PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Rims.....Help

Khoalty
01-15-2003, 02:25 AM
I am planning to polish my whole rim b/c BBS paint and finish suck if it isn't the polish finish. Any input to where I should go is appreciated.

Thanks
Khoa

MVEED3
01-15-2003, 10:39 AM
For flawless work try Wheel America but they're in LA. I think you can arrange for them to pick up your wheels and the turnaround is fairly quick. Supposedly they have their shop operating 24 hrs a day.

If you want to stay local, I just received a referral to a shop down in El Cajon called US Wheel. I don't have any first-hand experience w/their shop so I can't give you any opinions on their work. I'm planning to visit them soon though. Let me know if you want to cruise down to the shop w/me.

Khoalty
01-15-2003, 01:53 PM
I might go with Wheels America then. Is there a website or number you could give me. Oh....the stongard on my car has to be redone since the guy kinda messed up one minor part. IM me or email me and we can set something up if you want to come chck out my stuff.

Khoa

CarbonBlkE36
01-15-2003, 04:34 PM
khoa, call all star chroming talk to richard, hes the one that chromed all those wheels i have in the showroom, he also does do polishing, tell him ur friends with reza and ray at autotek, im sure he'll take good care of you, and yes its local,

BTW the polished finish will be harder to maintain............ jus so u kno

MVEED3
01-15-2003, 05:31 PM
http://www.fixrim.com/

I had my tires mounted at AJUSA and they scratched 1 wheel. They repaired it through Wheel America and it came out like new. AJ uses Wheel America exclusively.

I did visit US Wheel today and they quoted approx $90/wheel for refinishing. I'll let you know later about the quality of their work.

CarbonBlkE36
01-15-2003, 09:52 PM
khoa i talked to richard today, and asked him, hes the one that drives that triple black SL 500 on the chrome AMGs, he said he'd have to look at them bout 45 bux a wheel, no more than 50 he said i should quote you, i don't know the # off hand tho

Khoalty
01-16-2003, 03:38 AM
Reza,
The price is for the whole entire rims correct?

I know it will be more time to clean the rims, but I seriously don't care no more because BBS paint is crap.

Khoa

CarbonBlkE36
01-16-2003, 12:08 PM
i told him the center piece of the wheel, cuz don't u have the machined lip with the clear coat?? but it shouldn't be much more for the rest, hes good friends with my pops, hit him up, i was thinking of gettin my RXs polished because the finish on them suck too.........

Khoalty
01-16-2003, 01:01 PM
I want to do the whole entire rim, yes I do have a machine lip on my LMs but I seen it done where that part is polished.
I am pretty sure it will be 100 a rim.
I don't have the guys number so I can't call him :)

Khoa

MVEED3
01-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Just got a wheel back from US Wheel and they do quality work as well. They might be able to do your wheels for less than $100/ea because the guy said they drop the price a little when you do more than one wheel. I only did one. He also said he can give an estimate once he sees the wheels.

Khoalty
01-16-2003, 05:39 PM
Which wheels did you redo? ABC Galzens?

MVEED3
01-16-2003, 06:12 PM
One of the HREs brushed up against a curb for some unknown reason:dunno It came back perfect. I'm gonna send in my Glanzens to get redone and maybe someone will by them. I might redo the centers in charcoal. Let's cruise down there tomorrow if you're not doing anything.