PDA

View Full Version : Announcing: InstallFest 2 = MPact Saturdays!

M Rob
01-17-2003, 03:09 PM
MPact Motorsports is happy to announce "MPact Saturdays" and the formation
of the MPact Upgrade Support Team.

Following in the tradition of the first RTAB InstallFest, MPact Motorsports will be hosting monthly (and maybe more if demand dictates) events dedicated to providing the local BMW enthusiasts with all that they need to perform the most common upgrades and maintenance work on their cars.

Don't have the right tools? No place to work on your car? Intimidated of not being able to finish the job in time? Not mechanically inclined but tired of paying shop rates?

No problem. Come on over to MPact Saturdays. We have the tools, the space, and the knowledge you need to get it done right. The MPact Upgrade Support Team is comprised of some of the most knowledgeable BMW enthusiasts in Northern California. We will help you do the job right and at less than 1/2 the price of even the independent shops!

All your excuses for not upgrading or maintaining your high-performance machine are over. Welcome to the revolution.

M Rob
01-17-2003, 03:22 PM
MPact Saturdays FAQs:

Q. So when does all this start?
A: Feb. 1st will be the first event. Location and time will be announced soon.

Q. How will it work?
A. The format will be as follows: Each MPact Saturday will highlight one or two specific upgrades or maintenance items. We will offer special pricing and offers on parts installed that day. Other upgrades/maintenance items requested for that day will be taken by appointment only. Email: install@mpactmotorsports.com for inquiries.

Q. What will be the focus for the Feb. 1st event?
A. Feb. 1st will highlight RTAB and brake pad installs.

Q. What will pricing be?
A. $100 for RTAB installs, $40(front only)/$60(all 4 wheels) for brake pad installs, and $20 for brake bleed/flush.

Q. What do I get for my money?
A. The right tools, location, expert advice, food, discounts on parts are included with every install. For brake installs, we will do everything. Simply show up and help us take the wheels off, etc but we will handle all labor. For RTAB installs, we will handle to tough technical work, while you will handle the basics (tire removal, installation, etc.).. All other installs not highlighted that day will be billed @45/hr.

Q. What will the special pricing on parts be?
A. It will vary from event to event. For Feb. 1st, all brake pads will be 15% off. Email info@mpactmotorsports.com for your fitment pricing. For RTAB special pricing will be announced soon! *NOTE* You must email us and pay in advance for all parts we will be installing that day to guarantee that your parts will be there!

Q. Who is on the M.U.S.T.(MPact Upgrade Support Team)?
A. We pull from a wide-range of resources but our dedicated team members are: Kit Wetzler, Erik Lind, Gordon White, & Rob Birkhead.

Q. How do I sign-up?
A. Email install@mpactmotorsports.com and instructions will be provided regarding appointments, payment info, etc.

Thanks to all who make these days possible for all of us! I look forward to meeting you.

Erik@EDGE
01-17-2003, 03:32 PM
This is it guys! We have 6 People who have already expressed interest, so keep them coming. Feel free to email either MRob or myself with any questions.

325ISjigga
01-17-2003, 03:38 PM
is this a Nor Cal event? if so how far is it away from LA? thanks

Chongus
01-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Need location. I will make arrangements to get feb 1 off. will let everyone know soon.

CHONGUS

M Rob
01-17-2003, 03:47 PM
Location will be NorCal but we welcome everyone!

Right now it is looking like Livermore but we'll confirm in a few days.

umnitza
01-17-2003, 05:54 PM
I'm IN!!!

volfman
01-17-2003, 06:08 PM
I would be in, except that I'll be in San Diego that weekend. Damn you guys! Hrm, maybe I can reschedule my trip to socal... :devillook

GQ_Style
01-17-2003, 07:19 PM
In. Already emailed.

e28Jay
01-17-2003, 08:03 PM
The evites have been sent. If you would like an evite and did not receive one please email baybimmerz@hotmail.com

BiMaW
01-17-2003, 09:29 PM
do you need anymore M.U.S.T members on the team?

jpaek421@attbi.com

-Justin

M325M
01-17-2003, 10:06 PM
What exactly is the format of this event? Do we come and do the work ourselves and you guys provide expertise? Or do I just bring my car and you guys work on it? I'd be interested in getting some M3 swaybars installed for my car.

M Rob
01-17-2003, 10:37 PM
M325M,

The level of work performed depends on the part being installed.

