PDA

View Full Version : To: MParallel & other vert owners outside north america

palomino
01-10-2007, 05:22 PM
are your rear windows one-touch up?

is the button for all 4 windows one-touch up?

can you put the top down by holding the key in the door at the unlock position?

have any of you heard of these soft top control modules?

they have a 1-touch up & down module, a module that will allow you to operate the top at speeds up to 30 mph, and a module that lets you control the top with a remote control. all modules can be used alongside the others. they dont ship to the states (they might not ship outside germany, but im not sure) so before i go through the hassle of getting them over here, id like to see how they work.

http://www.reinhold-engineering.de/frames.html

lorkar
01-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Only my driver side is one touch up.....you can get the module for all 4....as well as the upgraded module for remote window and top up/down....I used to see them for sale a lot but not so much the last yr or so....I know a company called bwm security manufactures the aftermarket modules.

MParallel
01-11-2007, 06:26 PM
My vert has:

front window switches: auto up and down, color: yellow
central window switch, auto down only, color: blue
rear window switches, auto down only, color: grey

(auto=one touch)

I would never bother getting any of these modules. My BMW is full of modules and everything is factory and I wouldn't dare messing with it.

Also, the 3~5mph limit for opening the roof isn't there for fun. When the e36 roofs opens it's like a sail.
You can say bye bye to your roof trying to open it @ 30mph.

Even though I have comfort closure...like it says, it's closing only. The roof won't open from the key-in-doorlock. But it does close that way.

But think about it....in what situation would you want to open the roof from outside the car, when you can go sit in it and press a switch?

Now closing is something else. Sometimes during summer I take it for a spin. Roof down. Then I get home and park it with the top still down, 'cause I might go for a drive later.

But then I don't. Now then...I don't have to open the car 1st, turn on the ignition (not sure right now if that is needed) close the roof and get out of the car. Then I just walk to it. Key-in-lock and it closed. Windows too.

And when you would open it, you're gonna take it for a drive anyway (why would you otherwise). Now then, since I'm gonna drive anyway, rather get it so I can start the engine to not drain the battery so much.

MackemX
05-27-2007, 07:41 PM
My vert has:

front window switches: auto up and down, color: yellow
central window switch, auto down only, color: blue
rear window switches, auto down only, color: grey

(auto=one touch)

Even though I have comfort closure...like it says, it's closing only. The roof won't open from the key-in-doorlock. But it does close that way.

But think about it....in what situation would you want to open the roof from outside the car, when you can go sit in it and press a switch?

But then I don't. Now then...I don't have to open the car 1st, turn on the ignition (not sure right now if that is needed) close the roof and get out of the car. Then I just walk to it. Key-in-lock and it closed. Windows too.

I have the same workings on my car but my drivers window seems to stop the windows from closing when I do it via the remote :(. doing it via the key in lock works just fine :)

I disagree about not needing an auto open as I've wanted the roof down before I get in it for years now. I asked this question a couple of years ago but didn't really get that far

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351931

One reason could be parking up and popping into a shop but you don't feel safe leaving the roof down even if it's just for a couple of minutes. That means you have to stand/sit about for 30 secs while it closes and then sit about for another 30 seconds while it opens again. If it was on remote you could be walking towards the shop while it closes and be walking back to car when it's opening. There's also other occasions where it would come in real handy

mine has the comfort close via remote but I have to keep my finger on the button until it closes which again is annoying especially when the signal is broken somehow so it stops.

I'm tempted by that module as 3 presses in 5 seconds to open/close the roof is a pretty cool feature if you ask me ;)

The installation of this module means that you can open/close the roof by your BMW remote Key. The roof will open if you press the open-button of the remote key three times within 5 seconds. To close the roof operates in the same way: press the close-button of the remote key three times within 5 seconds. In case of necessity the opening of the roof can be stopped by pressing the close-button of the remote key. You also can stop the closing by pressing the open-button of the key.

eastfalls
05-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Rock on to all of them. Anything less than 30mph won't rip the top off. I think it would be great to put the top down as the cars moving. Ever get caught in rain while your out with the top down? Plus everything that MackemX said about the top opening when you walk out to the car, and closing when you're walking away. What other car do you know of that can do that???