PDA

View Full Version : removing the cats... (off road use)

pete
03-05-2001, 12:14 PM
anybody know what must be done to have my lamo obd2 computer not freak out, i don't care if check engine lights up, and i don't really care if it runs a little bit rich.... I can also have Jim Conforti make any custom software I want, his shop is about 45 minutes from my house. All that heppened on my old VW GTI VR6 is that it ran a little rich, and lit up the check engine. anybody that can tell me exactly what happens the BMW's, not just "don't do it, it will mess stuff up"

C.Yang
03-05-2001, 03:38 PM
I think the computer will just turn on the Check Engine light. Besides being real loud, dont think you have too much to worry about. I don't know what you are going to do with the sensors that go inside the cat, but Im sure you've got that figured out. Oh, and offroad my ass.

M3Jokster
03-06-2001, 07:37 PM
also, u will have lots of exhaust fumes in your car......and of course your back bumper and exhaust tip is gonna be very black.

mrhmmhmm
03-10-2001, 01:57 AM
You will not have "lots of" exhaust fumes in your car simply becuase you have no cats. That's ridiculous.

BLOWN///M COMPACT
03-10-2001, 02:34 AM
Get some Dogs

C.Yang
03-10-2001, 04:23 AM
I think what he means is since you will probably be taking off the exhaust behind the cat, the exhausts are going to be discharged under your car. The fumes will "seep" into the car because the gas can just be sitting under the car, and our cars aren't completely airtight

mrhmmhmm
03-10-2001, 11:11 AM
Why did M3jokster say the bumper is going to be black as well as the exhaust tipes if the exhaust is discharging under the car??

pete is going to replace them with straight pipes not remove them and leave the remaining useless portion of his exhaust hanging!!!!