For brakes, we do it all. For RTAB, we do the hard parts, you do the simple work (jacking the car up, taking off shock, wheels etc) with our help as needed.

For all other parts, it is taken on a case by case basis. If you want us to do the work, expect ~$45/hr + any special tool rental fees. If you want to help out then we'll work out some flat fee.

Contact me at install@mpactmotorsports if you want more info.

Rob

DakarDave
01-18-2003, 12:42 AM
Will you consider installing a boost/egt gauge?

Looking into getting a SPA dual EGT/boost gauge and have been shopping around for a place to get it installed.

-Dave

Chongus
01-18-2003, 03:07 AM
I need my UUC short shifter, UUC TME w/ tranny mounts installed, my UUC pedals and ZKW elipisoid lights w DDE's installed also. I simply do not have time to do it myself and would gladly pay someone to do the work. The $tealer and local shops want too much money. Can you guys take care of this???

CHONGUS

M Rob
01-18-2003, 03:42 AM
DakarDave, Chongus, et al...

You guys are getting the idea...most of what you all mentioned we can do. Email install@mpactmotorsports.com for an appointment and we'll work out a time.

Rob

Keith
01-18-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by M Rob
DakarDave, Chongus, et al...

You guys are getting the idea...most of what you all mentioned we can do. Email install@mpactmotorsports.com for an appointment and we'll work out a time.

Rob

Hey Rob, Keith here (Black 540 from RTAB install at Erik's house) Question, it seems that everything discussed is in regards to the E36 cars and E36 M3's, are these the only BMW models you guys want to deal with (in regards to parts and installs)?

I really need to get my sub-frame bushings replaced and am interested in talking to you about this, if it's something that you can do? :dunno

Thanks, Keith:cool:

Erik@EDGE
01-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Bring your car byu my place one evening during the week of the 27th and I'll take a look and figure out if out tool will do the job.

umnitza
01-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Actually, Erik is quite adempt at installing the DDEs:)

Bernman
01-18-2003, 08:18 PM
Getting the old suspension carrier bushing out of the one that I bought was difficult even using the hydraulic press at work. It will probably take some muscle with a hand powered tool to get these out and in.

If you need to see a suspension carrier out of the car, you can look at the one that I have waiting to be installed...sigh. Where does all the time go ;)

Chongus
01-19-2003, 04:02 PM
How much are the Power flex RTAB's??? I'm in for a set Rob. Even if I do not make it to the fest, I will pay for a set. Most likely I will be there at Erik's house. I will get payment out to you on that V12 Alpine amp toinght. If possible, I would like to pay for the Amp and RTAB's at the same time

CHONGUS

M Rob
01-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Congradulations to Chongus for being our first confirmed slot for RTAB on Feb. 1st.

Time slots will fill up fast, don't forget to lock in your spot!

Rob

shragon
01-20-2003, 01:56 AM
i just got the evite for this event, however have a few questions...

1) is this event limited to e36's only?

2) i need a brake job, but i need to replace my rotors as well. i have all the parts in my trunk (rotors, pads, sensors, anti-sqeul). can this be done, and if so, how much?

thanks,
rob

M Rob
01-20-2003, 02:03 AM
Shragon,

No this is not an E36 only event. We are just highlighting their RTAB. But for brakes we are open.

We can certainly do your pad/rotor install. On the 1st we will have special pricing: $40 front/$60 all four wheels.

Email install@mpactmotorsports.com to reserve your appointment and I'll email you the details.

Rob

Chongus
01-20-2003, 02:05 AM
This fest is goona be sweeet!!! All these bad ass beemmers chillin at Erik's house. people will think it's a drug dealer convention!

CHONGUS

shragon
01-20-2003, 02:52 AM
thanks for the reply rob! email sent!

Hank
01-20-2003, 09:37 PM
What about alignment? Is there someone near that you know of because I'd be driving around 400 miles each way. Any action on a group buy for powerflex, and would you be open to installing the good kind of adjustable rear trailing arms (forgot who makes them).

Thanks,

Hank

Chongus
01-21-2003, 12:06 PM
What's up on alignments???? I would like to get it done after the RTAB install. The reason is all of us that are comming out of town will be driving 200+ miles that day. I would hate to drive all those miles with a mis-aligned car Erik, Rob can you set us up on some rear alignment jobs after the RTAB install???? Please get back to us.

CHONGUS

M Rob
01-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Powerflex pricing looks like it is gonna be ~$85. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of demand yet, it if picks up I might be able to get a little better pricing but I have at least 5 sets at that price.

