radio Unit, but I've already wasted $125 with an installer and car rental and then another $125 in the loss in selling this at less than I paid (or about the same to get it repaired) and some major time wasted so I'm just cutting my losses and moving on. My car is mechanically spectacular so I'll just keep the sound system as is and not spend another dime on it (which is fine).
Asking $250 shipped and you've got a very nice head unit that will be perfect with a bit of care. Please don't hesitate to inquire with any questions at all and thank you for looking.
corsteiner@aol.com , PM or (215) 321-2329.

Cory
02-13-2007, 12:22 PM
I just sent this off for a total overhaul to one of the best techs in the country. My preference would be to not touch my car at this point so this unit's still for sale. Repaired I'll ask $375 shipped and I'll soon have it back. I'll likely use it if it doesn't sell and then put my C43 and CD changer up for sale at that time. Thanks.