PDA

View Full Version : s52 in e36

randytt
02-05-2007, 04:43 PM
i know this has been done a couple times. and im getting more and more interested in a s54 motor swap instead of my initial plan for a turbo'd m52. i like the reliability of a stock n/a motor capable of 300+whp w/o major engine work. so...

my question is if i had a donor car would everything be a direct swap if i just pulled everything off the s54 donor *wire-harness specifically* or would i have to splice the s54 wiring into mine?

i've searched this a couple times and found that some1 spliced the wiring.. but if i did a direct swap would i have to splice?

NHbmw325I
02-05-2007, 05:48 PM
I know someone did the swap in their e36 m3, I saw a vid of it. I think he had a lot of pics somewhere, and he had to modify the wiring harness.

I forget what his user name is, it is something like kazavakia.

sausrigging
02-05-2007, 05:57 PM
kav? used a tech3 to run that car.

randytt
02-05-2007, 08:10 PM
I know someone did the swap in their e36 m3, I saw a vid of it. I think he had a lot of pics somewhere, and he had to modify the wiring harness.

I forget what his user name is, it is something like kazavakia.
yea, i think was one of the first people to run a s54 w/ a stock dme. i want a setup that runs off a stock dme and not aem or tec3. i should probably ask him wat needs to be wired.. but that would be an essay of a response.

i just want to know if its possible to run only the s54 wire harness..

lorkar
02-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Its been done several time now. I'm looking at this myself and supercharging it.check out wee todd did racing dot com. Also check out prostreetonline dot com. A pic of the conversion. This was an old thread from last yr, I'm sure you can search it out.

scabzzzz
02-08-2007, 02:13 PM
sexy.. to bad wetodddidracing is down.