Regarding alignments, we are working on that. I hope to have an announcement soon about it. Keep watching for it.

eglee13
01-21-2003, 08:32 PM
i just want to say great service guys !!! what a better way to make a little cash and for people to have their cars done by people who know what the hell is going on !!! keep it up.

umnitza
01-22-2003, 05:39 AM
BTW - this is a great service - look at the video from the first one!!!

INSTALL FEST 1 (http://www.umnitza.com/dde/video/promo/installfest.wmv)

umnitza
01-22-2003, 05:41 AM
13MB

Erik@EDGE
01-22-2003, 07:17 AM
Thanks Matt. I am stuck with 56k until I get to my next hotel tonight, but I look forward to seeing the video. BTW, when are we replacing your RTABs??

Bernman
01-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Nice work Matt. I particularly liked the Mozart(?) :)

If you are going to keep doing this (and I hope you are) a couple of movie lights would really help you out.

Loved it!
Butch

umnitza
01-22-2003, 11:32 AM
Bach - and movie lights would be a BIG help, but hey, so would lots of dinero:D:D

jsp98m3
01-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Could someone post pics of this bushing insertion tool? I'm not that concerned with removal of the bushing. God made Sawzalls for the benefit of mankind.

umnitza
01-22-2003, 11:52 AM
Jim, it's in the video - sorry, I didn't let you know.

jsp98m3
01-22-2003, 11:54 AM
Server go bye-bye???

umnitza
01-22-2003, 03:16 PM
server is working fine

Sonic A
01-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Hi guys,
I am interested in signing up to have having my brakes done! BUT i dont want to do them prematurely, so I just posted some questions regarding my brakes in the maintenace forum. Meanwhile, what kind of prices am i looking at on the aftermarket pads and rotors you sell for a 98 m3? 15% and $60 bucks in labor is awfully tempting.

Would these kind of offers be repeated for brake jobs in the future by M.U.S.T.?

Thanks,

98 M3 - San Jose

M Rob
01-23-2003, 01:04 PM
M3 Axxis Ultimate pads purchased for the event will be:

$64 front
$43 rear

For your rotor needs, contact me at rob@mpactmotorsports.com and we'll talk about it.

We will be repeating the MPact Saturdays but each month will highlight a different upgrade so it maybe some time before do brakes again. Pricing will go up to $50 front and $75 for all four wheels if you want to do it independent of the event.

Thanks,
Rob

Sonic A
01-23-2003, 04:59 PM
Rob - Check ur mail.

Send me time and exact location and I'll be there.

Matt, do you have RSMounts in stock?
If so, bring a pair - i need those (too, to, two).

Erik@EDGE
01-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Jim P. We have since reverse-engineered the removal tool so that the barbaric sawzall is not necessary (honestly,I'll have one around just in case) Given your tool collection, you can probably figure out how to re-install pretty quickly. Can't let out all the secrets, but since you are in a different Geo Market, I can probably be pursuaded to share the quick install method! Email me privately.

Sonic A
01-23-2003, 05:14 PM
Question...do i need to purschase a brake light sensor for this work? Or is the original reuseable?

M Rob
01-23-2003, 05:18 PM
Is the brake light on all the time or only when you apply the brakes?

If it is the latter than we should be able to reuse the sensor. If it is on all the time then you will need a new one.

Sonic A
01-23-2003, 05:29 PM
Actually, it hasnt triggered yet so then i should be ok. I am more concerned about my rotors...

This was about a 1000 miles ago..
F Pads 2.5
R Pads 6mm (plenty left)
F rotors 25.33 mm (26.4 mm is minimum)
R Rotors 17.6 mm (18.4 mm is min)

I heard it wasnt a good idea to put old pads on new rotors and vice versa.

So maybe its too soon to get my brakes done but i figure i'll learn something.

Erik@EDGE
01-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Sonic,

I would do the rotors ASAP, they are pretty thin. You would do pads and rotors all at once.

umnitza
01-27-2003, 01:22 AM
Does anyone have new stock RTAB's?

shragon
01-27-2003, 01:29 AM
has the location been determined yet?

Keith
01-27-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by shragon
has the location been determined yet?

Hey Rob, I believe it's going to be at Erik's house again in Livermore.
I went to the last one, but I don't remember the address, someone will tell you that soon.

