PDA

View Full Version : if you had my car.

01-07-2007, 10:43 PM
if you had my car, what would you do to it? its an auto, brand new yokohama es100s, the paint and body is good except the clear coat is peeling in a few spots, interior is good, leather is looking weathered and the passenger seat has a six inch tear in it from people kneeling in the seat. mechanicaly it checks out. the headlights are clear after wetsanding and polishing, but do like the angel eyes.

tthings im considering

-the eye lashes that have the notches in them like the e46.
- head lights
-corners
- m3 bumpers
-side skirts
-new seats or seat covers
-e46 kidney grill
- chip
-exhaust
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/882001/bmw003.jpg

jasontn
01-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Personally... I like it the way it is. The things you are talking about can be great weekend projects. I too like the angel eyes and may upgrade at sometime. However, I am more of a "stock" guy than a bunch of mods...but to each his own. I also have the alpine white..except black interior. Six inch tear in my seat too. Nice lookin ride!

German Pride 10
01-07-2007, 10:53 PM
I'd start out with painting your side skirts and putting on M3 front and rear bumpers. Second thing I would do is put in like a Bilstein BTS kit for a lower stance but still cost effective.

laserdude
01-08-2007, 04:19 PM
If I had your car I'd be driving MINE! LOL (just kidding, It looks like a nice ride):lol

amancuso
01-08-2007, 04:24 PM
I would put on the M-Tech package, get your front seats re-upholstered, repaint the damaged painted areas, and get some nice ZKW's and you're set!

01-08-2007, 05:32 PM
thanks guys german pride your car sits good. how much is that Bilstein BTS kit? i was looking at these seat covers http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-99-BMW-E36-318-325-328-SYNTH-LEATHER-SEAT-COVERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33702QQihZ001QQi temZ110075861885QQrdZ1
but un sure if i wanna go that route. rear seats are good to go. vaders are expensive and wont match the back seats.
how much are people paying to have front and rear bumpers painted?

98estorilm3
01-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Personally would never do seat covers! And please please dont get those "eyelashes". Be proud your car is an e36 and dont pretend to be an e46! I would get the m-tech kit if I didnt have an ///M. PLEASE paint the car first before you modify anything, and while your painting the car you can have your m-tech kit painted. Two birds with one stone! For headlights if your on a budget I would do depos. They have worked well for over a year for me

01-08-2007, 07:11 PM
well the spots of clear coat that are missing are small and not noticable at all. i compounded the paint thats missing clearcoat and its just a small line but mot worth 3-5k for a paint job. whats the diff beween depos and zkws? are they both projectors?

MParallel
01-08-2007, 08:45 PM
I'd start out with painting your side skirts and putting on M3 front and rear bumpers. Second thing I would do is put in like a Bilstein BTS kit for a lower stance but still cost effective.

Nah don't paint the sideskirt (btw he doesn't have skirts, just the bodywork sills)

So 1st thing I'd do is get skirts. Both "Lux" or "M" models look great. Makes the sides thicker and you won't see that shutline in it.

Than either paint the front and rear lower bumpers (than stock bumper's don't look bad at all) or go for the M-tech ones.

Under NO circumstances fit e46 kidneys. Too roundf for the square e36. And the post-facelift e36 kidneys look 10x better on an e36.

Don't bother with headlights. Fit some good quality angles and either do or don't delense the OEM units. Fit a HID/Xenon kit and you're done and don't get any better than that for half the price (or so) for depo's or zkw or predator chromium etc.

I'd also consider some interior bits. A few tiny bits and bops can make it look much better.

dieseldriver99
01-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Chip, catback exhaust, suspension, new rubber, and Angel Eyes and fuggettabouit!

if you had my car, what would you do to it? its an auto, brand new yokohama es100s, the paint and body is good except the clear coat is peeling in a few spots, interior is good, leather is looking weathered and the passenger seat has a six inch tear in it from people kneeling in the seat. mechanicaly it checks out. the headlights are clear after wetsanding and polishing, but do like the angel eyes.

tthings im considering

-the eye lashes that have the notches in them like the e46.
- head lights
-corners
- m3 bumpers
-side skirts
-new seats or seat covers
-e46 kidney grill
- chip
-exhaust
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/882001/bmw003.jpg

German Pride 10
01-08-2007, 10:18 PM
I am thinking a BTS kit would be around 700-800 USD new.

I have a good line on the new kits.

Personally I run the Bilstein PSS coilovers.

01-08-2007, 11:13 PM
grill- would still be square kinda like this http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/836173/kidney_grille_e36_p_black_4.jpg

Brashland
01-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Depends on what is most important to you, handling or style? The cheapest and easiest parts to change are getting clear front and side turn signals with stealth bulbs. Angel eyes do look great and the lighting system with those are superior to stock bulbs.

I very much like my E46 lashes (despite what 98estoril says :P).

Expect your yokos to become useless in about 7 months to a year though.

Don Nguyen
01-09-2007, 05:53 PM
if i had your car

rieger kit/m3 kit
acs type II wheels
coilovers
m mouldings
clears
euro headlights

done

01-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Depends on what is most important to you, handling or style? The cheapest and easiest parts to change are getting clear front and side turn signals with stealth bulbs. Angel eyes do look great and the lighting system with those are superior to stock bulbs.

I very much like my E46 lashes (despite what 98estoril says :P).

Expect your yokos to become useless in about 7 months to a year though.
handling would be good. but the other two cars in my garage are my wifes 4runner and my supercrew ford truck. so the handling seems sooo good to me, at the moment. i dont know of a track in houston {im sure there is one} but no good mountain passes or anything to really check out. the car is my little project to enjoy on nice days when im not out wakeboarding or out on the boat. i had a 75 landcruiser and missed the convertible feature after i sold it.

German Pride 10
01-09-2007, 09:07 PM
There is an awesome group buy on the Depo GenIV if you decide to go with some new headlights. I think Habbie will only have the special price on for another day or so.

texas319
01-11-2007, 03:18 PM
m3 front and rear bumper
hold off on the side skirt
go with 17in wheels
clear corners

wait a few months after the money is back right then get side skirts and replace the seats with vaders.

MParallel
01-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Personally would never do seat covers! And please please dont get those "eyelashes". Be proud your car is an e36 and dont pretend to be an e46! I would get the m-tech kit if I didnt have an ///M. PLEASE paint the car first before you modify anything, and while your painting the car you can have your m-tech kit painted. Two birds with one stone! For headlights if your on a budget I would do depos. They have worked well for over a year for me

Then why do you have angles? Be proud of your e36 and don't pretend to be an e39 ;)