PDA

View Full Version : burnout?help! '94 325i

d3lux06
01-04-2007, 04:50 PM
hey wuts up guys, ok i have an automatic/manual '94 alpine 325i convertible, and i kno it have a lot of torque yada yada yada, ok, but im havin trouble doin a burnout, yea um i kno how to do one, but like maybe im doin it wrong, lol help plz, i just got the car n im tryin to feel it out, n e help will be greatly appreciated, ive tried floorin it from stand still, nuttin, wut m i doin wrong, ive tried holdin the brakes n then letting it off slowly, nuttin, do i have not alot of power?, i dunno lol help, and thx

vjlax18
01-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Welcome to Bimmerforums and welcome to the Track sub-forum. If you continue to ask questions like these and type like you have, your stay here will be brief. :wave

txse46m3
01-04-2007, 06:03 PM
hey wuts up guys, ok i have an automatic/manual '94 alpine 325i convertible, and i kno it have a lot of torque yada yada yada, ok, but im havin trouble doin a burnout, yea um i kno how to do one, but like maybe im doin it wrong, lol help plz, i just got the car n im tryin to feel it out, n e help will be greatly appreciated, ive tried floorin it from stand still, nuttin, wut m i doin wrong, ive tried holdin the brakes n then letting it off slowly, nuttin, do i have not alot of power?, i dunno lol help, and thx

Ask you Dad. You know, the guy who gave you the car. :lol

maranelloman
01-04-2007, 06:14 PM

?que?

http://lukegirl0.tripod.com/photos/thumbnails/400x300/EnglishMotherfucker.jpg

tfro
01-04-2007, 06:21 PM

Everyone knows that alpine cars won't do burnouts, duh.

callahanw
01-04-2007, 06:34 PM
gas+match
That's the only chance of a burnout that you have.

loudes 13
01-04-2007, 06:36 PM
ban

maranelloman
01-04-2007, 06:37 PM
hahahahahahaha!!

This thread already rocks.

windnsea00
01-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Rev up to redline in neutral then shift into drive, it will be cool and all your friends will be jealous of you.

autocross97
01-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Rev up to redline in neutral then shift into drive, it will be cool and all your friends will be jealous of you.

hahahahaha

Kgizzle1
01-04-2007, 07:26 PM
dood, you dont know how to broil teh tires bro?

Well if its an auto just stand on the brake and gas, then let the brake off slowly til you completely roast, bake, smoke, grill, steam, nuke, cook, rotisserie, broil, toast em til they pop.

4ZPN
01-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Have you tried doing a burnout in reverse? You always want to go in the direction of your driving wheels. If your car is rear wheel drive, then you want to go backwards. If it's left wheel drive, then you want to turn your wheel to the left.

silver3er
01-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Can this thread be deleted?

Eddy@ApexRaceParts
01-04-2007, 09:02 PM

Ive done this at least 60-70 times in our old beater van I drove to high school when I was a dumb kid. I always thought the tranny would drop out the bottom, but it survived.

I highly recommend doing the same thing but instead of doing it from a stop, put your car into neutral while coasting about 50 miles an hour before a turn, then rev it up and drop it into 1.

txse46m3
01-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Can this thread be deleted?

So sorry, NO.

maranelloman
01-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Ive done this at least 60-70 times in our old beater van I drove to high school when I was a dumb kid. I always thought the tranny would drop out the bottom, but it survived.

I highly recommend doing the same thing but instead of doing it from a stop, put your car into neutral while coasting about 50 miles an hour before a turn, then rev it up and drop it into 1.

Amateur.

The REAL pros rev it to redline & throw it into reverse. Everyone knows reverse is the most direct--and thus the fastest & best for burn outs--gear.

dak656
01-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Ha. I had an '88 Dodge Grand Caravan that had an issue for about 2000 miles where the engine would - stop - in left hand turns. I got really good at anticipating it, dropping into neutral, turning, starting the engine, then back into D and back on the road. It was, um, fun.

Nj85'325
01-04-2007, 10:54 PM
find yourself a nice sturdy wall put some card board agaisnt it drive up and put your bumper agaisnt it softly so not to damage, then pedal to the metal!
also i hear if you light your tires on fire with gasoline and a light it makes more smoke...

or you could hold your brake and gas same time then warp your rotors!

save your self some time and money and dont ruin a nice car, sell it soemone that will take care of it

Kgizzle1
01-05-2007, 01:07 AM
find yourself a nice sturdy wall put some card board agaisnt it drive up and put your bumper agaisnt it softly so not to damage, then pedal to the metal!
also i hear if you light your tires on fire with gasoline and a light it makes more smoke...

or you could hold your brake and gas same time then warp your rotors!

save your self some time and money and dont ruin a nice car, sell it soemone that will take care of it

Forget all that... bleach.

And giving a car a good beating every once and a while is good for it. Don't listen to these nervous nellys.

Brashland
01-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Automatic/manual?

Make sure to use armorall or similar product all over your wheels, and I mean everywhere: side, outside, inside, tread, everywhere. Make them jet fockin' black!

palomino
01-06-2007, 12:24 AM
i wonder why this thread was moved from one incorrect forum to another incorrect forum? :dunno

German Pride 10
01-06-2007, 04:16 AM
i wonder why this thread was moved from one incorrect forum to another incorrect forum? :dunno

Because it needs all the exposure it can get!

palomino
01-06-2007, 05:08 AM
Because it needs all the exposure it can get!

good call. :rofl

lorkar
01-07-2007, 12:21 AM
:confused your shitting me right?

johnnybad1
01-07-2007, 01:46 AM
goofy little prick.

FASTNEZ
01-07-2007, 02:28 AM

Nice car?:confused

MAD LIL E21
01-07-2007, 10:52 AM
haha TDF FTMFW, see the awsome member base we have:shifty

LeftCoastBias
01-07-2007, 12:39 PM
a lot is two words, not one.

timmer
01-07-2007, 12:45 PM
heres what you do.

scroll down for the answer.

http://tsmeyers.com/**********2.gif

MAD LIL E21
01-07-2007, 12:55 PM
oh teh noes

http://tsmeyers.com/**********2.gif

palomino
01-07-2007, 01:55 PM