Keith

umnitza
01-27-2003, 01:36 AM
Rob, you can email me if you need.

shragon
01-27-2003, 01:43 AM
email sent. :)

Balthazarr
01-27-2003, 02:14 AM
I'd be coming from LA.
Would there be others that would be closer in the near future?
Or are they all going to be in the N.CAL. area?
Bring own tools if I have them? Impact wrench etc.

Hopefully I'll have my new exhaust by that time.
I don't know if it will be installed by then,so would that be something I could get a little help with?
Probably need a spotter to align while i fit.

I have new rotors and pads that have been waiting for installation.
My main question is: How many people do you have room for?
This doesn't take place at somebody's house, I hope.
Space would seem to be very limited.

M Rob
01-27-2003, 12:07 PM
OK, Location is confirmed.

The event will be held in Livermore again. Address will be posted on Thursday and sent to all those who are confirmed via email.

I have a few Powerflex bushings left, price is $85.

I'll post the confirmed list of people soon. There will be 12 RTAB slots and 8 brake job slots. They are filling up fast so sign up soon!

shragon
01-27-2003, 12:53 PM
cool... thanx rob!

M Rob
01-28-2003, 04:13 PM
Announcing Alignment Deal

All MPact Saturday participants are eligible for a discount on a 4-wheel alignment.

Pricing for 5 or more cars will be $65/ea

Individual car pricing is $85.

If you are interested, email me ASAP so we can get you booked.

Erik@EDGE
01-28-2003, 04:13 PM
Thanks Rob! Guys this is a good deal!

Chongus
01-28-2003, 08:42 PM
My passenger rear wheel is slightly bent. Can an alignment still be done accurately? I would like to get my alignment done while I'm up there, but if a bent wheel affects it's accuracy, I'll pass and do it when I get my wheel replaced. Rob, Erik, please advise.

CHONGUS

M Rob
01-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Chongus,

Tell me more about how the wheel is bent and how bad it is. If it is bend at the lip due to a pothole or something then you will be fine with an alignment. Now if the rim is tweaked on the hub, then 1) you shouldn't drive on it...and 2) you should wait. Tell me more about it.

Rob

Chongus
01-28-2003, 09:08 PM
I took it to the stealer and they told me it's driveable. However, I have a different problem. my rear axle is leaking grease on the rear driver side wheel. The metal cap inside the boot has a hole. It cannot be repaired until mon 2/3. I'm going to make a run for the fest on 2/1 and I hope it does not break down on me. I have driven out of town already on the bent wheel and I do believe it's bent on the hub. However, I do not feel any vibration on the wheel and the stealer said my suspension was not bent. I'm praying that I will make it to and back from erik's house this saturday after I install the RTAB's and other stuff. My biggest fear is that I will burn out my rear driver side wheel bearing. Should I chance it and go to erik's or wait???? Please! I need some opinions! Erik, Rob, anyone??

CHONGUS

Erik@EDGE
01-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Based on where it is leaking, it should not effect the wheel bearing too much, the grase is for the upper UJoint. We can check it when you get here and pack it with grease for the ride home.

Chongus
01-28-2003, 11:37 PM
Thanks Erik. You are a godsend. See you Saturday morning.

CHONGUS

Sonic A
01-29-2003, 12:48 AM
Rob,
Were you able to secure better pricing on the rotors? If not thats cool, just wanted to confirm you had them all in stock.

M Rob
01-29-2003, 01:01 AM
I did get a batch of front M3 rotors in for $52/ea. It does save a little bit off my normal pricing.

shragon
01-29-2003, 01:35 AM
i just checked weather.com and they have Scattered Showers forecasted for saturday. hopefully it goes away or doesn't effect installfest 2. :(

Chongus
01-29-2003, 02:57 AM
Rain would suck. I do not drive my car in the rain at all. I have my beater car for that. Anyways, hopefully it will not rain.

Erik@EDGE
01-29-2003, 10:35 AM
Let's keep our fingers crossed

Alpine95
01-29-2003, 04:55 PM
Where are the alignments being done?

Erik@EDGE
01-29-2003, 05:19 PM
Good Ol Big O in Dublin. They do a decent job and are really familiar with BMWs. They have done mine in the past and they aslo set up a couple of AutoX cars for guys in the SCCA. I will be able to provide everyone with BMW Germany "Sport" suspension alignment settings for lowered cars.

I have talked with them and they will do any kind of alignment settings you want.

Erik@EDGE
01-29-2003, 06:12 PM
The weather is looking better and better all the time!

