PDA

View Full Version : rear panels/speaker covers

gseven
12-27-2006, 10:03 PM
I replaced my rear speakers. When I bought my car (95 325i convertible), the rear panels/speaker covers were off and laying in the backseat. I didn't think it was a big deal because I already knew I would be replacing the speakers. Now, I'm ready to snap the covers back on but the snaps are broken off. It looks like the panel and snaps are one piece. Does anyone have a workaround? I would rather not buy new panels - there are other things I'd like to spend the money on. Thanks

Jimmie Jazz
12-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Sounds like the last person to work on it didn't know how to remove the panels properly. Is there a place where you could velcro it back on?

MParallel
12-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Tough luck.

That explains why the other owner didn't have them in place.

These clips breaking is my worst nightmare as I have the Lux Pack leather/stitched cars, which cost a fortune from BMW.

I guess velcro is you only option as you need to be able to take them off.

palomino
12-28-2006, 02:38 PM
I replaced my rear speakers. When I bought my car (95 325i convertible), the rear panels/speaker covers were off and laying in the backseat. I didn't think it was a big deal because I already knew I would be replacing the speakers. Now, I'm ready to snap the covers back on but the snaps are broken off. It looks like the panel and snaps are one piece. Does anyone have a workaround? I would rather not buy new panels - there are other things I'd like to spend the money on. Thanks
you want to reattach the little grilles that go over the speakers back onto the panel?

maybe some kind of glue or silicon sealant around the edge on the inside of the panel?

MParallel
12-28-2006, 09:59 PM
you want to reattach the little grilles that go over the speakers back onto the panel?

maybe some kind of glue or silicon sealant around the edge on the inside of the panel?

He's talking about the complete insert.

The speaker grills alone would only cost a few pennies.

gseven
12-28-2006, 10:28 PM
I think the velcro might be a possibility. I've only had this car a few weeks. I bought it for a project. It has more rattles, etc., than I expected, and I hope I haven't gotten in over my head. It has a new top which was done fairly well, but the liner seems like it's too small. I' thought about ripping it out... Does anyone have pics of the interior (underside) of the top - with or without the liner?

I need the piece that goes in the back "dash" and covers the seat belt bolts and the rear defroster. The outside door handle on the passenger side is broken and can only be opened from the inside.

When my daugher turned 16, I got her an '85 325i (not convertible), and we bought almost everything non-mechanical that she needed for it at a salvage yard. That was a great car. She was born in '85, too, so she thought that was pretty cool. Has anyone had any luck with salvage yards? I'm in Houston so there might be a decent selection.

My car also the dreaded 55-shimmy. It's being worked on this weekend.

Oh, and by the way, I'm a "she" - not a "he." I'm obsessed with this board! It's great.

Thanks!