M Rob
01-29-2003, 06:14 PM
Additionally, custom alignments will be available for $80 by Motorsport Techniques in Hayward.

shragon
01-29-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by 95 MPWR
The weather is looking better and better all the time!

alright, just checked weather.com and it says partly cloudy now with a 10% chance of rain. :alright

umnitza
01-29-2003, 07:44 PM
ALLRIGHT WHO is doing the rain dance???? :D

Sonic A
01-31-2003, 03:23 PM
I need an alignment. Do we have 5 people to knock the price down? $65 bucks is a great price.

Custom? I just want mine to factory specs (i dont race, track, etc) I assume they (Big O) do it according to factory specs....back first...then front.

My camber or toe or both must be off. I am burning through tires every 5800 miles.

Lets see....New tires today, new brakes and alignment tomorrow... Damn i better eat Cup of noodle for a month. hehe

Chongus
01-31-2003, 03:26 PM
Weather looking good? I hope it does not rain! That would suck. Damn! I'm leaving @ 4AM because of the severe fog here in the cebtral valley.

CHONGUS

Erik@EDGE
01-31-2003, 03:45 PM
Big O is confirmed. Gordo and I are getting alignments and if Sonic and Chongus get them, we need only one more. I have the factory "Sport" settings for everyone to use if they don't want to use the standard stuff in the computer

Chongus
01-31-2003, 04:00 PM
My wheel is bent, so I do not think I can get an alignment. That is what the $tealer told me. Erik, check it out when I get there in the morning. Maybe I can an alignment, but I'm 75% sure that an alignment for me would be a waste until I replace my wheel.

CHONGUS

Erik@EDGE
01-31-2003, 04:03 PM
We can always let you borrow a wheel to go get an alignment and then you can come back and swap it out. Where is your spare?

Sonic A
01-31-2003, 04:39 PM
Confirm me for the alignment.

e28Jay
01-31-2003, 04:45 PM
Erik I will be taking the 528 to Big O tomorrow to see if they have tires. If they do then will get them installed and get an alignment. But that is only if they have tires for cheap.

Erik@EDGE
01-31-2003, 04:47 PM
COOL, All of the slots are under Erik BMW, but they wont care much. I have been dealing with Jason over there.

My wheels won't be dine until Monday, so I won't be able to show off. When are you going to get your center caps on??

Bernman
01-31-2003, 04:58 PM
Just got back from getting an alignment at Motorsport Techniques. Jack was excellent, and had no problems working with me and my "semi-nonstandard" requests. I will post the numbers in a thread on the E36 forum tonight.

MT gets the big thumbs up from me :)

I will get out to see you guys tomorrow if my family commitments allow.

Have fun!
Butch

Erik@EDGE
01-31-2003, 05:00 PM
Great, hope to see you there, Butch!

umnitza
02-01-2003, 12:54 AM
I'm there, are there any slots open still?

M Rob
02-01-2003, 01:14 AM
We have a 10AM slot.

umnitza
02-01-2003, 01:22 AM
you people are sick!!! :D
I'll be there @ 10ish;)

Chongus
02-01-2003, 07:01 AM
Well, I'm leaving Fresno for Erik's house in 30 min. If I do not make it by 9AM, it means I did not survive the thick valley fog. I hope to be there by 8AM. I hope everyone will be there and awake!

CHONGUS

Bernman
02-01-2003, 12:50 PM
I am out for today :(

Hopefully next time. Erik, maybe we can get together for lunch next week.

Have fun, take pictures! :)

Butch

Erik@EDGE
02-02-2003, 12:08 PM
Butch,

I will let you know on lunch this week. Sounds good to me!

Chongus
02-02-2003, 12:22 PM
It was nice to meet everyone. Erik, Rob thanks. Keep us posted on the next fest if there is one.

CHONGUS

Erik@EDGE
02-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Barry,

It was great meeting you too. Glad to see you made it home safely> See you next time!!

Keith
02-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Hey Eric, no drive today????

Keith

M Rob
02-02-2003, 01:12 PM
Pics of MPact Saturday posted on the review thead.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72444

EDog
02-19-2003, 02:26 AM
When is the next install fest? I might not be able to wait that long, where can I get rotors &pads installed on all four corners for a decent price? Is MPact motorsport a shop I can go to for the install? where is the shop located? thanks

Eric T.

M Rob
02-19-2003, 02:30 AM
MPact Saturday info is coming soon. But we can do the install by appointment if you want. This week is fairly open.

Email me at install@mpactmotorsports.com for info.